The Geno Smith "Era" (Official Geno Thread) - All Geno Talk in here!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Apr 26, 2013.

1. TutanKhaman

TutanKhaman Member

Well that's just your opinion. When I watched the colts last year I mostly saw a guy throwing bunch of INTs and his receivers making crazy catches for him. Plus, he only completed 54% of his passes together with all the 18 INTs. That is not carrying a team. Now this year the Pagano decided to take the ball out of his hand and make him dink&dunk or hand it off to Richardson the team have a better record. Luck is a game manager. Throughout the combine people have questioned his arm and the verdict is still out.

2. TutanKhaman

TutanKhaman Member

Very well said. Finally an honest individual on this forum.

3. TutanKhaman

TutanKhaman Member

Let me see, so payton sucked in his rookie year and geno can't suck in his. I wonder why that is.

4. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Agreed nice post. I'm looking forward to seeing you around more.

5. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Exactly it's my opinion and you have your opinion. You're catching on to how this works very quickly.

By the way neither Luck or RG3 threw at the combine. Both of their combine numbers in other drills were off the chart. By people I'm again assuming that's you personally.

#4585 Biggs, Oct 16, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
  6. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

why??

filler....

7. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Geno doesn't suck, Geno's been great. Just pointing out that Payton sucked. Why does Geno have to suck because Payton sucked?

8. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

No, I know what forum I am on. If you are looking for a Jet homer circle jerk, you are the one who is on the wrong forum.

9. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

It's hard to tell. I can post some screenshots and a breakdown of the play later on.

From what I saw it looked like the pass was intended for Cumberland. Geno Smith made the decision to throw right when Cumberland made his break. I think Geno thought Cumberland was going to break towards the pylon, but Cumberland ran an inside route instead.

Also, it might have been an option route, and one of them might have misread where the safety was going. If so t's quite possible Cumberland made the right read, the center of the field looked open.

He said that? If he really was trying to throw it out of bounds, it was a bad throw.

My impression was Cumberland could have gotten to the ball if he went the other way, but I'll have to look at it again.

I'm not sure what exactly Reuland was running/doing on that play.

I root for Geno, but I'm not going to sit here and BS like he's making all the right decisions if he's not. I just rewatch (and sometimes post screencaps) so people can get a different/better view of what's going on with his development.

10. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

He did say he was trying to throw it out of bounds. It was in his post-game presser.

11. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

geno the politician :)

12. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Wow. You call someone else a joke and then go on to say Luck is an overrated game manager.

There are times when opinions can be wrong and yours is just pants on head retarded.

When you use 40 time to try and make a case for your QB to be better than you are desparate.

Hands the ball off to Richardson every Sunday? They just traded for him. 4 Sundays. Luck is in his second year.

13. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

Really? Seems to me he is spot on...

14. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

wow tooter really came on like a ball of fire.

andrew luck has performed very well in his rookie and now second season, i think luck was protected a little bit more than geno in the beginning of the year but morningwood seems to have figured it out, at least a little bit and is not putting him in quite as many positions to screw up.

why are we even comparing these guys by the way?

15. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

two recent rookies, one thats perceived as the next best thing and thus something to base other rookies coming out on.

and by the way(not directed at the quoted post) if Luck is overrated then I can't imagine how many QB's are worth the time of day. he's not elite, only ones that belong under that category are Brees, Rodgers, Brady and P.Manning, but he's certainly got something going for him.

I don't really get how somebody can knock a guy like him without having unrealistic expectations.

16. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Then who'd he hand it off to last year when he took a defensively-challenged team from 2-14 to the playoffs?

Scrub?

As much as I like Geno and as much as I hope he pans out, I'd take Andrew Luck in a heartbeat.

17. Mr. Green Pants

I called you a jackass because you got pissy over a completely benign discussion.

18. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Why? Apparently there is some statistical comparison between Luck and Geno. Geno either sucks or is great depending on how you view Luck.

19. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

I am not aware of Luck's team mates but I would say he has better receivers last year than Geno does now. Not compared to the crap we are playing with now. If Geno doesn't have more success moving the ropes now its going to stunt his growth and pretty soon will be bitching about another QB.

20. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Geno isnt Luck or Peyton. Let's focus on just Geno.