Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4jetfans

4jetfans Well-Known Member

Geno is in and Mark is out -- Please close this thread now.

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

The funny thing is I though his game was very Sanchez like. Some bad plays early, made plays late.

3. Jet Pac

Jet Pac New Member

There's no need to make this about Mark.

We got the win yesterday. Enjoy it fellas.

4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

System does matter but Mark cannot handle the pass rush like Geno did. One hit and he implodes and plays like shit.

This has happened time and time again.

Mark is done here Hobbes, it's over.

5. nyjunc

That's completely untrue, Mark has taken a beating for 4 years. Geno did well yesterday but our pass blocking was pretty damn good most of the day against what should be a pretty good D.

6. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

I gave Geno credit, but stop trolling, like it was an amazing performance.

Be honest.

Without a shitload of drive sustaining penalties, we dont win yesterday.

The offense managed 13 points, (the safety, and last penalty excepted), and we gave them an easy 7. Geno played well enough to win.

But 6 net points, isnt going to win many games

Now, do I expect Geno to get better. Of course.

But you guys all rushed here to bash the injured guy, and fwiw, he completed north of 66 pct, in the preseason, and put up 30 on Detroit, a defense that mirrors the one we played yesterday.

Geno, did all of the same things yesterday he did against the Giants, staring down primary recievers, holding on to the ball too long, etc. but...as I said, he's had a total of about a hundred snaps, so you have to cut him slack.

Thats the difference between you guys that are now Geno fans.

You refuse to see anything except hes not Sanchez, despite the fact that they werent close in the Preseason, and...in one of the more glaring instances yesterday...they can rely a little more on Sanchez to call time out on his own.

Look we won, but the win had as much to do with Tampa Bay as it did QB play.

Be honest.

7. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Geno took 5 sacks Yesterday. They did him no favors...i thought they would have been better off in Max protect, becaise he was forced to run too much, and while all his fans will point to that as a positive...do you really want Matt Simms starting against NE?

I thought they left the kid way toO exposed against that front, and didnt call enough screens early in that game.

Imo, had they emphasized the screen game earlier, he probably puts up more points, and doesnt get hit as much.

8. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Last time I saw Mark take a beating without going to shit was sometime before the Tebow game when Von Miller sacked him to hell.

It's obvious wherever it's Jason Babin, someone from the Steelers or a big hit in general he's imploded and ended up regressing even further down.

He can no longer take hits. He can't take anymore.

The offensive line was average at best. It wasn't spectacular. We still saw Geno run with the football and we saw plenty of missed assignments. He still managed to complete 63% of his passes.

As the game progressed the CS seemed to trust Geno more and more and it led to over 40 drop backs in his first game.

9. nyjunc

he dropped back that many times b/c he had to. I am not sure it was out of comfort of the fact that we were behind late and couldn't run anyway.

10. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Having MM as your OC as a rookie QB is a tremendous bonus.

11. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Geno's game was the complete opposite of being Sanchez-like and I'll tell you why:

1) Besides the one that sailed high, his passes were crisp, decisive and accurate.
    2) I don't remember one pass that required the receiver to become a contortionist. His execution was far from Sanchez-like.
    3) He actually threw the ball away when there was nothing doing.
    4) His pocket presence was outstanding for a rookie. No panicking, no Chinese Firedrills. No ill-advised shovel passes to no one. Excellent ball security.
    5) His overall read was remarkable for a rookie as he took whatever the Bucs opened up for him. Improvised passes to Winslow come to mind.
    6) His awareness was so keen in taking what they gave him that when a running lane opened itself up, he decisively seized the opportunity immediately instead of farting around in the pocket until it collapses.

There is no comparison between watching 5-year Sanchez and zero-year Smith.

12. nyjunc

he threw an INT and fumbled inside the Jets 10, how as his ball security excellent?

I will agree he threw it away, you can tell that was drilled into his head but overall w/ poor play early, making plays late watching rhe D blow a late leaf- it was very sanchez like. I believe if we had Mark yesterday we cruise to a win but I don't want to take the focus off a good opening start for Geno.

13. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I blame Geno more for the INT than the fumble, that protection near our end zone was bad.

Good thing he was fantastic in the second half with ball protection and no turnovers. That was indeed a great thing.

14. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

did you see Gino's screen passes?!? a sight of pure beauty.

15. nyjunc

he needs to be aware in that situation, much like he wasn't against the Giants on the safety but hopefully that will come.

Overall I was very happy w his performance against a good defense. if he can limit TOs we are going to have a chance to surprise some people.

16. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I am noticing he doesnt let the bad plays phase him...The confidence meter of Sanchez so up/down, there is no guarantee he will be effective after throwing an INT. Geno, let it go and honestly he followed the gameplan

17. nyjunc

That is a great quality to have especially around here.

18. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

there is nothing to rebound. OF COURSE this offense cant put points on the board. we are average or awful at every offensive position. our backs stink, or o-line cant block, our qbs are average at best our wideouts are average at best and we dont really have game breakers.

the difference will come down to wether or not geno can limit turnovers 3 and outs unlike sanchez. if he cant, we are still screwed.

yestarday was 1 game. so far so good. if he can limit turnovers, stay at 60% or better, and get 3-4 first downs a game with his legs, we will stay in games. if not we will suck just like with mark

19. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

yes it was very Sanchez like, and that's the point. Geno is a rookie making some rookie mistakes. Sanchez isn't a rookie and still making rookie mistakes.

When Sanchez was a rookie and hell even in to his 3rd season, he was cut slack for learning the game. The problem is that Sanchez never evolved past that point, he remained the same player.

Geno got off to an acceptable start for a first start rookie. He showed he has the physical talent and tools, and he showed that he brings some things to the table that Sanchez doesn't.

However, the question is now as the season progresses does Geno begin to evolve. Geno won't have as wide of a leash as Sanchez had because Geno was a 4 year starter in college where as Sanchez was a raw 1 year starter coming out of college. If Geno is still playing this way at the end of the season and not showing progression and growth the team will likely move on from him next season IF a truly viable option is available either in trade or via the draft.

And that's the question at this point, Does Geno grow and develop as he plays or does he do like Sanchez and plateau? Only time will tell and unfortunately it's the one thing you can not predict. You can look at the tools of players and say the potential for improvement is there, but the reality is the majority of players plateau quickly and to date I've never seen a sure fire method to determine who will and who will not reach higher levels of their physical limits.

But yesterday was a good test for the kid, the Buc's pressured him and hit him and flushed him repeatedly and he held his ground. It's an encouraging starting point, a good first brick in to the foundation of his career, now he needs to build and progress off of it.

20. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Junc: The Ultimate Question

Okay Junc. I've been thinking about this all day. And I am picking you to answer this one question for me. It's hypothetical, but I'm really interested in your answer.

And I want you to think about it and give it careful consideration. And of course, I know you'll be honest.

So, here is goes:

If suddenly tomorrow morning, Mark Sanchez were 100% ready to go...

Who do you start Thursday night? Geno or Mark?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.