The Geno Smith "Era" (Official Geno Thread) - All Geno Talk in here!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

ugh dude, Marquise Lee is probably the 1st WR taken...Either way we need to draft offense 1st round in 2014, unless we get Clowney

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

we don't have that much cap room. howard is a f.a. that should be resigned, mowilk needs a new deal those 2 alone will take the bulk of what money we have.

3. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Geno probably looked cooked cause he has had to learn so much in the last few weeks. In Atlanta he was comfortable with his plays and himself because he'd had enough to time to digest them all. You guys are right in the last drive he had the look of a deer in the head lights.

4. John

John Active Member

i agree those 2 should be signed. But i think we will have room to get a good starting safety or a good low key corner. I mean im guessing we are cutting sanchez thazt will give us more room

5. John

John Active Member

I think we need a wr 1st round no matter what or a te i mean clownys good and all but he does not have a high motor looks like he dosnt really wanna play

6. pdxdrew

Holmes will go too but I dont know if that is money is guaranteed or not.

7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

We'll be fine on the cap. Mo Wilk will get a big deal. Everybody else will get what's coming to them. Santonio Holmes is probably going to get cut as a cap casualty. Mark Sanchez is going to get cut as a cap casualty.

The Jets are going to start the off-season at $83M on the cap or so and then lose some space to Mo Wilk when he signs his deal. That's a huge improvement over where they have been in the timespan since they signed Calvin Pace, Alan Faneca and Brett Favre in 2008.

The cap tight team is a thing of the past.

8. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

I agree 100%. Our cap situation looks infinitely better than years past even with the contract Wilk will sign which is more than deserved. Theres a lot more dead weight to cut after this season.

9. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

We're a 7-9/8-8 team so we should be in a position to draft one of the top receivers.

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I'd put us at the 13 pick right now.

11. John

John Active Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00EWkjb25K8

look at this beast we need him on the jets he can be a true young #1 reciever complimented by hill and kerley, sign a couple low risk/high reward 4 and 5 recievers and were set for furture!!

12. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

There's no back shoulder throw when your speed WR has destroyed the defense by 8 plus yards. You allow the WR to adjust to the ball. The only place he can't adjust to the ball is if its thrown beyond his range to get to it. That's what Gen did he overthrew his receiver when it wasn't needed.

When you have a big play with loads of margin on the throw you use some of the margin. The margin is inside the WR max range on the ball. A back shoulder throw is something entirely different.

13. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

This thread is such a cesspool. People just rip on geno after 6 games so they can maybe 4 years down the road say I told you so. I think half of our fan base is smart as can be but the other half just make our fan base look dumb as shit. Stop being so overreactive and give geno enough rope to hang himself. No one cares now if you say he's going to suck and better yet, no one will give a shit 4 years from now whether you called it or not. Just try to enjoy the wild ride this rookie is taking us on.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk now Free

14. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

If you look at the series of pics that the Dirty Sanchez provided the throw to Hill was a good throw, thrown in the only place it could be completed. He could not lead him because of the safety. The problem was Hill. Hill had inside position on the CB and had him boxed out but Hill never picked up the location of the ball and ran 5 yards past the throw allowing the CB to just walk in and take the INT. If Hill located the ball there is no chance of an INT and a good chance of a reception. That INT was all on Hill

15. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

Geno is a career backup...he has to be heavily protected with the playcalling. Seems like when he gets a chance to think about what to do he implodes on himself. He can't be as good as he was last week and shit the bed this week and have the excuse of well he is a rookie you have to expect this. Why can't we expect something closer to what happened on Monday? he showed what he is capable of but he regresses to his old habits. No business throwing into triple coverage to his 3rd tight end. Missing a wide open Hill, his 2nd red zone pic. He has to understand what is going on.. 1st down in the red zone -- if it isn't there throw it away or take the sack.

The guy just isn't the answer at QB. I just don't see it with him. I wish I did but it just is a 2nd round pick that will be a nice backup in a season.

16. MikeSLTJ23

Good point. Tom Brady did the same thing on first down and should have lost. He's probably nothing more than a career backup.

Isn't LeBeau something ridiculous like 17-2 against rookie QBs? Just stop. 6 games into his career and all you people want to do is hear yourselves shit on his potential. You are embarrassing yourselves.

17. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

Who cares what LeBeau is against rookie QBs. He isn't playing defense and this isn't an imposing Steelers defense some 2006. He didn't fool him into any bad plays today. Smith played like garbage when it mattered. Two red zone trips....two ugly interceptions. Wide open deep ball not even close. Smith can't keep saying -- i can't make those plays, i have to play better, i said i was sorry to my defense. If he can't win the game he can't lose it either. He lost is -- in 3 loses - 9 turnovers now?

18. pdxdrew

One thing we don't talk about is the soggy periods that Geno went through in college. The last five or six of his college games weren't exactly great. He's going to have to get over that here too. Whatever the reasons for it, they are probably as reason for his bad play as anything else.

19. MikeSLTJ23

Oh, sorry, I didn't realize we're supposed to just throw away facts like that. Smith made two costly mistakes. One was terrible on first down. The other he got drilled while making a throw when he got no protection. You harp on the losses but ignore that he's also got 3 wins under his belt with a couple game winning drives. All this with what everyone called a joke of an offense in the preseason. So stop making yourself sound foolish.

No one is saying he is definitely the future of the franchise and he's clearly going to be a solid starter. What I'm saying is comments writing him off 6 games into his career is at best an attempt to say I told you so down the line or just incredibly premature. He has shown every bit of potential Sanchez ever showed in 4 years and we gave him FOUR YEARS.

20. johnnysd

johnnysd Well-Known Member

Geno actually played well for almost the entire game. He had a few bad throws but the OL play was really bad, and he made a lot of really excellent throws. He will continue to be up and down the rest of the season likely. But today is largely on coaching. Rex always plays the Steelers scared and we did not put Geno in a position to succeed.