2013 Week 2 - New York Jets @ New England Patriots Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soxxx, Sep 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Yeah I read that it was Rodgers.

2. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I heard he also went through the names of all Cromartie's children without hesitation.

3. Bucsfan x

Bucsfan x New Member

Hey all,

Bucs fan here. I was gonna post in the Week 1 thread but that's locked.

I flew up for the game and got back today and just wanted to say how awesome of a time I had at Metlife. I was one of the guys wearing a red Revis jersey. I thought I'd get some crap with the rep that Jet fans have but I didn't feel threatened at all, and besides some friendly heckling in the parking lot and one drunk loudmouth coming out of the stadium, everyone was great. I got far more positive feedback for my jersey than negative.

I feel kinda bad that Jet fans get a negative rep sometimes. You guys are awesome and really fun. Also, I think you guys will be OK with Geno. You should keep starting him this year and let him develop and dump Sanchise...

Good luck this year and because of how much fun I had, I have an AFC team to cheer for in the Jets.

4. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

Not that I disagree with you but you think it was intentional? Personally I would have preferred they err on the side of caution and give TBo and Spadola more playing time rather than take a chance on one game. Just my opinion but I am with you on the fine if its intentional.

Aww, no Ugg commercials for Geno?

5. fozzi58

Glad you had a good experience. Unfortunately there is always a few bad apples in every group - I'm glad you didn't run into us...errr....them. :drunk:

Good luck with the rest of the season and hopefully your stout defense will take out some key players on ATL & NO before we play them (but after the Pats play them).

Have a drink for us at Ybor City.

6. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

:rofl2: :rofl2:

7. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

why watch a guy you wont throw at :grin:

8. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Rodgers is Geno's ceiling if he puts it all together

mobile, throw on the run, similar size and arm strength

9. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Dont even go there right now man

10. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Damn the green Kool Aid

11. laxin

laxin Active Member

Haha, at this rate Ill be happy with a QB in the 10-12 range. Thats about a franchise QB. Anything higher is phenomenal, but in Jets land we know how hard it is for that to be achieved and how easy it is for a QB to fail :sad:

I know its thinking ahead, but Im hoping this offseason Geno can put on 10-12 pounds of muscle while maintaing his speed. He's not a small guy, but with defenders looking to hit these mobile QBs, I cant help but cringe every time he gets hit. RG3 size would be ideal- 10 pounds would put him there. One trait that you have to love is that he seems to protect his body (a hell of a lot better than Sanchez).

Also, as much as I love his ability to pick up some yards on the ground, I just hope our OL doesnt make him shy away from being a pocket passer and get jumpy in the pocket. Im thinking our OL should be better and that Tampa's DL is just very good.

12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Thank you for posting this, and good luck to the Bucs.

Your team had an impressive run defense last year and the addition of Revis and Goldson gives them a lot of freedom to blitz. I really won't be surprised to see them ranked first overall in many categories.

Couple that with the great receivers and RB, and I think your team will be contending for the division.

I'm still scratching my head about how the Jets won.

Again, thanks for this post. I'm glad you had a good time.

13. abyzmul

Ybor! I saw many a great metal show there a decade ago.

14. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

i dont see how that is impressive. most fans can name the opposing starters or close to it for the other 3 teams in their division. i can name all the pats starters, hell i can name 80% of their roster and i didnt spend hours in film session

15. abyzmul

If they put him back on the field and then find out he has a concussion less than 24 hours later, they aren't being careful enough. In my mind, that deserves a fine.

16. abyzmul

This is probably the only post of yours I have agreed with. It's not impressive to know the names of all of the starters on the defense of your biggest rival.

It's just not.

17. fozzi58

Sounds like a fair enough assessment. I'm pretty sure the league will send someone to sniff it out if they suspect foul play.

Off Topic: My grandparents had time share on Treasure island just outside of Tampa on the coast. Went my GF for the week back in '96? '97? or something. I ended up catching Overkill at one of the bars over in YBor. The only other time i saw them was at L'Amors in NYC back in 89.

18. RIPJimLeonhard

RIPJimLeonhard Well-Known Member

There's a difference between knowing your rivals, and KNOWING your rivals. I'm not impressed with his ability name all the Pats starting defensive players, he can impress me Thursday by destroying them.

19. abyzmul

Kick ass. Ybor is the heart of the American death metal scene.

20. laxin

laxin Active Member

Here's the original quote:

Now, I understand many fans on this forum can rattle off all of the Pats starters, but this is a pretty detailed response to a simple question. It comes off like he knows what he's talking about, and like he's seen a good amount of their defense- which could be a good thing on a short week. I think its pretty impressive for a rookie. Ryan Tannehill didnt even know who was in the AFCE. How many times have we seen Rex stumble to come up with names on his own team?

It just sounds and seems like he loves football.

Maybe Im reading too much into it or drinking the kool-aid... but after hearing all the BS about him not studying Revis, Im going to take this as a positive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.