2013 Week 2 - New York Jets @ New England Patriots Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soxxx, Sep 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

2 first downs and the Bills beat them

2. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

This is actually a perfect scenario for us. Patriots managed to beat the Bills so it isn't a "must win" game for them, but they did so in an unimpressive manner. They are coming into this game weakened (hopefully without Gronk) and Tom Brady was definitely shook up throughout because of the pass rush. As long as we can match the pass rush by the Pats, we have a (miniscule) shot. Also, Geno is gonna be more confident than ever.

3. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

Any news on a return of Quinton Coples? If he can play, it would be monumental.

4. strngplyr

strngplyr Well-Known Member

14 of Buffalo's points were handed to them. Ridley fumbled without being touched (and was benched for the rest of the game) and Gregory decided to have amnesia and instead of picking up his guy just stood still (Talib was supposed to hand off the coverage, Gregory just never picked it up), resulting in the wide open Woods TD.

They had one successful drive, which was the opening of the 3rd quarter, other than that Buffalo didn't move the ball with any sustained success.

I'm not saying the Defense is the best in the NFL or anything similar, but to say they can't stop a nose bleed when the Bills went 4 of 13 on 3rd down with 150 passing yards is just silly. The Jets are probably just as potent in the passing game and they lack CJ Spiller or Fred Jackson on the ground to run like Buffalo did.

#24 strngplyr, Sep 8, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
  5. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

We need to put up points plain and simple. The defense will have their fair share of pressure on the QB, but we can't rely on the defense to constantly get stops. We need to control the clock and hopefully the run game shows up in week 2. I wanna see Geno take at least 1 or 2 deep shots down the field.

So the keys for victory, is to keep Brady off the field. Control T.O.P, play smart efficient football on offense, a nice mixture of run and pass. The defense getting off the field on 3rd down, and getting pressure on Brady like they did today against the Bucs.

6. Braylon4ever

Braylon4ever Active Member

Puck the Fatriots!!!

Let's go jets!!!

#26 Braylon4ever, Sep 8, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
  7. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Coples being back would be huge for us. We took them to OT last yr in Foxboro, we have a shot. Could make a big statement.

8. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I bet the Jets score more points or fewer points than the Pats when the game is over.

Ballsy prediction Armand. :grin:

9. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

I hate these games against those assholes. We always say "they barely won, but we won" etc etc and we go up there and shit the bed.

10. allan1

allan1 Active Member

Jets/Patriots play to a 21-21 tie

11. Braylon4ever

Braylon4ever Active Member

Jets should re-sign Braylon just so we can use him to drag two defenders into the endzone for a TD.

12. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

lol, I'm just saying it's going to be a close one. The second game, we'll forget how to play football...better to get one now

13. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

If the defense can get into Bradys face........... well we know.

That would be awesome.

14. 4jetfans

4jetfans Well-Known Member

Well if you would have asked me before the season if I would take going to NE and playing the Pats at 1 - 0. I would have had a huge smile on my face. So there could be a possibility that we could be 2 - 0. Heck it could happen. Plus I am glad the Pats beat the Bill cause they Never loss two in a row. So we have that going for us.

15. Jet Pac

Jet Pac New Member

Perfect time to play the Pats.

1. Geno got his feet wet with the win yesterday. Feeling more comfortable and confident.
    2. Not too much NFL tape on Geno obviously.
    3. We saw the Bills compete with them so should be confident..
    4. No Gronk.
    5. New pieces. Pats offense still trying to find themselves.
    6. Pats got the win yesterday. (They rarely lose back to back)

With that said obviously going to be a tough game.

16. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Make the Patriots one dimensional we can't let them run the rock. Will Gronk be back then?

17. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

The Jets need to adopt this "whatever it takes to win" mentality every game.

The Jets should (and need to) be able to create pressure with the defensive line to win.

18. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

Agreed. If the Jets are going to beat the Patriots, this may be their best chance.

While the Patriots young WRs might prove out in the long run, right now they are not there yet. The timing between them and Brady was pretty bad yesterday.

So right now his main targets are Amendola, Edelman and Vereen. All good enough players but no one the Jets can't cover. Plus Amendola and Edelman are injury prone.

If the Jet's D can put pressure on Brady like Buffalo did as a result that will help the Jets a lot.

I think the Patriots D had some communication problems too but I think are still better then last year. That said I think the Jets will score and keep it close.

The bad news for the Jets? Steven Ridley ain't getting near the ball. Two fumbles, one returned 74 yards for a TD? No way. The Patriots have plenty of running backs who they'll play before Ridley.

Ready for some football? :)

#38 PatsFan2003, Sep 9, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
  19. GangGreenFan1984

GangGreenFan1984 New Member

It's going to be a tough game, or at least against a team like the pats you can expect it to be. We have good momentum from week 1 and I'm confident that Gino is our best bet to get it done.

20. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Can we do this to Brady?

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.