Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Junc...face it.

Sanchez is history.

It's time to find a new player to go illogically gaga over.

May I suggest Brady Quinn?

[​IMG]

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I will be here to defend what is right no matter who the player or coach is as the average fans irrationally try to run everyone out of town.

3. HAYN

HAYN Well-Known Member

4. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

and the irrational gms too.

did you send woody an email?

5. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Able to leap logic in a single post!

[​IMG]

6. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Haha except, throughout time, you keep defending the losers who eventually get brushed aside by the organization ( rightfully discarded, mind you); and it's probably because you let your sentimentality seize control of your brain.

Either that or your standards are just so low, that "mediocre" is actually "outstanding" by your measure. In other words, you have a loser's mentality when it comes to rooting for your team.

7. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Nick Kostos ‏@TheKostos 7m
    Tomlinson on Mark Sanchez on #ScheinOnSports: "I don't think Mark will be a starter again in the NFL" #jets

8. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

Your causation is backwards. The running game was only decent because we had a marginal passing game that couldn't keep the defense honest. None the less, because we had such excellent blocking, the defense was still good.

Do yourself a favor and never type the word "consistency" in a post again. By the way you describe it, I think there are less than 10 total offensive and defensive units combined in a given year in NFL history that fulfill your standard for consistent excellence.

You have no objective evidence other than "I know what I saw" to support any one of your claims. I watched the same games you did, and all of the home games live in person. But unlike you, I have piles and piles of data to support my claims. You have "can't trust the numbers." Well they can give you a pretty darn good idea.

For example:

Thomas Jones was OKAY. DECENT. Not very good, not great, as you claim he was. Product of his O-line. I watched it on TV, same as you did, but here is my support:

Thomas Jones in 2007, before the ELITE Brick-Faneca-Mangold-Moore-Woody offensive line: 3.6YPC
    Thomas Jones in 2 seasons with that O-line (08-09): 4.37 YPC
    Thomas Jones in KC, the season after: 3.7YPC

At his very best, with an absolutely terrific offensive line, he managed 4.37 YPC. Nothing special.

By the numbers, adjusted for era, Mark Sanchez led the lowest rated 4 year run as a starting QB in NFL history.

#16068 Mantana Soss, Sep 3, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
  9. nyjunc

I defend those that deserve it. I am not an average whiny fan that wants a new HC/QB every 2-3 years. famous teams/players that never would have made it if whiny jet fans ran things:

NYG SBs 2007 and 2011- Eli and Coughlin would have been gone
    Rich Gannon
    John Unitas
    Joe Montana
    Bill Belichick and the '00s Pats dynasty
    Jimmy Johnson and the Cowboys 90s dynasty
    Troy Aikman
    Steve Young
    Vinny Testaverde and 1998

need I go on?

the ones I have defended the most have been some of the most successful players/coaches in our franchise history that whiny Jet fans have no appreciation for.

LT should be nicer to one the guys who helped him get closer to a SB than he ever got before.

10. nyjunc

Oh so the pass game which won us most of our games was keeping our ground game down. Interesting but how did we have so much success pulling games out w/ our awful pass game? Must have been those HOF receivers carrying that awful QB.

You have no idea what a dominant D looks like if you think our D was dominant, dominant Ds are all time great Ds. We were never the best D in any given year let alone being an all time great one.

You have worthless stats w/o context to show, I understand the game- there is the difference. Fans like you think Philip Rivers is great, Matt Schaub, Tony Romo, etc... Stats tell us part of the story, Mark was a borderline top 10 QB in 2010(I think he was top 10 but at worst you can't say he was worse than 12th) but b/c he didn't post a top 10-12 in the rankings that must mean he sucked.

We won in 2010 mostly b/c of our pass O. vs. NE, at Mia, at Den, at det, at Cle, vs. Hou, at NE playoffs, at Pit it got us back in the game.

when did I ever claim Thomas Jones was great?

11. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Point 1, you gave an abstract question I gave an abstract answer. Since it's a fictional game your talking about there is no reference point.

Again, and this is the fact you can't wrap your brain around. Wins are a TEAM Stat. Period.

Yes I do know what a dominate defense looks like 2009 the Jets were THE BEST DEFENSE IN THE LEAGUE AT KEEPING FROM SCORING. At 14.8 points a game they weren't an all time great defense, but they do rank pretty high in that regard. in 2009 they also allowed the fewest yards per defensive snap of any team in the NFL by more than 1/2 a yard per snap. This despite an offense that had a 3 and out 25% of the time.

Now the jets offense in 2009 did rank among the league leaders in 1 category, big plays. they were #3 with 96 of them....75 of them from the rushing game. In other words, you knock Martin for big plays but that was about the ONLY way the Jets scored, big plays...and 3/4 of those came from the rushing game. the passing game was inept.

The defense? they ranked 7th best in big plays against. so lets see..
    yeah I'd say for that season the Defense was pretty damned dominate.

so it's pretty clear you have zero idea what a dominate defense is. It wasn't 85 Bears dominate, but if that's what it takes to be a dominiate defense then Sanchez has never even sniffed being even an acceptable QB if you apply the same standards to QB's that you apply to defenses. By applying that standard Sanchez is the worst 4 year starter in 60 years of NFL football..

Oh wait, he is.

12. The Uniform Bomber

Ah yes. Can you please tell us, again, about all of those great accomplishments by Herm and Chad, after they left the Jets? Because I remember you being a Stage 5 clinger to them too, when it was painfully obvious that it was time to move on from them. But because they had been more successful than the really shitty years, you thought that they deserved more chances.

Again, you either have a loser's mentality or you're way too sentimental. Which is it?

13. The Uniform Bomber

This post epitomizes Junc.

It's more about being nice and getting close to success, rather than achieving actual success.

Loser's mentality.

14. nyjunc

you answered the question exactly how most people would, people that focus too much on meaningless #s.

The QB contributes to those team wins, right?

You don't know what a dominant D looks like if you think our D was dominant. It was dominant at times but overall too many blown late leads and coming up small in the biggest game proves they weren't dominant.

here you are showing me meaningless stats w/o context again. How did that big plays against stat work out in the title game?

You are either dominant or you aren't, a dominant D doesn't allow Chad henne to carve them up and blow a late lead, a dominant D doesn't allow a mediocre jags team to score late to win or allow Atl to easily march down the field and win he game late. We had a very good D who was dominant at times but wasn't anywhere near a dominant D. The league hasn't seen a dominant D in a long time and we have never seen one.

Herm led KC to their first playoff app in 3 years and only their 2nd in 9 years.

Chad took over a team that was 1-15 in 2007 and led them to an 11-5 record and DIVISION TITLE in 2008- a division we couldn't win w/ the great Brett favre.

You may want to go through the archives and read my posts on them to refresh your memory.

we all can't be winners like you. You have that winners mentality, the one where we change the coach, QB and GM every 3 years to ensure success!

15. 1968jetsfan

Can't help it, Win.

16. Mantana Soss

Here is the team Mark Sanchez was given in 2010:

8th best pass-protection, and that's if you choose not to blame any of Mark's sacks on Mark himself.

5th best running game. That's by DVOA, a measure of efficiency, not totals. Shonn Greene was actually good this one lone season, and was 4th in the league at success rate. Greene was 11th and Tomlinson 15th among all NFL RBs in DYAR (Defense adjusted yards above replacement). So they were above average performing backs, running behind the 3rd best run blocking line in the league.

The defense ranked 2nd against the run and 7th against the pass (#5 overall) despite having to face the 4th toughest offensive strength of schedule against. None of the 4 teams with defenses that outranked NYJ's had a SOS against any tougher than 14th.

The D was:
    #2 in yards per drive allowed (they got offenses off the field) despite hacing to face the 5th most drives (the offense kept putting the defense back on the field).

#1 in rate of punts forced per drive.

It, along with excellent special teams, provided the Jets offense with the #2 average starting field position.

Another small thing overlooked, that definitely helped with that field position battle is that Steve Weatherford had one of the better punting seasons in NFL history in 2010. 42 kicks inside 20, 20 kicks inside 10, 4 touchbacks.

The 2010 Jets were a top 10 team in every facet of the game, except passing, despite excellent protection, despite three WRs who were their team's #1 WR a year prior, a receiving tight end, and a receiving HB.

--

I would argue that no 1st round 2nd year QB has ever been put in such an excellent position to succeed in NFL history. If you can give me a good rebuttal player, I'd like to hear it.

17. 1968jetsfan

You know what they say about assumptions don't you Junc. they make an ass out of you.

Yep, Favre had a subpar year no doubt, he was also injured...but don't let that stop your illogic train.

How did that Sanchez big play ability work out in the title games? hey If a QB is the winner of the games then the QB is the loser of the games right?

I mean if a QB does NOTHING and gets credit for the win then he gets credit for the losses to, not that I agree with that logic but it is YOUR logic.

So lets see, that Makes Sanchez 0-2 in the REALLY big games at crunch time, again using YOUR logic on QB's being the win loss machine....so that makes Sanchez what? Yep, using YOUR logic, a choke artist unable to win the big game.

18. Mantana Soss

Give me SOME KIND OF EVIDENCE.

The passing game "brought us back", because we had a tradition of being unable to accomplish anything on offense for the first 3 quarters. That's the same measure of success that gave Tim Tebow the reputation for being clutch.

Also, the AFC Championship vs Pittsburgh being the fault of the defense is possibly the single greatest misconception of this fanbase.

19. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

What... is his quote not as relevant as Bart Scott's? L.T knows a lot more about offense than Bart Scott does.

L.T already played in and lost an AFC Championship game with the Chargers. Mark didn't help him get any closer.

20. Mantana Soss

The only QB worse than Sanchez in 2010 was the collective one the Jets defense allowed.

Despite facing NE x2, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, and Favre's Vikings the total passing allowed by the Jets defense added up to:

50.6% completions, 3210 yards, 5.6 yards per attempt. And pass defense was the weaker half.

The 2010 Jets D wasn't HISTORICALLY good, but it was FANTASTIC. It was near the top of every category despite an extremely tough schedule and an offense that continuously put them on the field via 3 and out or turnover.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.