2013 Week 2 - New York Jets @ New England Patriots Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soxxx, Sep 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

2. 4jetfans

4jetfans Well-Known Member

I just hope Geno can execute in a hostile environment, Hopping Rex had them practicing with the loud speakers on for this game.

3. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

"the Patriots have scheduled just a walk-through for today, meaning there won’t be a full practice session prior to Thursday’s game."

BB may be right in resting his crew. I was thinking the same thing about this shortened week.

Sometimes I think it's more prudent for your players to get some rest and heal up a little, especially coming off of a pretty physical game and only 4 days 'till the next VERY physical game.

4. n3putts

n3putts Member

I know its college but Geno threw 4td's in beating Texas last year in front of the largest crowd ever in the history of Texas football....101,851.

Jets beat the Pats on Thursday! Mark it Down!!:metal::metal::metal:

As I said before the Jets will be praised in the media for picking Geno as the year progresses....

5. JetDynasty

JetDynasty Active Member

Danny amendola likely to miss Thursdays game a per PFT....

Still considering their injuries our secondary was very suspect in week 1...and I hope geno can put together the same effort this week..we all know Belicheck will give him confusing looks...not having kerley is going to kill us this week

6. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

Brady does not seem happy that they wont be practicing for the Jets.

Burn

7. BookEndTackles 72&79

The time to play a Thursday night game is now rather than later in the season when the grind sets in. I hope they play their Thursday game in Week 2 every year since the league has now mandated every team must play one Thursday night game a season. Guys have had all camp to prepare for two games in 5 days. No one played in the 4th game of pre-season so guys should be pretty fresh right now. Jets need to physically outplay these guys on the LOS to have a chance. With the lack of contact in camp and with very few practices in pads anymore this would be the time frame to get some consistent hitting in and try to maintain a physical edge during a short week as they will have enough rest afterwards..

8. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Rich Cimini
    WR Ben Obomanu is back, a sign Kerley is out. #Jets

That sucks. Not surprising but hopefully it's not a long term thing.

9. tooooon

tooooon Active Member

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports Danny Amendola (groin) is "almost certain" to miss Thursday night's game against the Jets.

10. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Call me optimistic but I am now 100% confident that we are taking this game thursday. I had already made it clear that I thought we actually had a better shot to beat the Patriots than the Bucs, and now that we actually did beat the Bucs and with the string of Patriots injuries I feel very confident. The defense is going to dominate Brady, our front 4 pass rush looked very good last game and will get to Brady.

I think we could see the best defensive game since the first time Rex played the Patriots. We are going to hold them UNDER 14 points.

11. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Obomanu was decent in preseason good signing right there. I hope the Jets win this game.

Here are my keys to victory.

Offense

1. The oline MUST protect Geno better than they did in week 1.
    2. The run game must be better. I want to see at least 30-32 runs with Ivory and Powell each splitting for 15 carries each. For a total of 90 yards between the two.
    3. Geno having an efficient game with him spreading the ball around to our receivers. Hopefully he doesn't turn the ball over.
    4. Control the time of possession and keep Brady off the field.

Defense

1. Bottle up what the front 7 did against the Bucs x2.
    2. The DB's has to do a better job and not give up those big yards.

12. laxin

laxin Active Member

The Pats defense was actually pretty solid vs the Bills. I hope we can move the ball down field better than they did. Id like to see Geno test the Pats secondary deep this guy on a few throws- If Denard is covering Hill, send him deep and just try and see if Hill can come down with it (Hill is faster and 6 inches taller).

Kerley being out could be a huge detriment. Holmes needs to play a bigger part in this game, along with the TEs. That throw to Cumberland where he got lit up was probably Geno's best throw of the day. Winslow needs to keep his success rolling.

Also wouldnt mind a sprinkle of read option thrown in- anything to help us win the game.

13. laxin

laxin Active Member

Im a little nervous with our CBs. The only route the Bucs WRs had success with were slants. Thats it. We all know the Pats love those type of quick routes. Our CBs need to press them at the LOS and disrupt their timing.

I could see something like-

Cro on Thompkins/Dobson
    Wilson on Ammendola with help
    Milliner on Edleman

I think Cro and Milliner can win their matchups overall, and hopefully with help from either a safety or LB, Wilson can limit a hobbled Ammendola. We'll see though, maybe Rex switches this up a lot, and maybe he uses Trufant on Edleman like he did on Welker.

14. bucknasty

bucknasty Member

With Kerley out I wonder if we will run a couple two TE sets, both those guys got great hands

15. laxin

laxin Active Member

Wow, that would be huge. I dont care how we win, just if we do... Brady's top receiving options would be Edleman and a rookie Thompkins. They are going to have to heavily rely on the run (without Vareen), and I think we can limit Ridley with "The Snack Exchange".

If there ever was a time to beat the Pats, its now. Our offense needs to step up here.

16. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I assume Cro will be better this week, and I expect Brady to test Milliner. Hopefully Rex has an answer for their hurry up offense.

17. bucknasty

bucknasty Member

I think we will see a lot of rotation with Wilson, Walls, and Trufant. Trufant and Walls played great in the PS

18. jessedark

jessedark Active Member

I can see NE doing alot of no huddle to get the defense caught out of position. They have done that in the past to cause us to burn a timeout or worst.

19. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

20. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

They can try it but realistically it won't work. They have to many young players that probably have not learned the system as well as the veterans. Considering the Patriots arent even practicing this week, it will be hard for them to prepare for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.