We will be 2-0 a week from tonight

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soxxx, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Capt. Ace Nick

I will be more excited than a puppy with two peters.

2. vedmedv

vedmedv Member

Hope - reality.....not always the same.
    I will take 1-1 right now. 2-0 will be like winning the afc championship.4-0.....rex keeps his job.

3. Barcs

Barcs Banned

It's not exactly unrealistic. The Bucs have looked terrible on offense thus far. Our defense should keep them in check for the most part, although I expect Doug Martin to pull a few big runs. This will be Revis' first game back so he probably will not be 100%. If we can exploit the other corners and safeties we'll be just fine. We can definitely win. I'm thinking 28-17 Jets, provided we don't let them run all over us.

For the Patriots, they will most likely have no Gronk. With Hernandez gone, and a bunch of unproven receivers it's a double whammy for them. They don't have any other tight ends near Gronk / Hernandez level, so it will not be easy for them. Yeah they can count on Tom Brady, but I'm confident that Wilkerson will be paying him at least one visit. I'm going to say Jets take it 30-24. We should have beat them last year on the road, but we were an INT drop and a pass drop away from that.

This would be the perfect way to start the season. I'm so tired of all the media and Jets "fans" that claim this team is one of the worst in the league and will only win 3 games, etc etc. It's laughably wrong, and this will turn the media upside down. It's going to be hilarious if this does indeed happen.

4. 74

74 Well-Known Member

dammit Barcs, stop getting my hopes up

5. WhySoSerious488

WhySoSerious488 Well-Known Member

Also, even if the Jets start 2-0, that doesn't mean the majority of NFL writers that are picking an 0-2 start for us were wrong or foolish. Granted, our beat writers suck (ahem, Cimini, Mehta), but if I covered the league nationally, like someone like a Peter King or Don Banks or John Clayton or whoever, I certainly would pick the Jets to start 0-2 based on their roster and the matchups.

Nobody had Baltimore winning the SB heading into the playoffs, does that mean everyone who watches football and follows the sport is a moron? You play the odds when you make predictions based off of a team's roster and how it is expected to play. Right now, objectively, the Jets are expected to be slightly worse than the Bucs and significantly worse than the Pats. Why would any media go out on a limb for the Jets if they aren't Jet fans?

6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

0-2 by Thursday. Maybe* 1-1 if they can run the ball Sunday. I expect a close loss to TB and a blowout loss in NE. they don't stand a chance in that one.

7. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I honestly believe that the 2-4 total wins/#1 over pick scenario is foolish and those that predict it will appear foolish when all is said and done. The main reason people keep saying that is because the offense looked bad last year and because of the infamous buttfumble. It's just the popular belief based on our prime time game disasters last year. I bet most of the guys who predicted it couldn't name more than half the roster on the team, and haven't even come close to watching every game. I do not think it's possible for a team with a top 5 D to lose that many games. Of course 99% of it depends on offensive turnovers. I can't see us having a WORSE TO year than last year. I don't think Geno or Sanchez could do it if they tried. It was rock bottom, and now we're climbing out of the ashes. Even if we just kick FGs and punt the ball all year, and the QBs do next to nothing, it will be better than last year.

Also I know people were riding Denver's crotch, but I saw at least a few that predicted the Ravens. They are a playoff threat every year, no reason to think otherwise. This year's team is much different, however. They are transitioning from a defense dominated team to an offense dominated team and wow they looked awful yesterday.

#67 Barcs, Sep 6, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2013
  8. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Jets r def winning on Sunday,Get out ur Spadola and Clyde Gates Jerseys ,wait do they even make Jerseys for non NFL talent?

9. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

i think we may lose the first 9 games.....;)

10. Mr.Green

Mr.Green Banned

I think 98% of the posters on this board have no clue how the NFL really works. The jets are 3-6 win team. People around here have no clue about the Patriots and how good they are. The same people bashing espn sound like that's all they watch when it comes to the rest of the league. The Pats have multiple big, fast, wrs that can go up and make a play on the ball. Something they haven't had for years! Their also replacing Gronk and a guy who is 6'7, athletic, good hands and can also go up and fight for the ball. Not to mention a stable of RBs that will run for over 2200 yards this year. Who can also make catches out of the back field. Jets defense will have no answer after chasing Martin and dealing with Williams and Jackson all day. Then starting Geno on the road on a short week.

I get it guys. You have been made fun of for years. The team you live for is a disaster. No reason to make it worse by saying this is a 8-10 win team. Its not. Actually its a bad team. Real bad. Its ok bc your rebuilding. To bad woody fucked that up to for ya by delaying the obvious in firing Rex. He should have just started out completely fresh. Not bring in the 4-5th guy on the list. And then draft Geno who is only going to get caught up in this mess next year when a new head coach comes in and wants to start his own program and really start fresh. I'd throw Coples in there as well. Rex wont be coaching him next year. So someone else will have to make a decision if they wanna keep a 300lb backer or not. I'm not here to bash at all. I just think some of u guys are mental for thinking 10 wins etc. Also as much as you don't wanna believe it. Buffalo and Miami are making good strides. This is the Pats division for the next 2-3 years. Their team is also improving. Their defense will be much better and really wasn't as bad as people made it seem. If u look at ppg, to's, scoring defense they were a top ten defense. And only getting better. Jones and Hightower look like guys you can build around for years. I think its time to come back down to reality. Remember last year when Rex said that was his most talented team? The poor guy looks lost now. I'm serious. He does not look or sound good. Looks like he aged 10 years.

11. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

what makes u the other 2%?

12. NewYorkEveryThing

Mr Green : If you don't know by now that anything can happen and teams come out of nowhere every year and win 8-10 games. You must not be one of the 2%. You say the pats have a 6 foot 7 TE that great hands,fast and can go up for the ball and catch everything in sight? Do you even know his name? His stats from last year NFL or Collage?

13. The Great American

The Great American Well-Known Member

[fingers in ears]
    LA la la la

14. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

well, that's just nitpicking, isn't it?

15. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Smell like a Pats fan to me

16. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Mr. Anonymous Source sure is a popular player. The Jets should cut him so he stops leaking stories.

This is true, but overall their choices of being #32 in the power rankings or being 3-13 will look really foolish because that means they severely underestimated the team and were just piling on. Many Jets fans have the Jets only winning 1 or 2 games in the front half of the schedule then tacking on 4/5 on the back half. They would look foolish for not realizing there are better players on the team than they expected. But if the Jets start 2-0 then go 1-13 down the stretch, aseason ranking would be right, but the ESPN power rankings would still be wrong since they are supposed to assess a team week to week.

17. footballfundamentals

footballfundamentals Well-Known Member

I live in Tampa so I have seen a few Buc games the last few years.

Josh Freeman is mediocre at best, and is actually regressing despite all of the talent around him. He has a knack for throwing the bad pick (sound familiar?). He is in a contract year and whether he lives up to his 'potential' is the question. And after seeing some of the preseason, it does not look promising.

Bucs offensive line has not been good in the preseason, and they have a few injuries.

Jets offense will be better than last year. We should have a# 1, 2 and a slot. We have better RB's, including one that can actually catch the ball out of the backfield and run the wildcat. How about a real offensive coordinator? Offensive line is more solidified.

Defenses are just about even. I believe our pass rush will be better. I think that is where we have the edge in this game whether it is manufactured from the front four, or by the blitz. Maybe a few turnovers.

Geno is the obvious wildcard. If he is a good game manager (hated to say that), with a vanilla play book and maybe a few trick plays there is a good chance we will win.

Jets 23-16

#77 footballfundamentals, Sep 6, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2013
  18. Vanbiesbrouck

Vanbiesbrouck Active Member

It would be funny if we did go 2-0, just to see Manish have to write an article about how winning is a bad thing because Rex Ryan getting the team to the playoffs would be a problem, since Idzik didn't want him as a coach and would then be forced to re-sign him to a long term extension against his wishes.

Funk Dat.

19. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

you guys know the patriots got SMACKED by the lions in week 3 of preseason like they were getting smacked when tom brady was in the game

trust me, the jets and rex haven't forgotten about thanksgiving night. that patriots team is definitely beatable if we get pressure on brady

20. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

its more likely we get 2 wins on the year then 2 wins in the first 2 weeks