Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

He will......for another team.....and he'll take them pretty far.

Then folks will be wondering about some guy named "Hobbes" who posted hundreds of times in defense of Sanchez...and whatever happened to him.

LOL

2. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

It's too logical!
    and let's not add the lack of O-line/Running game support!

But Hobbes, don't you get it by now?
    No matter what the excuse, even though they are legitimate and 100% fact will never be accepted .
    NEVER!
    Simply because they think this is Madden or a FFL where if you get that 1 player you can win everything.

I soooo wanted to see Mark w/ MM on OC. Just having a legit QB Coach for him had me excited.

Truth is, Geno will struggle enough for Mark to get another shot. Then we will all know whether Mark has learned anything.

3. max

max Active Member

I'm rooting for this team to win, but i have a bad feeling geno is gonna be pretty raw on sunday. He's a rookie with kinda "ok" wr's and a questionable run game to support him. I think Sanchez will be back this season and will be the starter at the end of the season if we make the playoffs.

4. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I wonder sometimes if some of you guys are Sanchez fans parading around as Jets fans. I rooted for Sanchez, I supported Sanchez, I was patient with Sanchez as he went through his growing pains. But at this point I realize that Sanchez sucks. I'm a Jets fan and I want to see my team succeed. And Sanchez does not put my team in a position to win. There has been plenty of players that I liked that left, even some that I felt the Jets never gave a legit shot.

5. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

So because you gave up on him means we are not actual JETS fans?

How about we just want to give him a shot w/MM?
    or Maybe some think Geno is Not a better option?

lol, Hey, We're all JETS fans...& it's ok to have a different opinion...:metal:

6. JetsKickAss

I think Sanchez is a slightly-better-than-average QB who has had his RB's, WR's, OL, and OC all get WORSE from Years 1/2 to the present.

He is not good enough to improve if his environment deteriorates around him. Probably only a Top 10 QB is good enough to do that.

Geno Smith reminds me of Browning Nagle: same pre-season hype, same 2nd round pick, detested incumbent to beat out.

That didn't work out well as I recall.

7. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Sanchez was exactly the same QB in 2012 as he was in 2009, 2010, 2011....there was just nothing to hide all his warts in 2012. What's always held Sanchez back is his lack of field vision and poor decision making coupled with a lack of short to intermediate range accuracy.

8. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

The funny or sad part is how Sanchez haters are saying our wrs are not that good, and running game looks poor at best this year.

Already making subconscious excuses... Yet last years offense didn't have the amount of talent in the wr, and rb department.

It's ok for Geno to play poor with mediocre talent, and no excuses for Sanchez to struggle with practice Squad players.

C'mon man... Talking both sides of the mouth...

9. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Why does this thread still exist? Sanchez is done here.

10. The 1985er

I'm giving up on him because he can't help my team win. He came in as a rookie and was bad but I understood that he was a guy that had limited experience. He improved in his 2nd season and shown flashes of being a good QB. Then in 2011 he regressed and last year he regressed some more. I would have still believed in him if he continued to improved despite Tanny making stupid decisions. Most QB's get no more than 3 years at most to prove themselves and no matter how many oc's or talent you put around him he'll always be the same poor decision making, poor accuracy player.
    The bold is exactly why we need to move on from Sanchez. Are your standards for QB's really that low?

And you comparing Geno to Browning Nagle reeks of a Sanchez supporter wanting Geno to fail just so Sanchez can start once again. And that's exactly why I question if some of you are parading around here pretending to be Jets fans but are really Sanchez fans. I bet most of you probably won't post here anymore when the Jets let him go.

11. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Sanchez didn't make Braylon Edwards look good. He didn't make Santonio Holmes look good. He didn't make Dustin Keller look good and he certainly didn't make Jerrico Cotchery look good.

Derrick Anderson made Braylon Edwards look good. Or more accurately Braylon Edwards made Derek Anderson look good. Ben Roethlisberger made Santonio Holmes look good. Nobody has made Dustin Keller look all that good because he never got the chance to play with a good NFL QB after his rookie year in which he didn't play a lot early when Brett Favre was throwing well. Chad Pennington and Brett Favre made Jerrico Cotchery look good.

Jerrico Cotchery, Dustin Keller, Braylon Edwards, Santonio Holmes and LaDainian Tomlinson made Sanchez look not bad most of the time.

12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Keller had a decent rookie year with Favre, even if he only started 6 games.

Favre used him as an outlet many times and even said at some point during 2008 that he wished he had met him a lot earlier in his career. Keller had more receptions and TDs that year than he did in 2009.

13. JetsKickAss

I'm a Jets fan. I realize Sanchez won't be here next year. I also knew that Revis would be traded -- should I think trading the 2nd or 3rd best player to ever play for the team is a bad thing also imply I am not a Jets fan ?

14. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

Yea and if at that point, like I said if that happens, you will know once and for all whether Mark was a victim of circumstances or whether he just sucked. New coach, new offensive coordinator and finally gets smacked in the face losing his job.

However, as I said that is a big if, because they will stick with Geno even if he is awful.

15. The 1985er

I'm not trying to single you out. But I'm honestly perplexed as to the lengths folks will go to defend such a bad QB. It reminds me of Tebow fans defending Tim.

16. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

If this were 100% true, then these guys would have been and would be in much greater demand. They weren't. Edwards has wandered from team to team getting paid the minimum someone with his skill set gets paid. The Steelers jettisoned Holmes for a 5th round pick just to get him out of the locker room. Keller was allowed to leave the Jets without a second thought from the Jets organization, who knew there were greener pastures elsewhere. J-Co went from being a core contributor on the Jets to a role player on the Steelers.

Tomlinson is the exception: he absolutely raised Sanchez's game. Sanchez has been miserable passing to RBs since LT left.

You can even look at Plaxiglass and how productive he was with Sanchez vs after he left. He obviously wasn't the same player due to his prison stint, but the Jets still found a way to get good production out of him with Sanchez tossing the rock.

Edit add: Receivers who can make a quarterback better are a commodity. Any team would be thrilled to have any number of them. The Jets receivers are not that commodity. Sanchez detractors conveniently dismiss all of his success as an anomaly, yet he's had so much of it that it couldn't possibly be. It's a logical inconsistency to think that the Jets receivers could make Sanchez better, yet not flourish under a better QB. It just doesn't add up.

#16256 xxedge72x, Sep 5, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
  17. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Being a great QB is not just about great mechanics, something Sanchez clearly doesn't have, it's about great leadership. Great QB's aren't victims of circumstances they create victims by force of will coupled with great talent.

Sanchez hasn't had great talent around him the last 2 years but he was part of that poor talent pool.

18. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Braylon was good but he was no Megatron. He couldnt even find a job after 2010, the 49ers took him because he was sitting there like the 3rd week of the preseason. Obviously the lockout affected things but he wasnt sought after as much.

19. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

I don't disagree with that. I don't think he is very talented anymore. Saw flashes in his first two years, but now see maybe 2 or 3 good plays an entire game. I just think it could shutup the Sanchez supporters.

20. joe

joe Well-Known Member

*** against site rules ***

Adm. Petrozza, my apologies--sorry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.