The Bengals - I do NOT like this matchup for the Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HackettSuxTNG, Oct 22, 2013.

1. Son of Whodey

Son of Whodey Banned

Only fair isn't it? I'm basing my opinion on how the team has progressed this season. Bengals next two games are on the road. I don't see Marvin Lewis underestimating the Jets at home in anticipation of that hurdle. He will have the team locked and loaded and bringing the lumber. I really like what Rex has done with the Jets and Geno Smith, but the kid has to pay his dues like every other rookie qb. There is another payment due this Sunday.

2. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

Well on the other hand. Rex is 3-0 against Marvin Lewis including back to back victories with a rookie QB. Cincinnati has a great defense but that doesn't mean that Geno owes anything to pay his dues. The trend for Geno is up and down so if you're looking at that sure he has to "pay his dues" if you base it upon this.

Otherwise you just stated your biased opinion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

3. Son of Whodey

Son of Whodey Banned

Smith will never be an elite qb imo. Ryan is breaking him in the right way and getting the most out of his abilities, but he is limited in what he can do. Against a hungry and ferocious defense like he will see on Sunday, he will be hard pressed to keep his composure. And you can forget about the past. The Bengals left the Bungles behind a few years ago and have finally arrived....

4. IdiditMawae

IdiditMawae New Member

There's no doubt that Green is a stud, but I actually like the match up with Cro. Cro gets in trouble with the smaller WRs. He actually does well against the taller WRs like the 6'4" Green. Of course Cro hasn't been playing well this season compared to last, and he's coming off an injury, but overall he does seem to play his best games against the taller, stud, WRs.

5. Mitch_Dumstein

funny to suddenly have semi ignorant bungle fans arriving...

I had the pleasure of going to that Postseason game in Southern Kentucky and watched about 60000 of those fairweather illiterates scurry out of Bungle Stadium like rats deserting a sinking ship after their kicker missed the decisive field goal that sealed the victory for the Jets...

They were loud and dumb like Whodey and Son of Whodey for about 3+ quarters but when their pathetic team finally bungled the game with that missed chip shot, they were LIKE WHODEY AND SON OF WHODEY WILL BE ON MONDAY utterly invisible

Strange people, those Southern Kentuckians known as Ciincinnatians

6. Son of Whodey

Son of Whodey Banned

You talk like your team has actually done something lately....last playoff game was in 2006....doesn't seem like you should be so pompous....Jets are a game over .500 with a qb who is he spitting image of Thad Lewis (not such a terrible thing, but nonetheless true). And you're calling me out for simply telling it like it is?

7. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

LMAO - you guys still haven't WON a playoff game since 1990. You are still the Bungals, with inept Marvin Lewis STILL coaching. But you pump that chest you loyal Bungles fan!

This playbook, the terminology - Geno Smith hasn't even scratched the surface in my opinion. He's got a long ways to go developing wise - but I guarantee you at this pace he will be better than Dalton in a year.

I am going to assume after this season or next, the Bungals will be looking for a new QB because the QB you have now, in 2 post-season games has 0 TDs and 4 Interceptions.

Forever Marvin Lewis, Forever Bungals.

8. IdiditMawae

IdiditMawae New Member

Wrong, buddy. Not only were the Jets in the playoffs in 2009 AND 2010, but they actually made it to the AFC Championship game BOTH seasons. Nice try though....

9. Mitch_Dumstein

actually Northern Kentucky sharecropper.... the Jets were in the AFC Championship game in 2010 and 2011

In early 2010, they whupped up on your pathetic Bungles in your home craphole.

But, since you just became a Bungle fan maybe last season, I wouldn't expect you to remember...

10. GangGreenTay

GangGreenTay Active Member

do you watch football? I thought it was common football knowledge that the Jets made 2 good runs in 09 and 10. Where were you under a rock?

11. 101GangGreen101

I swear posters like this make me think we have the smartest fan-base in the NFL

12. Son of Whodey

Son of Whodey Banned

Too early to tell about Dalton, but I love his toughness and leadership. He's a winner who took his team to the playoffs in only his 2nd and 3rd year in the NFL....not too shabby.....kid has moxie..

13. Son of Whodey

Son of Whodey Banned

Yeah you're right....forgot about those Sanchez years...too bad he couldn't keep it up...

14. Mitch_Dumstein

sorry troll

no further time to pay attention to your posts.... go out and milk the chickens or whatever they do in the Cincinnati area

15. 101GangGreen101

Too early? Kid has moxie? He's in his 3rd year with a multitude of talent around him and I don't think he's performing as well as many believe. You do know he was utterly useless in the playoffs. Believe me, I thought Sanchez was a winner also when we got to 2 AFCCGs with him.

Dalton did nothing in those playoff games which makes me believe the Jets defense could force some bad throws from Dalton that could result in interceptions. Dalton, I believe will have to play his best game of the season against this defense.

He's had a good 2 game stretch with 6 TDs to 1 INT, I will be interested to see how he does against us this Sunday a real defense.

But don't knock the Jets, when you know the Bengals have done absolutely nothing since 1990.

16. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Maybe the experience of watching your team get beat by him in back to back weeks including a playoff game in your home stadium created traumatic memory loss.

bye bye

17. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

why did he get banned? I didn't see anything crazy from whodey in this thread?

18. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I frankly do not have much experience watching Cincy. On paper they have one of the better rosters in the NFL, although imo not near a top ten Qb, so that's an issue for them. But AJ Green, their lines on both sides, and a deep bench are obvious plusses.

Imo and for some reason it doesn't get talked about much, I don't think all that much of their CS. The last couple of times the Jets have played them, you can't miss that the Jet CS outgamed them. They finally beat a relatively woeful Pitt team this year, but Tomlin and his staff usually outsmart Cincy. Look it up.

I guess we can't count on their CS to underperform, but if Marty and Rex can continue the past trends, and Smith doesn't turn the ball over, this could be a huge win for the Jets.

Not that i am predicting that, ftr.

19. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

In any team's fan forum it always goes the same way. Opposing fan posts how their team will win because of X...most of the time trying to be decent about it. Said opposing fan gets berated by multiple regulars. One or two regulars are decent and reasonable about it.

That opposing fan strikes back (which is easy on this forum because the Jets haven't had anything to crow about since '69.) He or she is again berated. They strike back again and it all goes to shit leading to a ban just like Whodey. That guy didn't do anything more deserving of a ban than jets fans did...

That said...Geno hasn't been good against good pass rushes, and hasn't faced a D like this in their own stadium yet. Last game he had on the road was a complete shit show. He will have to play his best game yet to get a win. The running game will need another 150+ yard performance, and our secondary will need to be able to cover without holding or getting burned like Antonio Cromartie does so often. I think this is a better overall team than the Patriots with a much better defense and better offensive weapons.

But, these guys got beat by the browns, so F-em!

20. Mitch_Dumstein

just to keep it correct, WHODEY is not banned, only his son