Jets Will Beat Pats Thursday....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TurkJetFan, Sep 9, 2013.

1. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

2. Jets Esq.

Jets Esq. Guest

Huh? Tampa Bay is actually a pretty good team- the only reason people are down on them right now is because the Jets beat them, and everyone wants to keep with their narrative that the Jets are a bottom 2 or 3 team, and therefore they just drop the Bucs down with the Raiders.

The Eagles' offense was good, but Vick was limping and was clearly playing hurt in the second half. I would be shocked if he doesn't have one of his annual injuries by Week 4. Shocked. Then they'll have to see how far Nick Fails can take the team.

You just can't compare Vick to Brady- they are as different as two QBs get. Vick is a scrambling QB who can also make throws, but gets injured every year and misses 4+ games a season. He already looks like he's playing hurt, to be honest. Brady is the opposite of Vick, he is a pure pocket passer, not very mobile, and seldom leaves the pocket. He has a fast release and is extremely accurate; that's his deal, that's what he does. The Eagles and Patriots are both running a lot of plays, but that doesn't mean that their QBs are similar.

At the moment, Brady's main targets are not available. The Jets' defense is good, and that gives them a real chance as long as the turnovers are limited. The score is not going to be 35-0 at the half, and the Jets aren't going to get shut out.

I know the Buttfumble was a traumatic thing last year, but Sanchez isn't playing, and we have a better OC who should be able to prevent the massive communications problems on offense. Last year's second Jets-Patriots game was such a blowout because the Jets offense was supremely incompetent that game, and in many others, fumbling like crazy. I have hope that this game will be different, and I while I don't see Geno being turnover-free I don't see him having more than 1 turnover this game. Ridley may fumble again, Brady may throw an interception with enough pressure - I think the Jets have a very real chance to win this game.

Heck, even Mehta said on his Twitter account that he is leaning towards favoring the Jets to win the game. Manish Mehta said that.

3. Barcs

Barcs Banned

How often does a team start 2-0 and end up 4-12? The only example I can think of is the Eagles last year. I know it's possible but it's highly unlikely. A win is a win is a win, and it would put us in first place depending on how the Dolphins do.

#223 Barcs, Sep 11, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
  4. Joeyd223

Joeyd223 New Member

The jets will win thursday when pigs fly.

5. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Not very often and you bet a win is a win!!

Look...not a single media person will admit it but that Jets defense opened some EYES on Sunday. You'll never hear anyone say anything other than we are going to be in the bottom 2 or 3...the Jets hate runs that deep.

Thing is...they STILL play the game. At the end of the day we are an 8-8 to 10-6 team...Period...ESPECIALLY with this defense. May be overly optimistic but I'd like someone to go down the schedule and show me, after what they've seen so far, any game outside one or two that we can't win.

6. mezzavo

I saw a pig fly....it was on TV!! He was paying his bill with his Geico App.

7. Joeyd223

Joeyd223 New Member

There we go than, we have our answer, gamblers should now know who to bet on!!

8. mezzavo

LOL!!!!! Love those commercials! Nice to bring a little levity to the boards. :metal::drunk: