2013 week 7 - N.E. Patriots @ NY Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mezzavo, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Midlife Crysis

That call was right, if cheap/unsatisfying, but I'm sure as hell happy to take it. The Jets were better than the Pats for most of the game and deserved to win. This makes up for Stephen Hill's drop in the first game against them last year :)

2. SyraJet

SyraJet New Member

Feels Good

Damn, it's been a long time!!

3. mute

mute Well-Known Member

my dream just might come true

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I'm hoping Rex has this team focused on next week's opponent. In the past, when the Jets beat the Pats, they came out flat the following game. I dunno if that's a function of coaching or of maturity but either way, The Jets have no room for error and certainly can't get complacent.

5. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

It's a dirty pleasure at the expense of others. But Ill take it.

6. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

OMG WE WON tell me guys how good was the performance just arrived home

7. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

Yeah baby!!!

8. Mitch_Dumstein

Just back from Jet Life

Too exhausted for long posts

Great win

Fans were terrific too at our home field

The following suck

Brady
    Belichick
    Peter King Colin Cowturd Skip Bayless and all the other media experts and SOJFs who predicted 3 or less wins and that we would be smoked and thrashed by the cheating douches

Sent from my BNTV400 using Tapatalk

9. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

:gpc::gpc::gpc::gpc:

:metal:

10. MoWilkNYJ

MoWilkNYJ Well-Known Member

You probably heard by now, but I'll list the main points anyway.

Geno played very well except for one bad pick 6. Stared down the receiver and made a throw that should not have been made. But besides that, there was very little to criticize. Some nice runs too, including one for a TD.

We were very good on third down, both sides of the ball. The Patriots started 0 for 6 I think and we started somewhere around 5 for 5. Kerley had a lot of big catches on third down.

Gronkowski looked like his old self for the most part. Antonio Allen did better than expected. I think he had three pass deflections and he also had a pick 6.

In the beginning the pass rush was pretty weak, but got better in the second half. The third quarter was huge, too. The half ended with us down 21-10. On the first play, Brady was stripped but he recovered. The next play was Allen's pick 6. In the end, Wilk, Richardson, and Harrison got sacks.

David Nelson had some VERY impressive diving catches. Cumberland made some big plays but also some bad drops, including one that could have clinched it.

Ivory grinded out a lot of runs for decent yardage. Overtime was good for him.

The Patriots got the ball to start OT and punted the ball after one first down. We got the ball to about the 39 yard line and it was 4th down. Folk missed a 56 yard field goal wide left, but there was a penalty on a Pats rookie. There's some rule that you can't push your own teammate into the line during a field goal. That gave us 15 yards and Folk made the final kick for the win.

11. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Key had our back.

12. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

thank you gonna watch the game after the Colts against Denver.

13. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

thanks for the good write up mowilk and thanks for representing today. My wife had emergency surgery today so I ended up watching most of the game on the TV mounted over her bed. Wife was yacking about being in pain or some shit but I couldn't really hear her over the TV....GO J_E_T_S JETS!!!

14. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

I thought the Pats were going to pull this one out after the pretty decent first half but the Jets hung in there and shut down the Pats offense very well in the 2nd half. They played better and deserved the win.

I'm more concerned about the Patriot Defense though.

Amazingly enough the Pats are still alone in 1st place after Miami lost to Buffalo. I thought the AFC East would be more of a dogfight then usual and it sure looks that way.

As far as the "The call", yeah it was certainly a surprise but I guess there IS a rule for that. Who knew?

#374 PatsFan2003, Oct 20, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2013
  15. agilic

agilic Member

NFL is funny. Our defense lets jake locker look like joe Montana one week and then makes Tom Brady look like Brady Quinn a few weeks later.

16. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

You just need Talib to be healthy and stay healthy. Losing Wilfork and Mayo hurts, but the league is shifting to passing and many teams won't stick to the run like we did and as of right now there are a ton of better WR and QBs that would feast on the secondary without Talib. The lack of pressure also exposes the secondary for more time than necessary at times

17. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Was at the game, gf surprised me with tickets this morning...Section 319. I got back and had a blast. Had these loud mouthed Pats fans sit in front of us. They ran away as fast as Folk kicked the ball through.

What a game. Geno had a great game aside from that 1 pass...Cumberland dropped two big passes (one a touchdown) and Hill's TD was not a PI

18. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Weird, not on screen pass all day.

_

19. MenOverGod

MenOverGod Well-Known Member

This is pure gold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

20. DanR

DanR Active Member

I was so sure Pats would win. Weird.

#380 DanR, Oct 21, 2013