The Geno Smith "Era" (Official Geno Thread) - All Geno Talk in here!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I have seen people post that they like Geno as long as he does not play like Sanchez.

I don't mind if he plays like Sanchez. In fact I expect him to play like Sanchez. The question is can he improve as the season goes on and play better than Sanchez.

The problem with Sanchez was he played like Sanchez years 1, 2, 3 and 4 and has only slightly improved. Geno may play poorly but he can get better and that is what is exciting and why there is optimism among many Jet fans. He may end up being another Sanchez or might be a QB that we can proud to watch play. But it will not happen overnight. It took 2 years for many people to realize Sanchez was terrible and never going to get better. 4+ years for many others. While many Jet fans will want a quick resolution of thumbs up or down on Geno it may take 2 years of Geno before we can make a judgment. In the internet era people seem to have no patience or ability to wait to make a judgment only opinions formed from emotion and impatience.

Regardless I am excited to see a new QB era. I was there when Todd finally got to play, O'Brien, Nagle, Pennington and now Geno. It will hopefully be a moment and a season to remember.

#2681 Noam, Sep 4, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
  2. IdiditMawae

IdiditMawae New Member

Nice to read this, and I couldn't agree more. I wish all the best to Sanchez, but it's time for a new era in New York. It will take time, but as it's been said, as long as he's learning from the inevitable rookie mistakes and improving, I'll be a happy camper.

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

My gut says Geno Smith is going to be a decent QB and that after that it's really going to depend on how the Jets use him and who they put around him.

I think he is more likely to give us a productive season than not. I expect his mistakes to be more of the rookie variety than the "doh! he did it again" type. I don't expect him to make the same mistakes over and over again. Once or twice is enough for most rookies. Then they get it.

4. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Good post. For people who aren't giving him a chance there bitter douche bags who just like to complain because they have nothing else going for them. He's a 22 year old rookie, with a good amount of talent. Let's give him a shot and back him, instead of bitching about everything and joining in on the medias bullshit.

5. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Well said and I've been saying this all along. I think Geno surprises and gives us some good moments this year. I just want to see him get a fair shot at the job and if he doesn't improve after half a season (or full season) then I'll be the first to say he's probably not the Jets long-term answer at QB. If not, then we'll need to address QB in 2014 draft.

6. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

I'm excited to see someone else play QB for this team.

I think a lot of the negativity on Geno is overdone. He's looked really good at times for a rookie.

7. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

First, the Jets announced today that the QB competition is still on going. So no era has started yet.

Second picking Smith was not only a reach but a horrible pick.

Third, he will fail, it's a matter of time, and I just wish it to be a quick demise rather than lasting a couple miserable years.

So I'm hoping the Smith era you mentioned is over by the end of game 1, preferably by half time so we might actually win it. And if this team puts Brady F#cking Quinn on the field for anything I will be pissed.

8. perpetualchange

perpetualchange Active Member

How is a second round pick who fell from the top 10 a "reach"?

9. 3lixer.

3lixer. Active Member

If only Pennington had Geno's arm.

Good post OP. I think Geno will surprise some people this year. He's going to have his rookie moments, but I think overall people will be pleased with his play this year.

I've watched almost all his college games.

10. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I wish people would stop comparing him to some first round busts and start seeing him for what he is, a second round pick, 3rd pick of the team and someone who was picked about where he should have been if not later. their is no major risk involved with him, he is not the player in which the 2013 draft will be graded(atleast he shouldn't be) and he can not destroy the future of this franchise. he is either going to be a 2nd round home run pick or another 2nd round qb who didn't cut it as a starter. he will either let us focus on other positions in next years draft or we will know we need to get a qb in what could be a good one for qb's. worst he will be is an affordable back up for a few years.

I hope he is the answer and I think he can be, but if he is not we are atleast moving towards finding one.

Go Geno

11. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

enter: the rebuttal.

/thread, lol :lol:

12. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Well since he will be a bust, I say get it over with quick so we can find out about Simms too or draft a real QB next year.

Since no playoff in the cards this year with Geno, how about a 0-16 year and start fresh next year with a real HC and QB. To make a new HC have to keep Smith is as bad as Forcing our new GM to keep Rex. Nothing good will come.

13. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

your the fan cimini and manish are pandering to with there shit columns.

14. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

No. But thats the position they have placed him in.

Let him take some more lumps, like the 4 t.o. Game against the Giants, then get him out and let him acclimate.

15. Hobbes3259

Yeah, after the way he tore up the Giants secondary....you're right.

How about giving a shot with a legit OC to a seasoned QB that took you one step from the SB twice, and only has one Losing season.

#2695 Hobbes3259, Sep 4, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
  16. Blue Raven

Blue Raven New Member

I don't think it's the start of the "Geno Smith Era". Watching him play in college I never thought I was watching a "franchise QB". Im just hoping hes not bad.

17. Hobbes3259

Several points.

Idzik goes before Rex. This off season has been a disaster.

When Sanchez gets back on the field, its goingnto be worse for Idzik.

(there's a difference between Wilson playing his way in to the field,and what Idzik did here)

We won't be in the Teddy Bridgewater sweepstakes.

Geno will not be a bust.

He is just raw.

18. Hobbes3259

Im just curious....If Sanchez sucks, because he is a turnover machine, why do Genos Four turnovers, including giving up points, get a Pass?

19. Hobbes3259

So, Geno gets a pass on his four turnover performance with a good OC, while Sanchez who struggled with shit OCs and played better..doesnt. Interesting.

You seem to be the fan Cimini and Manish are after.

20. Mr.Green

Mr.Green Banned

You have way too much faith in MM.

I just laughed after writing that.

Considering how much slurping you've done over one of the worst QB's in the last 15 years.