Fins Thread

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Axel3419, Sep 22, 2013.

1. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I'm really interested to see what RT can do against Rex and his defense when we face off. Last year he only played us once because he got hurt in the second game when Moore kicked our ass. Tannenhill went 19/36 for 196 and an INT. It'll be interesting to see if he can handle all the schemes, disguises, and packages Rex has in store.

2. xeticus

xeticus Member

Your defense is playing well and our OL isn't so you will get some sacks. RT is very good. He will get some nice passes in as well I feel.

3. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

are you guys seriously having a civil conversation about the dollfags?

this thread makes me want to punch kittens.

4. BrooklynJet97

BrooklynJet97 Active Member

I hate the Dolphins too. I fucking live in South Florida smack dab in the middle of this shit.

But why not, right? Makes it fun to duel a little bit.

5. 74

74 Well-Known Member

I'll wait till after this week before giving them credence. beating Atlanta has propelled many people's opinion of Miami skyward but the Falcons defence has been horrible so far and their offence hasn't made up the slack this time because it's too banged up. I still think RT sucks and is not a franchise QB. the rb's are lame and the run D has been poor. The teams strength is all the aerial weapons, RT should have way better stats already if he's as good as you people are claiming him to be. Good chance the dolls crash back to earth at the Superdome this weekend. Saints look like they have a decent defence finally. But good job giving your on the hot seat GM an extension after only 3 games, that made me smile. One guy I do like on the Fins is Rishard Matthews, watch for this guy to break out.

6. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

This post sucks but I'll give it a go anyways.

People keep talking about how the Falcons suck. After the Phins beat them of course. But NE is the underdog against them this week. Even tho it is a road game for NE that still says something.

If the team is as poor as you say it is then how are we winning? Why does a QBs stats need to be better? Have you looked at Andrew Luck's stats lately? Yet he is having his bust carved for the HOF. Anyways if you had watched the first 3 games you would probably know that Tannehill has played well. But I doubt you have.

And finally, they didn't give Ireland an extension after 3 games. They did it in the offseason it is just being reported now.

7. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Miami has played weak pass defenses so far. Nothing so far this season has changed my opinion of RT. Andrew Luck proved that he can ball out with his season last year. RT hasn't proven anything yet other than he's still a mediocre QB. This year they are clearly holding Luck back and their offense has not looked that good at all so that statistical comparison is not really helpful to your point of view.

280.3 ypg, 9 TD/3 INT, 64.9% = Ryan Fitzpatrick in his 3-0 start in 2011

275.7 ypg, 4 TD/2 INT, 66.4% = Ryan Tannehill in his 3-0 start in 2013

8. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

You can argue that he needs to improve his pocket presence and he holds the ball too long at times, but aside from that I am not sure what you can point to from how he has played.

His 3rd down play has been very impressive thus far.

9. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

So bringing up a random QB that had a 3-0 start means what exactly? That you would rather do that than analyze Ryan Tannehill's play this year?

How did you characterize Fitzpatrick's play after that stretch? Using what we know now about Ryan Fitzpatrick to minimize his play in that stretch is pretty meaningless to how another QB will perform going forward unless you would like to get specific about how the 2 and how their flaws are similar.

Putting up a block of stats is laziness.

Have you watched the Dolphins games or not?

#69 BeastBeach, Sep 29, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
  10. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Well this is a huge game for the Dolphins tonight. They win this and they will start to be recognized as one of the better teams in a fairly weak AFC.

I don't think they can beat the Saints. They can't stop the run when it counts, besides playing the run (obviously small sample size) they don't do anything bad, but nothing great either.

In the Saints building they're going to have to play great offensively to beat them IMO.

If this game becomes a shootout Dolphins lose. I could be wrong, hope i'm not lol.

11. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

I think you are spot on but just know that Brees will likely get his (I think he has 8 straight games of passing for 300 yards) ... Tannehill must play an excellent game tonight in an EXTREMELY hostile environment where the Saints have won 10 primetime games in a row at least.

It will be a huge win if they can pull it off but it's going to take alot to do it. Brees has to be hit and rushed and Wake probably won't play - if he does, he's definetely not 100%

12. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

Just read looks like Wake will play which is impressive for a guy that was supposed to miss 2-3 weeks with a sprained MCL. He is a beast.

13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Not sure about the "fairly weak AFC" part.

Through four weeks, the AFC is leading the NFC in head to head matchups after yesterday:

AFC - 15
    NFC - 6

The Phins will make it 16-6 if they win tonight.

14. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Thats fair. I was just thinking off the top of my head.

It's probably not as weak as I made it out to be. I'm just use to seeing the Peyton's, Pats, Steelers, and Ravens as powerhouses.

15. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

and I was wrong ... Wake is inactive

16. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Wake's out according to ESPN.

Crazier things have happened. I wouldn't be shocked if you won. I think the Dolphins have a shot if they can run the ball and win the time of possession, and obviously get to Brees like you sad.

I don't think you want to avoid a shootout if possible.

17. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

you know i have to give it to the dollfags for taking a once completely gay uniform and completely outdoing themselves. holy shit these things are just silly looking.

18. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

I would say something along the same lines outdoing and re-inventing the buttfumble yesterday but you get the point

lol just kidding

19. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

:rofl:they really are fruity

20. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

That wasn't even close to a butt fumble, though.