Jets Playoff Discussion

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jay Bizniss, Oct 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

yes we do....because if we don't prepare for the upcoming game and are instead focusing on the playoff picture instead of our own team on a message board we might lose the game.

2. Matt4776

Matt4776 Active Member

It's been seven.

If the Jets win next week at Cincy, then we can start talking. Our wins this year have been:

1. A win saved by a lucky penalty against a winless Tampa Bay team.
    2. A win against the Bills where we still committed 20 penalties.
    3. A win against the Falcons who are what their record says they are.
    4. A good win against the pats, albeit with a very controversial/lucky ending.

I tend to be on the more optimistic side of things, but I want to see just one convincing win against a good team before I get excited about playoffs.

That being said, we're the fans and not the players so we can talk about whatever the hell we want.

3. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

I do not think that a thread discussing the AFC Playoff Picture is going to derail the Jets game plan going into Cincinnati on Sunday, but you are more than welcome to come back in 2 weeks.

4. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

slow down
    take a breath
    enjoy the win and the not horrible season to date

5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Primary contenders for 6th seed this year:

1. Ravens.

Tough schedule coming up for them, if we beat them in a month our chances at the 6 seed go way up.

2. Chargers.

Play 5 playoff teams in the last 9 games. Rivers is playing lights out right now and that makes them the secondary choice at this point.

3. Jets.

Who'd a thunk it?

6. Jay Bizniss

I would also throw the Titans in there.. They have games against the Rams, Jaguars 2x, Raiders and Cardinals... Really hurts that we lost against them earlier this year.

7. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

I don't think any team is making the playoffs in the AFC with less than 10 wins.

You got the Chiefs and Broncos almost both certain to make the playoffs which leaves 1 wild card. This Bengals game is gigantic for tie breakers down the road.

The loss to the Steelers worries me, I think they're going to make a run now. They never were as bad as their 0-4 record.

8. Jay Bizniss

I think the Titans loss hurt way more than the Steelers.. I don't think the Steelers are going to make a run..

9. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I'm not derailing the thread, It's called being realistic, we already lost 3 conference games - including one to the Titans.

Half of you guys weren't even predicting playoffs and now 7 weeks later, what do you know? I thought this was suppose to be a rebuilding year?

I hope we make the playoffs no doubt in my mind - we still have a long ways to go.

10. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

The chargers and Ravens have much tougher competition than the Jets. 9 wins gets us in.

Winning next week would be a big step toward the postseason.

11. Br4d

3 losses in a row and their starting QB is not healthy. Hard to project them in the race given those facts.

12. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Titans don't have a QB right now. They have lost every game since we played em. The Titans won't make a push, highly unlikely.

13. Br4d

Locker is back and playing but he's still hurting. The hip could be too sore to play on after any game moving forward.

14. thirtyoddfreestyle

thirtyoddfreestyle Well-Known Member

we need to focus on the next game - cincy is playing good football and we cant get our heads in the clouds after we beat the pats - becuase the reality is they are not playing at the same level they have played at in the past - lets go dismantle cicncy and forcus on the same thing each week

15. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Lucky ending but we pretty much dominated the game if you look at the box score.

16. BookEndTackles 72&79

Way too early but it's fun to look forward. Crazy things happen from week to week and there are no real huge upsets in the NFL with how close the league is.

Keep an eye on the Broncos schedule the rest of the way. SDx2, KCx2, at NE, TEN. They have a chance to fall back into the wild card pack or help push some of these contenders for a playoff spot down into the mix.

Titans have a weak sked. Jacksonvile x 2, at Stl, at Oak, HOU, ARZ in which they should be favored in all of them. They do play Indy x 2 and at Denver.

17. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Was totally unaware, some teams I just dont pay much attention to, the Titans are one of them.

18. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

What's this playoff thing you guys are speaking of?

19. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

I think 9-7 with a couple of lucky breaks will get the Jets in. Maybe 10-6 if a lot of the AFC teams win outside the conf.

I almost missed the sarcasm. Nice post!

I think we have won against 3 good teams. The AFC has improved a lot in one season. The Bronco are dominant, the Colts are good, the Chiefs probably aren't as good as 7-0 but the tougher sledding in coming up for them. The Pats are slipping a little but the Bills and Fins are better teams and won't be bottom feeders either. Tenn is not longer a bottom feeder, and Pitt & Balt and having down years but are not easy outs.

In the NFC....
    Falcons aren't as bad as their record. They still have a dominant team. Bucs are bad. Panthers are better than their record as well. The NFC as a whole I think has taken a step back this year.

The only layup I see on the schedule is maybe the Faiders. We aren't playing the Jags and CLE is no gimme either. The Browns hung tough with Balt and already beat Cincy.

So every team on our schedule except maybe 2 or three are pretty good teams. And while I understand the "you are what your record says you are" the sub .500 teams have been playing some serious competition as well.

The first loss to the Patriots was pretty damn close and could have easily went the other way.

#39 fozzi58, Oct 21, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2013
  20. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

lol, it's all about the Super Bowl you bunch of pussies. I don't give a crap about "everyone who plays is a winner" and let's take everything cautiously bullshit. Jets have a shot here and if they can fix their mistakes (penalties, INTs, bad clock management, etc..) then they have as good a shot as anyone with the top tier defense, improving running game, and fuck yeah a deep threat QB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.