Fins Thread

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Axel3419, Sep 22, 2013.

1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Should be interesting to see how the Fins continue to play throughout the season. They beat 2 pretty good teams. I can't wait to play the Fins looking forward to a classic game I hope!

2. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

:beer: hope so!

I don't see us winning in New Orleans but crazier things have happened ... would love the Jet/Dolphin game at the end of the year to have playoff implications for BOTH sides. What an atmosphere that would be.

3. xeticus

xeticus Member

The biggest coaching improvement has been adjustments. Tony Sparano never adjusted the game plan at half time. If what he was trying didn't work he just kept on plugging away. Coach Philbin and company make those second half adjustments. The Dolphins haven't allowed a second half TD so far if I recall correctly.

The Dolphins are playing really well right now. Even with the turnstyle at OL. They actually have a lot of room to improve.

4. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Yep. The D could get a lot better especially if Jordan eases into the lineup more and more. I like how they have been moving him around.

Also, Mike Wallace and Tannehill still aren't exactly on the same page. A lot of times he isn't even looking at Wallace. I don't know if that is because of the progressions of certain plays or what. But on the final drive yesterday he actually seemed more comfortable going to Rishard Mathews who he played with at A&M even though Wallace appeared to be open. I think him and Wallace will get better as the season goes.

The inconsistent run game does worry me though. This could be a result of the O-line but Lamar had a poor game yesterday other than the big run. Thomas actually provided a spark later on. If we want to beat the best of the best we need to be able to have a balanced offense. The pass rush has been inconsistent too. Almost non-existent one drive and then the next unstoppable. We need to figure that out or Brees/Brady types are going to pick us apart.

#44 BeastBeach, Sep 24, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2013
  5. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Phins are 3-0, thats all they are. They have 3 wins through 3 games. Its a 3 game win streak. Last season they had a 3 game win streak to, it happened when they were 1-3 so they didnt get much attention.

I dont care that they beat the Falcons, I made it clear the Falcons were overrated and I did not put them in the playoffs. Get to 4-0 and they will have my attention. Ive seen plenty teams start 3-0 and end up no where. I saw the Cardinals start 4-0 last year and crash and burn.

6. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I am impressed by Miami, I thought they'd be a playoff contender so I am not chocked but this was interesting:

gregg rosenthal ‏@greggrosenthal 35m
    Dolphins have won 3 straight despite being out-gained each week. Last team to do that: 2012 Cardinals.

Arizona beat 2 of the best teams in the league during their 4-0 stretch to start last season so it is still early but how can you not be impressed by what Miami has done?

7. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Lmao at Soxxx and Poeman. I like how now 4 is the magic number. Explain to me exactly why that is? Plus if you saw the Cards start 4-0 and crash and burn then how does that make any sense?

I wish some of you would just say "I hate the Phins so I'm always going to minimize what they do". At least I can respect that instead of pretending to be objective but pulling things out of thin air to support your view.

I'm sure I'll get the typical responses ignoring my actual posts and claiming I think the Phins are going undefeated or some garbage like that. But the people who do that sort of thing are a joke anyways.

Hats off to the Jets fans actually willing to put their bias to the side in this thread.

The others can suck a bag of fish dicks

8. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

that's an interesting stat - the only way they are winning is due to the 41-16 scoring advantage they have in the 2nd half so far.

9. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

No Miami fan should be throwing a parade yet, but if you look at their schedule - the first 8 games seemed like 4-4 would be the ideal scenario.

To start 3-0 is great because AS IT STANDS NOW ... they should win at least 6 of their last 8

10. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Dolphin fans over at Finheaven should admit the same thing "I hate the Jets so i'm always going to minimize what they do". Goes both ways.

But to be fair your team has experienced very little success over the last 10 or so years. Unless i'm mistaken I believe you've made the playoffs once over that time and it was a scrimmage for the Ravens. That's the difference between you guys being 3-0 with people doubting whether or not your for real and a team like the Patriots being 3-0.

I think everyone agrees that the Dolphins have talent, and I think you guys are in for a good year and probably a bright future with Tannehill as your QB.

#50 kevmvp, Sep 24, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2013
  11. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

The folks over there are just like the folks here, the only difference is they wear fruity colors to support their team(not that there's anything wrong w/ that:grin:)

fans are the same everywhere

12. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

agreed on all points

13. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Dolphins fans should be excited about being 3-0. It means if you can go .500 the rest of the year you are bidding for a playoff spot. If you can go above .500 you are in the playoffs. Pretty simple.

14. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Are you going to get around to explaining why 4 wins would impress you? Why is 4 wins the magic number? Because the phins have 3?

Please do this.

15. joe

joe Well-Known Member

With 13 games to go that would have to assume a tie's in the works.

16. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

It's good to see Miami playing well, hopefully they can take a game or two away from New England.

I think the Jets are going to be right there with those two all season long, so the head-to-heads could be crucial.

17. Bob Robbins

Bob Robbins New Member

Phins look solid this year. AFCE division games will be big this year. Jets have question marks but look improved so far on both sides of the ball. Not sure what to think about Bills but EJ has shown promise. Looks like the Pats might not be able to run away with it easily like they usually do. Although I'll have to see them unseated first; can't find myself predicting it.

18. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

I have to admit, Ryan Tannehill is proven me (and a lot of others) wrong this season so far. I was never high on him, and laughed hard when the Dolphins drafted him in the top 10 last year. I thought he'd fall flat on his face this season, but he's progressed from what I see. Dolphins might have their franchise QB.

19. xeticus

xeticus Member

I was nervous about him because we have had so many mediocre quarterbacks. Dolphins have for years tried to get a QB on the cheap. Same with wide receivers. But RT is looking really, really good so far. His improvement has been outstanding. I think we do have a franchise qb.

20. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

I LOVE what I see from Tannehill but I am not going to put him in the hall of fame yet.

After Chad Henne's 1st game against the Jets on Monday Night, when he threw for 241 and 2 TDs (including the bomb to Ginn over Revis - which made me scream so loud I probably woke the neighbors lol) I was ready to crown him as "THE GUY" then ...

and that pretty much turned out to be his best game as a Dolphin