2013 Week 1 - Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ New York Jets Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soxxx, Aug 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Red Barron

The Red Barron New Member

Look at the bolded quote...

I stopped reading there.

Can't wait to see your "great" QB on Sunday...

2. xeticus

xeticus Member

Tampa 20 Jets 13 seems realistic to me. Maybe when Geno has more seasoning the Jets offense will start rolling but right now he is super raw.

3. The Red Barron

Somebody give this man a GOLD STAR!!!

4. kinggofg

kinggofg Active Member

If you assume Revis is the best player on the Bucs then they have a lot to worry about. The jets don't have a #1 reciever to lock down. His talents are wasted. He will be covering what would be a 3rd reciever on another team baing passed to by their backup QB.

5. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

That says more about the Jets than it does the Bucs when we don't even have a receiver worth covering.

6. MoWilkNYJ

MoWilkNYJ Well-Known Member

If 20-13 is considered a realistic prediction for you then this game realistically could go either way. I'd call it 24-21, either way.

That's definitely true, but in our situation, I'd be more afraid of a player like Von Miller or JJ Watt that can rattle Geno. Revis will pretty much completely shut out Holmes, but that's it. You can just imagine he's injured week 1.

7. Vanbiesbrouck

Vanbiesbrouck Active Member

I think you stopped reading there because your reading comprehension skills are poor. The QB I was referring to was Tom Brady (he of the New England Patriots), not anyone on the Jets. The Jets do not have Tom Brady. I get that. But you also aren't playing the Jets every week (sadly for you). Your hypothesis was that Revis makes a team better. I was referring to an entire season, which is the discussion. If you would now like to backtrack and suggest that we were magically only talking about this one week because that allows you to move the goalposts to suggest that I was saying that the Jets have a great QB- which I was not- feel free, but we both know that wasn't the case. Though, perhaps you just stopped reading because you were pwned.

In a division with Matt Ryan & Drew Brees, Revis can be marginalized, because they are smart enough not to throw at him. When you are playing a team with 1 great WR and no one else, Revis is huge. He turns an 11 on 11 game into a 10-10 game and takes out the opponents biggest weapon. The more really good options an opponents offense has, the less of an impact he can have on the game, because the other options will kill you.

As evidenced in the Patriots game that I referenced, which you were too lazy to read.

I fully expect that Revis will get one INT vs. NY this weekend, because I've been a Jets fan long enough to expect that (though, if Sanchez were starting, I might say he gets 2 just for the comedy of it). That said, it wouldn't surprise me if Morningwheg tells Geno (who is still young and learning to move through progressions anyway) to just cut 1 look (Revis' WR) out of his progression, and go "Opposite WR, Slot WR, TE...throw it away".

I think the Jets win 17-14, in an ugly game. Revis gets an INT, hopefully the Jets win the war.

#187 Vanbiesbrouck, Sep 2, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2013
  8. Swedish Ale

Swedish Ale Member

That says more about you than what he was kindly and carefully trying to explain to you, you fucking dolt.

You missed 95% of his whole point, since you're obviously bedazzled into oblivion with having REVIS (whose name apparently requires to be bolded and italic) on your team... we get it.

To you it appears to be a gamebreaker just having his name on the field.
    Yes, it's September.
    And the reality is that you have a rehabbing player who still haven't played a single snap yet.

He wasn't exactly walking on water during the preseason, dominating left and right, was he?
    No, coz he didn't fucking play.

Not a single soul on the planet knows if we'll ever see REVIS being REVIS again.
    You sure as hell are paying him as if he already is.
    Will he be worth 10% of your cap? Not to me, never - but maybe he will be for Tampa, who knows. Either way - best of luck to both of them.

But to come waltzing in here, starting off with brown-nosing every reply you get, before showing your true colors once you're getting some logical and opposing opinions - GTFO with that.

We're in rebuild and we might have a shot against your Win Now team... that alone should've kept you quiet.

9. The Red Barron

If we assume that, the Jets HAVE A LOT to worry about...

That's one less option that THE ROOKIE GENO SMITH HAS TO THROW TO (the others will be double-covered)...

Meanwhile McCoy, Spence, Clayborn, and Bowers on the D-Line are closing into Geno's grill after 3 seconds...

Not to mention, we don't have to cover a #1 with Revis.Who is your most effective receiver???

Good luck! :grin:

#189 The Red Barron, Sep 2, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2013
  10. The Red Barron

Think about it this way: During practice, the rookie Geno is going to find a great deal of chemistry with at least ONE of his receivers...

What happens if the Bucs figure the hierarchy out???

What happens if Revis is guarding THAT receiver???

What will Geno decide as Gerald McCoy comes crashing into his helmet???

Good luck Jets!

11. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

There you have it, folks. They have Gerald McCoy so obviously were fucked.

12. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yeah, we know that. If I was the Bucs, I would move Revis around on Sunday too. Geno seems to lock on to a WR every play. Can't go through reads yet. I am sure Revis will be on that WR sometimes and hop those routes with ease.

13. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

The Red Barron

Will you come here even if we whip your butt on Sunday? If not, cut the crap already. If yes, write things that won't embarrass you on Sunday. Also stop giving Gold Stars to Dolphins fans. You are being annoying.

14. Jets Esq.

Jets Esq. Guest

He will vanish if the Jets beat TB, or at best complain about bad calls or something.

15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

How far we have come from that promising first post of yours.

16. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

He'll vanish either way. He doesn't care about the jets at all, he only cares about the game. Furthermore, he's bored and no matter who wins, he'll likely never post on this account again.

17. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Don't you guys still have Josh Freeman, a mediocre at best QB who only completed 54.8% of his passes last year?

18. allan1

allan1 Active Member

Who? All no name JAGS. Won't get within 5 feet of Smith. I'm sure the Jets are just mortified. Here comes the 23rd ranked defense in football.

Enjoy your damaged goods with Revis. Guy isn't 1/2 the player he used to be

19. tubby

tubby Active Member

I think one of the big things to look at is that over the past 4 years, Rex's defenses have really taken advantage of offenses with average-poor QB play. I would certainly put Freeman in the average category. If the Jets can neutralize Doug Martin, Freeman is going to make some mistakes that the Jets have to capitalize on.

20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

As bad as that guy's posts have become, you have always been an embarrassment to this forum.

Nothing you just said is even close to being accurate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.