Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

I'm a stats man and I call passer rating an absolute joke of a stat.

2. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Sanchez wouldn't have done squat the way Gates and Hill played last night. In fact, it would have been much worse. His innacurate floaters wouldn't have even been close to the receivers and you would have had Pick Sixes all night long.

Jets 10 - Pats 33.

3. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

Sanchez can throw a nice deep ball...Smith was floating every deep ball tonight.

Smith needs to develop a feel for this offense and be able to hit some quick slants and timing throws. That is something Sanchez was doing really well in pre season with this offense.

4. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Here's why I don't think Sanchez would do any better. The pre-season he's being praised for has 3 really dumb turnovers in games and a ton of them in practice. In short, yeah he had his best completion percentage but he was making the same back breaking turnovers.

And that's the thing about Sanchez, you can live with 55% completion rate, you can live with 15-20 TD's, you can live with 2500 yard seasons...but you can't live with those things if your turning the ball over 20+ times every year. And here's the scary thing, the Jets have been a run first team every year of Sanchez's career and he STILL manages to be a consistent 20+ interceptions and 10+ fumbles.

Do you really thing that on a team that suddenly is throwing 75% of the time that the interceptions and fumbles are going to go down?

5. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Everyone supporting Sanchez, the WRs weren't there, the OL wasn't there, and RBs weren't there. Weren't those the reasons Sanchez sucked last year? What changed from this year to last year that Sanchez is now lighting it up if those same problems are here this year?

Again, the worst part of Sanchez is that we have NO idea what Sanchez we get from game to game drive. Instead of throwing 3 picks, Sanchez might have thrown 1 and fumbled twice. Maybe he protects the ball? Maybe he gets frustrated with his WRs and throws even more picks. The thing is with Sanchez is that he's really inconsistent so there's no way to know what type of game you are getting from him. Odds say he's throwing up a clunker because with a similar lack of talent last year, that's all he basically did last year. So again if people said the talent is why SAnchez struggled last year, what changed that Sanchez is magicially going to lead us to victory when the talent still isn''t there?

Kerley would have been the difference today.

6. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

He had two interceptions, but he also led the offense to 37 pts. He bounced back after those interceptions and put togther some really nice drives.

The dropped snap was with the second/third team offensive line before he got killed.

7. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Yeah.. I really would have loved to see a Pick 6 or a buttfumble last night.

8. namath4ever

namath4ever Member

As a rookie in NE he threw 5 picks and we lost by 17

9. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I don't think there is any doubt we'd be 2-0 w/ him but he's hurt and we are trying to develop another young QB. He looked very good through 3 and melted down in the 4th, a learning experience.

10. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I have every doubt we'd be 2-0 with Mark. Since when has he proven he can move the team and not turn over the ball. Last two years not many points and plenty of turnovers. The Jets have to go in a different direction. The Sanchez fans will never give it up. Always someone else's fault never Mark.

11. nyjunc

2 years ago we were I think 12th in pts so the one year we were awful in pts and TOs was last year when he had no help. we don't exactly have the Manning Colts/Broncos weapons but what we have now is so much better than what we had a year ago. We'd be 2-0 w/ 2 comfortable wins.

Mark is hurt and I am supporting Geno. He'll get better, it is kind of pointless to discuss something that can't happen right now.

12. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Agree...to a point.

I was miffed at some of the play calls last night. Nobody was catching the ball.

Can anybody tell me what Gates brings to the team?

13. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I don't understand the loyalty to a Qb who has the worst QBR in the NFL over the past four years (his entire career). Don't you want to do better than that. At best Mark is ok as a game manager in a ground and pound. The Jets biggest mistake with him was allowing him to be a regular passing Qb and we all saw what happened. Not the fault of the playmakers either. Even in pre-season this year a pick 6 and big problems in the red zone.

14. impure

impure Well-Known Member

Only thing i can say is with the protection the Oline gave Geno last night....Sanchez would have torn the Pats a new one.

15. nyjunc

I don't get Gates at all, he's either hurt or dropping passes but he is fast!

16. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

No. He would ended up making some bad decisions all his own and lost the game in his own unique way.

17. nyjunc

2009-2012 we lost to NE 6 times, one of those the primary culprit was Mark.

18. Ajitator

Ajitator Well-Known Member

Say what you want about Mark but he's never had a melt down in the 4th quarter of a game like Geno did with the game on the line. The defense gave him chance after chance and he continued to give the ball away. The final 4 possessions were INT, punt, INT, INT, and as much as you can say the WRs were not helping 2 of those picks were 100% his fault. 1 Gate *could* have broken on.

Sanchez in his entire career has only thrown 12 ints ( 8 TDs ) when within 7 points in the 4th quarter in his entire career. Geno matched that per year output in one game.

19. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Please. The Jets lost a game when they had over 300 yards rushing in his rookie year because he threw INT after INT including one in OT to setup the Bills winning FG.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009101811/2009/REG6/bills@jets

20. Ajitator

Ajitator Well-Known Member

Please yourself, Sanchez got us to overtime, Then got us down the field in OT and Weatherford fumbled the game winning field goal snap. Geno never even gave us a shot last night.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.