Fins Thread

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Axel3419, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

You have 2 weeks to prepare for Thad Lewis and Tashard Choice and you can't win?

2. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

You weren't "right" because you couldn't even back up your idiotic conclusion when you were pressed on it. Just because we turned out to be shitty doesn't make you some sort of genius.

You guys are going to murder us the way your d-line and our o-line is playing.

Dansby and Burnett were better in coverage but couldn't blitz as well. Take your pick. I guess with a gun to my head I'd take Ellerbe and Wheeler since they are younger. Although Dansby is having a great year in Zona. But almost every player we lose goes on to be better other places.

If you are being serious he had a shit first quarter, rebounded well, but not well enough to win. Needs to cut down on the turnovers.

But I think you are just being a dick because you couldn't back up your asinine comparison of Tannehill to Fitzpatrick.

The funny thing about it is it doesn't make you any better of a football fan.

Oh man it is almost like the Phins are the only fanbase that has ridiculous homer fans that make proclamations when their team is undefeated. Wouldn't ever see that anywhere around here would we?

Why do we always need to act like the worst of fans represent an entire fanbase.

#162 BeastBeach, Oct 20, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2013
  3. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

^^ Would say the OL is the weakest part of your team? I feel like everyime I catch highlights of your game, Tannehill has pressure in his face

4. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Tannehill sucked early. Coaching sucked. The entire offense was abysmal in the 4th quarter. 18 yards lol.

At this point I'm like fuck this team. LOL. I'm 25 so all I've ever seen is shittiness and mediocrity disguised as good teams before the bottom falls out.

5. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Yep without a doubt. Clabo is horrendous which was somewhat unexpected going in. Martin isn't quite so bad but still not what you want at LT. And Tannehill just isn't good enough at this point in his career to overcome the line's issues. It isn't just the o-line though. He has his moments were he looks the part but then you have days like today where he makes bonehead throws. His first pick 6 was brutal and then he threw another terrible pick in the red zone. 14 points right there changes the ball game.

6. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

This is why your front office needs to be let go. Losing Jake Long was HUGE. You can have Manning in the backfield, but if you have no offensive line, you will get no where. Your number one priority should have been extending Long, then worry about signing the other guys. That ball was dropped big time by your front office

7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The winner in free agency doing what teams like that generally do.

And yeah, Jeff Ireland has to go. How many years do you get to turn things around?

8. Falco21

You copy cat you!! :)

9. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Actually, I was being serious so chill the fuck out. My opinion has been that RT is a C grade QB. B or A grade QB's don't bad games against the Bills defence. I didn't watch the game so I was curious if you'd say he played badly. I made my point with the fitz/tanny thing so I dropped it because unlike most people here I have better things to do than argue incessantly on the internet.

10. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Your overall point is correct but letting Jake Long go wasn't a bad move IMO. He wasn't very good and couldn't stay healthy so it wouldn't have been good to pay him out the ass. I recall seeing that he hasn't played well for the Rams either. But you are absolutely right that we should have put more attention to the o-line.

Oh so you were being serious but admit to throwing down some troll bait. Good thing you have better things to do than argue incessantly on the internet:wink:

Too bad you waste your time with posts where you fail at rubbing it in rather than maybe discuss football.

11. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

That has to be one of the worst decisions I've seen in a while.

I'm so glad we're not playing the Fins next Sunday, I think this Pats game took a lot out of us.

12. Mitch_Dumstein

Ryan Leafhill

Good luck with your latest next marino bust, phinhags

Sent from my BNTV400 using Tapatalk

13. 74

74 Well-Known Member

wow you have emotional problems dude.

14. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Every Phins fan was saying how they have found there franchise QB, franchise head coach. Its one thing to say you are going to have a good season but its another to proclaim a franchise QB. A franchise QB is a QB that you believe will be playing for your team 6 to 7 seasons from now.

If Tannenhill is your QB entering the 2020 season then you can say im wrong but I have yet to see anything to make me believe that Tannenhill will be your "franchise" qb.

15. neid92

neid92 Well-Known Member

16. FitzyRifleHands

FitzyRifleHands New Member

dolphins will go 0-6 in the div

17. Falco21

Are you honestly sitting here saying Jake Long wasn't very good? LOL

He may have been struggling, but he is one of the best lineman in the nfl. You must be joking right?

He is a four time pro bowler, had a 61 game starting streak, and was nominated into the 2012 pro bowl before getting hurt. I know your a dolphin fan and dolphin fans are typically delusional, but you can't be that blind, can you? You can't call a guy "not very good" who is a four time pro bowler and voted into the 2012 pro bowl. You can't say a guy is always injured when he had a 61 game starting streak. Jesus

Sounds to me like you're trying very hard to justify a dumb ass move made by your front office. Just admit it was a dumb ass move like you did. Don't try and justify something completely false

#177 Falco21, Oct 21, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2013
  18. Gator

Gator Active Member

Didn't like this thread early but it's been gaining steam and is now a fun place to be

19. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

No they weren't. I know this is true because I haven't been saying that and neither is "every" other fan. Stop exaggerating. You're taking the opinions of idiot homers as representative of an entire fanbase. Plus most "fans" are idiots.

Yes, I am saying he hadn't been very good the past couple of years, especially if you take into consideration his monster contract demands.

And maybe instead of being insulting you could actually bring something to the table other than pro bowl votes, which are an awful measure of a player's play, especially as they concern offensive linemen.

He had been playing hurt for a while and that had been affecting his play negatively. He played with his arm in a sling for half the year. I know this because I actually watch the games and it is validated from respectable football viewers.

From profootballfocus:
    http://www.thephinsider.com/2012/11...focus-jake-long-among-fas-hurting-their-value

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...long-faces-uphill-climb-back-to-all-star-form

Maybe, just maybe, I know what I am talking about and you are going off of what you see on ESPN? Don't be so quick to throw a fact-based opinion in the shitter because you're actually the one who is speaking on things they are uninformed on.

(btw, I'm only being a dick because you are. We can get back to being friendly whenever)

20. plasticsloth

plasticsloth Well-Known Member

Jake Long has been overpaid for the majority of his career. And I'm a Michigan fan so I love Jake Long. When he first came out he was elite but the injuries slowed him down quite a bit. He hasn't done anything special for the Rams and has continued his injury prone ways. He is a shell of himself and the Dolphins were smart not to pay him what he wanted. Now they weren't as smart in not getting ANY replacement, effectively downgrading both at LT and RT by moving Martin over. The questionable move in this case would be the dolphins trading up for Dion Jordan rather than taking Lane Johnson although he hasn't been great either. In fact none of the OT's in the draft have been too great.

Take off the green shades