2013 Week 1 - Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ New York Jets Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soxxx, Aug 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jets4life2007

jets4life2007 Banned

I hope Revis gets hurt. Hate that greedy bastard!

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

please leave the board and stop embarrassing our fanbase.

3. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

96% of the Jets fans here could say the same thing about you. Just sayin'.

4. nyjunc

96% of the Jet fans here have no idea who you are but thanks for being a fan.

5. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

The Jets Bucs game is one of 3 that all of them agree on, they all went with the Bucs.

the other all ins were the Pats vs the Bills with all on the Pats
    the other was SFO VS GB with all in on SFO.

6. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I'd rather be a no one to 96% of the fans here, then be a sub-par Jets fan like you who enjoys drawing attention to himself yet is probably deep down a closet Dolphins fan.

7. nyjunc

I don't draw attention to myself, my fans like you give me attention. I post my educated opinions and my fans go wild. I never draw attention to myself, if I did I'd be bumping up a million old threads to say "I told you so".

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Thank you sir.

9. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Let me be clear, I'm not your fan and I don't draw attention towards you. I've actually highlighted key parts of your own post that simply contradict how you feel. In fact, it showcases how you do indeed draw attention to yourself as a self-proclaimed superior Jets fan.

You don't need to bump a million threads to make your case, but reply to almost every single post in the "Sanchez sucks" thread to make your case.

At the end of it all...I can't help but find you a funny guy here as your posts belong on the comments section of The Onion's Jets articles.

At some point you'll look back down the road with this QB situation and reflect on Mark Sanchez, and accept defeat that he pretty much became a glorified Rex Grossman.

#269 Poeman, Sep 4, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
  10. nyjunc

you are a fan b/c you are aware of me and I have no idea who you are.

I will always defend what I believe is right and I make a damn good case, I can't help it that an average fan such as yourself can't see it.

I will always appreciate what Mark did for our franchise. I feel bad for those that won't, you guys are the reason we don't deserve a winner.

11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Junc knows who I am.

I'M SOMEBODY! LOOK AT ME, MA! I'M SOMEBODY!!!!

12. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

While I don't agree with Junc on Sanchez, he is a knowledgeable poster. Your view of him simply stems from his view on Sanchez. Don't be so narrow-minded.

13. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Contain D. Martin. Have Freeman turn the ballover a few times and if Geno has a manageable game where he limits his mistakes, we will win. I think if 2 of those 3 happen, we win in a close one. If the stars aline, we can win this by 10.

14. nyjunc

:grin: you made it!

15. NewYorkEveryThing

This is turning into a : I got more twitter followers than you. Thread. But it is funny reading two posters go at it.

16. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Being a knowledgeable poster and a poster that consistently belittles others while making a point on their thoughts towards Sanchez are two different things. So be broad-minded here, and use another adjective to describe this.

Sorry, we can get back on topic :)...Freeman also stinks, so we have a good shot on Sunday.

17. nyjunc

The one who gets belittled is myself by folks who get roasted in arguments. I get more irrational hatred on here for stuff I don't even say, it's mostly made up stuff b/c other posters can't debate w/ me. There are plenty who can debate and I enjoy debating w/ those posters even if I don't always agree but spare me the belittling stuff b/c no one takes more crap than I do but I have strong opinions and understand some of the reactions. The ones that take it too seriously are the ones that miss out, this stuff is all in fun.

18. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

19. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Now that Geno is officially starting, I don't from a fans view the gameplan is going to change much. I think whether it would have been Geno, Simms, or even Sanchez, the Jets would have tried to protect the QB and give them easy/short throws to get them going. The main difference I think is we might see Geno in the pistol a bit more than expected just to keep the defense off balance and Geno comfortable.

One of most important things is probably Santonio and his health. If he can play and can be near 100%, we can move him around and try to get him the ball in space. He's our most explosive playmaker on offense and can take a 10 yard slant into a 50 yard TD. Those plays are huge because as of right now, we lack playmakers on offense. Hill has potential to be one but haven't seen much from him. I'm interested to see a more open playbook from MM but still don't expect anything too crazy.

It will be interesting if we get into the RZ if we go to the WC at all, because it worked well in the preseason and Rex never abandoned and has quite a fondness for it since 09.

Does anyone know how our WR officially looks?
    Is Holmes playing? Is Gates playing? Who's the starters on the depth chart currently?

20. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Junc, if your ego was any larger the universe couldn't contain it.
    You have roasted enough arguments on this board to fill a small thimble.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.