The Geno Smith "Era" (Official Geno Thread) - All Geno Talk in here!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Apr 26, 2013.

1. GangGreenFan1984

GangGreenFan1984 New Member

I agree, he is going to grow into the position

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Before I counter this I am in geno's corner and he has shown me he can play in this league so I am not bashing him BUT...

2009 Mark had Chansi Stuckey starting for 4 games then acquired his best WR for game 5 w/ no offseason work and a couple of practices. The OL was better, the overall talent on O was not.

The #s may look similar but most of Mark's bad #s came from 2 games where he threw 8 of his 10 INTs. He had 2 games w/o an INT and 2 others w/ 1 INTs.

geno has turned it over consistently every game. 4 of his 6 games he's had at least 2 INTs and he has only one game w/o an INT.

2012 Mark had Tony Sparano running the O, HUGE difference from Marty- wouldn't you Agree? and he had 8 TDs w/ 6 INTs. he also didn't have Keller and lost Holmes in week 4 for the season. That 34-0 game was 17-0 w/ us at midfield when Holmes got hurt after a catch then gave himself up but they allowed SF to score a TD anyway(I guess giving yourself up only works for the giants) and the game spiraled out of control from there.

The talent and OL were nowhere near as good as this year yet he still put up better #s and won as many games against a tougher sched.

3. TutanKhaman

TutanKhaman Member

This. Plus, forget about the numbers, just the eye test alone and Geno's physical ability make him a far superior player than Sanchez. And the way Geno throws that football is just a beautiful thing to watch on a Sunday. Even in Geno's bad days he put up good numbers. Even Marty Morningweg stated during the preseason that he didn't care how Sanchez perform that Geno is his guy. No contest at all. Just fanatical bs.

#4423 TutanKhaman, Oct 14, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
  4. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Is Mary his wife or his sister?

5. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Meh. Smith seems to have different concerns than Sanchez. I also think Sanchez would have been the starter if he had not gotten hurt in the Giants preseason game.

But it's different concerns. He may look better in some respects than Sanchez, but I am not sure he will be better in the medium to long term.

6. TutanKhaman

TutanKhaman Member

Can you state specific. Is it accuracy? Lack of mobility? Too short? Can't make all the throws? Give us something. Not just "I don't like him because Sanchez is not starting". Three things that Geno have that no one can take away from him:
    1. he can sling that football
    2. can make all the throws
    3. accurate as hell.

And he runs a 4.5

Stop bitching, we have our starting QB for the next 15 years.

7. TutanKhaman

TutanKhaman Member

Sanchez would have been the safe option being that he is more familiar with the offense. But it wasn't because of any better skill set. This is the NFL, not college. No red-shirting, the best player play. Sanchez had no particular physical advantage to have warrant him the starter.

The only thing holding this team back now is talent on the outside. Geno can get them the ball. He has great ball placement, great accuracy, incredible arm strength and he runs a 4.5. What the draft 'gurus' said was his weakness is actually his strength, the deep passes. Seems like they purposefully tried to sabotage him, especially with that Nawrocki late published article days before the draft. Smith is a 1st round caliber talent which we're lucky to have gotten in the 2nd. There is a reason the media was abuzz about him not being drafted on the first day.

8. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Right now based upon what we have seen so far, Geno is just another guy when it comes to starting QBs. He has shown flashes but has not consistently demonstrated enough to crown him our franchise quarterback for the next decade.

His contract also allows us the flexibility to upgrade the QB position and dump him or keep Geno as a backup if we can find someone better. If a great opportunity falls in our laps in the next year or two we can not afford to pass it up because we have convinced ourselves that Geno is anything special.

I hope Geno does great and I am confident that he will have many opportunities to prove his worth over the course of this season. With that being said, I really would like to see what Simms could do if he had a couple quarters of game time.

9. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Well, that's all very conspiratorial, but of course you have no proof for that. Frankly you sound like you could be Smith's agent.

10. TutanKhaman

TutanKhaman Member

Well, if simms were anything special we would have heard about him before. There is reason starting QBs are selected in the first two rounds. Simms is only on a roster because of his father. Don't make me laugh!

11. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Oh wait, it sounds like your describing exactly what a rookie qb is. Let me guess, he's only played 6 games in his NFL career? Am I right? Am I right?

12. nyjunc

what reason would the Jets have for keeping Simms on the roster b/c of his Dad? He's be a #3 QB if mark was healthy and will be if Garrard is healthy. he earned his spot on the roster.

13. TutanKhaman

TutanKhaman Member

The proof's in the pudding. And no I'm not his agent. I watched a lot of his games in WV since he was a freshmen running the read option. He lacks no physical attribute that could say he can't be a nfl qb. The dude can spin the rock.

14. mute

mute Well-Known Member

we won that game because a buc pushed him out the sidelines which then with the pen. allowed us into fg range. without stupid buc players I doubt we win that shitty game.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

15. TutanKhaman

TutanKhaman Member

exactly, that's all he is, a 3rd stringer.

16. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

That game was awesome; and that Qb kept us in it until the very last second.

17. nyjunc

he kept his composure in what looked to be an impossible situation but he didn't keep us in that game he kept TB in the game.

18. mute

mute Well-Known Member

there was nothing awesome about that game imo. I'm not going to pretend geno won it for us. and no, it has nothing to do with sanchez so please stop.

in the wins geno has had one great game which was against atl, one decent vs the bills, and one shitty vs bucs.

again, my opinion.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

19. TutanKhaman

TutanKhaman Member

Plus, when you're watching something from above you have a clearer view of the space between objects than if you're on the ground. Any retard knows that. There is a reason sometimes the OC is positioned in a booth higher up.

20. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Yesterday was very disappointing mainly bc we lost to a veteran team, not a better team. We really played the game of football that they wanted us to play. Just grinding out clock and forcing young QB to make a mistake.

The defense struggled badly yesterday getting off the field. Time of possession was almost 36mins for Steelers and only just over 24mins for Jets. We could have put this game to bed with the sack/safety and scoring on 3rd and goal, but it wasn't our day.

Still staying strong with Geno, I need to see more.

#4440 JetsVilma28, Oct 14, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2013