The Geno Smith "Era" (Official Geno Thread) - All Geno Talk in here!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Apr 26, 2013.

1. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

We have just been through 4 years of growing pains and I cant stand the thought of any more of it - I was really hoping we were going to pick up a half decent vet in the off season - as I said, I don't want a great QB, we aren't going to get one, I just want someone that isn't (another) turnover machine.

2. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Well its obvious he's not Colin Kaepernick. What I mean by that is overrated, egotistical and butt ugly. No. I think Geno needs games like this as any rookie does. I was talking to a West Virginia fan the other day, and asked what he thought of Geno's chances? He said Smith improves him game, but VERY slowly. So give him some time.

3. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

This team would not have won much with Matt Moore or whoever at QB if it means anything....team needs 1, maybe 2 more years before reloading. We need a strong 2014 NFL Draft and stock pile on more talent. This year was going to have some bumps, so its good Geno learns while we are re-tooling.

4. Ajitator

Ajitator Well-Known Member

Can we tell Geno that he's allowed to throw the ball away...

Sprint to the sideline for a 1 yard loss?

Backpedal into the End Zone?

Behind the back?!? Behind the F'ing back?!?

What week does Sanchez come back?

5. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. Half the catches winslow made today was on the way to the ground. Not much in stride with the throws there.

6. BakerMaker

Geno on the behind the back play tried to switch to his left and throw a wobbler to the checkdown guy, Powell but the defender got him and cause the hit. It is still a silly play and its Geno trying to do way too much but I get what he was trying to do. Just wasn't smart though.

7. JetsFan

Not soon enough to save Rex's job, which is the only bright spot by having Smith at QB.

8. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

He had a rookie game, but he had bad errors...His stats were ok but he was poor with his turnovers...It needs to be fixed. Like he needs to work on the footwork but the Oline was bad and we just had too many fumbles.

Those penalties were so horrible too

9. JetsFan

Butt fumble part II, proving the sequels are worse than the original. Even Sanchez wouldn't do this crap.

10. TheGreenLantern

Not too pretty but Geno is sitting at 2-2 through the one-quarter mark of his rookie year. Things could be much worse.

11. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Can you go ride Sanchez's dick somewhere on the USC forum? It was a bad play but how do you know what Sanchez is capable of? Sanchez has been a turnover machine even after 4 years into the league

12. pdxdrew

Funny, I said his delivery sucked and people jumped all over me.

13. varjao

varjao Member

Another buttfumble, gezzzz

14. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

this
    and this, but lets not lose the most important point:

GENO SMITH PLAYED HORRIBLY AND THE LOSS WAS MOSTLY ON HIS HANDS.

his consistent dropbaaaaaaacks (because one "a" doesn't illustrate just how far back he goes) and turnovers, specifically his fumbles were just sloppy.

he's still throwing a few fantastic passes, and shows good accuracy often enough, but thats not good enough if the other stuff comes too.

I still believe that he can be our guy, the more real reps he gets the better, but I won't absolve him of his mistakes and say they're alright. they're not, he just has more time to correct him than a longer tenured player would.

can't give up on him though, not yet, but there needs to be more Buffalo's and less Tennessee's.

we're 2-2, theres an extra day, lets hope hill and holmes are good to go on monday and genos good plays aren't spoiled by penalties.

15. BakerMaker

Are you going to do this after every single bad Geno performance? Its nowhere near as bad as the buttfumble. Geno tried to switch to his other hand and throw the ball to the checkdown target but the defender disrupted it and it was a silly, unnecessary play by Geno. I still am unclear what mark was doing running to Moore like that.

16. fdcnyc

fdcnyc Active Member

JetsFan are you really a jet fan? or just a sanchez fan ? do you cheer for the team or hope Geno sucks? Not really getting it you seem to be happy about a loss

17. pdxdrew

Lets give this guy time. Most scouts were viewing this guy as a long term solution anyway. Lets face it. He wasn't a slam dunk! Geno has some rough edges. Not like the guys coming out next year.

18. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

I'm not even sure the guys next year wouldn't have days like this. if not this way maybe another, a rookie's a rookie is a rookie.

19. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

the Geno defenders are the same people who:

- believed in Sanchez, then two years after educated fans knew he sucked, got on the band wagon
    - thought Kyle Wilson is anything more than a garbage dime package player
    - called Mangini "Mangenious" before he did anything significant
    - declared David Harris as better than Vilma
    - celebrated letting Revis go
    - are convinced that Stephen Hill is "improving" and going to be a "big time threat"

Stop being homers! Follow the college game more before you declare absurd allegiances to joke players like Smith. Kid SUCKS.

20. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

at least if Geno continues to play like this he can help put is in a good position to draft one of those guys.