Geno's game 1 performance

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Noam, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

I dont see any other team paying him starter money so it could work

2. chris5533

chris5533 Well-Known Member

While I don't hate sanchez.. I didn't think he looks as comfortable as Geno did today in his first few starts. I'm shocked by what I saw today out of smith. While he's definetly going to have hiccups through out the season. His read the field well, took sacks and played very smart. Sanchez never had a game where I felt really comfortable watching him. He always seems anxious.

I been all over this board talking shit that smith would suck. His performance today while not outstanding changed my opinion on that. I was more annoyed when they use the wildcat. He's comfortable standing in the pocket. Something sanchez isn't comfortable doing. I think you saw the difference today. He didn't panic, he didn't force a pass. He waited that extra second mark won't to allow a receiver to get open.

Sanchez in all the wins and good performances he's had. Never looked as relaxed as Geno did today. In my opinion.

3. cval

cval Well-Known Member

His performance today was of a rookie. MM protected him and called very good game. He did not make huge mistakes and look good for a rookie but are offensive was not very good and scoring 16 points is not going to cut it against the pats.

4. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

yeah next year his money isn't guaranteed so just restructure his deal we get the cap relief and a solid back up if anything happens to Geno

Mark isn't bad but he's just not great but we cant risk not having someone to step in, just in case Geno goes down

Also keeping our chemistry would be great

5. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

Another Sanchez troll....go crawl back to the "Sanchez Sucks" thread and don't pollute the rest of the forum with your nonsense.

6. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

No way we could ever beat the Pats with a rookie QB scoring only 16 points.

[YOUTUBE]lgjb4tntRa4[/YOUTUBE]

7. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

No Way Sanchez settles as a backup on the Jets, especially with a paycut. He'll go somewhere else where he feels he can get a chance at starting.

8. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

He would be a great backup QB. He has experience and can step in and win you a game if necessary.

No team will bring him in to even compete for a job. Not even the Raiders or Jags.

9. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Bullshit.

Mark is still young and has a lot of talent.

The league knows he was mismanaged here and if given the chance a team will build him up and will give him the starting role.

Bookmark it: when sanchez leaves he will be a better qb and will bite the jets chad Pennington style. He will start again in the future.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

10. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

I think Sanchez goes to GB on a 1-2 year deal and resets/restarts his career there before getting a starting opportunity again

11. The 1985er

IDK what league you're talking about, but Sanchez is seen as a joke around NFL circles. Sanchez will be given a job as a backup, and at best he will be a stopgap while a team grooms a young QB. That's the reality.

12. mute

mute Well-Known Member

You are the last person to be calling anybody a troll. Also, how was that poster trolling???

13. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

He was under pressure all game long and kept his poise. He completed over 60% of his passes which is a rarity for a Jets QB over the past 4 years. The key was the plays he made with his legs. Sanchez rarely knew when or was not willing to run . Smith's ability to run eventually led to the win. The play calling didn't help at times. Too many gimmick calls for me, too much wildcat, and not enough Ivory on 3rd and short. When you consider the Jets had no running game at all, Smith's performance is more impressive.

14. rico college

rico college Well-Known Member

I thought for a rookie's first game in the NFL, he played great. I am sure he will have horrible games this year and I am okay with that.

I wonder what that closet loving jets fan swami will have to say about this performance.

15. mute

mute Well-Known Member

The reality is that this is the only place that believes sanchez cant play football and that its impossible fir him to start ever again base on his mismanagement with the jets. That is bs and time will prove me right..

16. The 1985er

I highly doubt the Jags would want Sanchez, they have QB's on their roster that are no better or worse than Sanchez, so what's the point in bringing in another mediocre QB? They'll probably draft a QB in 2014.

The Raiders have groomed Terrell Pryor for 2 years and he's a guy they're seeing what they have in. So far he looks decent, if he has a decent/good season they probably go forward with Pryor who has more upside than Sanchez. If Pryor bombs they'll be in a position to draft Bridgewater or Manzel.

17. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Learn football. Geno was protected this game with a very conservative game plan and a lot of shot gun. Geno played well for his first NFL game nothing spectacular he has a long way to go so we can open up the whole playbook. We got lucky today.

Marty is night and day a better coordinator than we have had in a long time. The defense won this game for us.

Genus scrambling was nice and made a few key first downs. We need to find a way to score more points to have a successful season.

But lets be real the Pats, Steelers and Baltimore are not as near as good as last year. The jets get the offense figured out they can make a run at the playoffs

18. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

He might get a starter job somewhere but if he does he isn't going to some high end team. Maybe Jax or Raiders or some crap hole like that. Considering Sanchez apologists always point out he has trouble here due to a poor supporting cast, well, he isn't exactly bumping off Rodgers, Brees or Flacco. Even guys like Romo, Cutler and Alex Smith. I mean, who does he bump off for an opening spot? Carson Palmer? Gabbart? Weedon?

Seriously, I'm asking. Where do you feel he is going to go to, take over a starting role and make us regret it?

19. laxin

laxin Active Member

Funny that the few Sanchez apologists are the only ones saying Geno "played like a rookie".

Cval and mute specifically. As much as Hobbes defends Sanchez (seemingly stupidly), Im pretty sure he would at least admit Geno played very well.

Bottom line- if Sanchez was in today, we lose in horrible fashion. Im talking about 28-6 type loss. Sanchez would have been eaten alive by TB's defense.

20. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Our running game was stuffed because thats what Tampa planned to do, take away our running game by stacking the box and make Geno, the rookie, beat them through the air. Many of Tampa's blitzes were actually run blitzes. Marty called a ton of screens for a reason.

After watching Geno make a lot of really good laser throws, next Thursday night NE will probably back off some and send more safeties/linebackers into coverage. This will add a better running game for the jets, take away Genos short throwing lanes, and open up his deep game. Marty will call fewer screens but a few more wild cats (the WC works a lot better when your only trying to fool one LB, not 5 guys stacking the box).

We'll see a different kind of game next week, and hopefully Geno can perform just as well.

Next week will be a completely different game.