2013 week 7 - N.E. Patriots @ NY Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mezzavo, Oct 13, 2013.

1. JEdelmanELITE11

JEdelmanELITE11 New Member

Doesn't mean anything.. Chandler Jones and Rob Ninkovich are both excellent on the outside, as is Rob at OLB as well. DT's Joe Vellano and Chris Jones have been tremendous in for Wilfork and Kelly, and Don'ta Hightower and the rest of the linebackers have been playing at an extremely high level. Plus, now with Hightower in the middle, allows for Jamie Collins to finally display his freakish athleticism and rush the passer. Secondary wise, as mentioned before, Alfonzo Dennard, Kyle Arrington, Devin McCourty and Steve Gregory have been outstanding in the secondary this year. The defense is still in tact.

2. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Good job JEdelman....you just managed to rattle off about 10 scrub 2nd stringers and put them in Canton at the same time.

Just curious, but with the whole bench starting the game, who's gonna go in on sub packages or spell these guys during the game?

3. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

I seriously doubt that Gronk will be much of a factor in this game. You don't stay on the sidelines for a year and then step onto an NFL field and dominate. I'll expect them to spot him here and there ... Especially in the Red Zone but I don't expect him to get more than a handful of targets tomorrow.

4. strngplyr

strngplyr Well-Known Member

Wow, gigantic homer post lol, this coming from a fellow Pats fan.

It was one thing in the 2011 and 12 asking "how are they gonna cover all these guys", its an entirely different thing this year bud.

The offense hasn't even put 8 solid quarters together yet this entire season, let alone one COMPLETE game.

Jamie Collins has been horrendous in his coverage snaps to date, which is what he'll be asked to do more than rushing the passer. You almost make it sound like "Thank god Mayo is gone so this guy can paly for a change!". There's a reason he's only played about 60 snaps. Dennard and Arrington are playing great as the #2 outside corner and nickel corner, Arrington is awful on the outside, don't pretend he isn't. I'd rather see McCourty start the game at corner with Dennard, keep Arrington in the slot and give Harmon reps at safety against the Jets depleted WR corps. Vellano and Jones get pushed around in the run game, HOWEVER, they have been a boost to interior pressure being faster and lighter than Wilfork or Kelly. Gregory takes worse angles at times than Merryweather did.

The defense is catching a break playing 3 struggling offenses before a bye followed by Carolina giving them time to prep for Denver. They're going to need to get creative and get Talib back to continue playing at the level they did for weeks 1-6. If there isn't a drop off, it's more about the Jets offense than our defense right now.

I still think NE wins the game, probably by double digits, but in this scenario, it's more about their team being bad (no offense, guys, honestly, just my personal opinion) than our backups being HOFers like you seem to think they are.

#284 strngplyr, Oct 19, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2013
  5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Remember when Patriots fans pretended that McCourty was the next Revis? That was funny.

6. JEdelmanELITE11

I didn't put them in Canton you idiot, just saying that they have been playing at a high level all season and are important pieces to a defense that's only allowed 14 points a game and is one of the elite defenses in the league. And they are all starting this game, so what bench?

7. strngplyr

Every fan base has a player who performs beyond all expectations (DMC was known as a special teams ace coming out of college) and gets absolutely crazy comparisons.

You can't deny that DmC's rookie year wasn't great, and he would have been the easy DROY were Suh not in the same class. In 2012 and 2013 he's been among the top rated at corner and safety, 2011 was his only bad season.

If you wanna go by PFF stats:
    2010 - 11th ranked CB as a rookie, allowing 55.8% completion, 5TD/7INT and 12 PD
    2011 - 102nd ranked CB, 62.2%, 6TD/2INT and 7PD
    2012 - 11th ranked CB (534 snap, 700+ at safety also ranked 11th), 50.9% (40% at FS), 3TD/2INT (1TD/3INT at FS) and 7PD

He's not Revis or Sherman, not even Talib, but he's a #1CB on 20-25 teams and a #1FS on almost every team (ranked #1 this year by PFF currently).

8. JEdelmanELITE11

You know what else is funny? That we actually have a good secondary unlike someone once they got rid of Revis... you still have Cromartie but you will need three of him to win tomorrow. McCourty is great at Free Safety and Dennard and Arrington are still good so who is laughing now?

9. Mitch_Dumstein

Here in the Eastern USA, it is now officially

GAMEDAY!!

Sent from my BNTV400 using Tapatalk

10. MenOverGod

MenOverGod Well-Known Member

Elite. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

11. Mitch_Dumstein

wow

that is one large pathetic pile of JAG scrubs.... good luck with that pile of crap

12. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Can we call this the injury bowl yet?

Is it me or are injuries rife throughout the league?

13. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Ughhh...I have a BAD feeling about today...and I haven't gone to bed yet!

14. strngplyr

I might say NE, GB, and both NY teams have sustained the most injuries throughout the NFL. Injury bowl might apply.

15. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Things look better after a nights sleep :wink:

This is ridiculous http://www.nfl.com/injuries

16. wa2k99

wa2k99 Active Member

Good morning guys! Less than 4.5 hours!

17. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

Dreamt Jets were down 3 final minutes and drove in for a game winning TD.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

18. BigGreenUgly

BigGreenUgly Well-Known Member

Suprised so many of you have the Jets winning this game.....seems to be a lot of "gut feelings".....i hope it happens....i just don't see it.....not with the lack of weapons on OFF...Geno's spotty play...and Cro playing as bad as he is playing...clutching and grabbing on almost every down......This is a big game for Rex...no doubt about it.....

19. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I like all of the positive thinking. No reason the Jets can't win. :up:

20. mute

mute Well-Known Member

I had a dream the other night jets were going to the sb and I was debating with my friend if I should buy a tix since its going to be close by this year.

then I woke up.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2