Revis Reception

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jesterjetman, Sep 1, 2013.

?

The Revis Reception

1. BOOOOOOOOOOO!!

45 vote(s)
    28.5%
  2. Thanks for the good time kid, sorry ya had to go!

78 vote(s)
    49.4%
  3. We have much bigger problems than reacting to Revis

26 vote(s)
    16.5%
  4. Who?

9 vote(s)
    5.7%
  1. DanR

DanR Active Member

Last 2 seasons I turned on Jets games mostly to watch the Revis matchups. Why would I boo?

2. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Revis is greedy for getting paid money he deserves. That makes sense I guess.

3. Jets Esq.

Jets Esq. Guest

Tampa Bay has had no problems with Revis so far because their front office capitulated. Gave him $13m a year! That's crazy high money for a CB. He will never restructure the deal, and you kind of can't justify letting him go in less than 4 or 5 years, so it's going to take away massive amounts of cap space that could have been used to upgrade multiple positions of need.

It's not strange for 1st round rookies to not immediately sign their contracts, no. While the salaries are pretty much set under the new CBA, they bargain over guarantees and signing bonuses. Revis was going back and demanding more money than the original contract he signed entitled him to - that's different.

4. soh_vet

soh_vet Well-Known Member

not a Jet, fuck him.

5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

If I was at the game I would cheer him at introductions ,,that's what I have done for most jets I have liked that moved on,,,,,,

6. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Booing Revis is just stupid, The only one to blame is Woody who wants to win cheap. People act as If they wouldn't want the most money they can get. It wasn't Revis choice to leave so no I don't think he should or will be booed

7. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Mevi$ gets boooed. All that drama from day one was unnecessary. As said many times, no CB is worth as much as he wanted.

8. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Johnson is not cheap when it comes to player salaries . Revis was a greedy, selfish player who wanted a ridiculously absurd amount of money and rather than leadership on a team that desperately needed it, he only cared about his agenda. I will boo him.

9. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

While many things, woody Johnson is not cheap. Arnt we maxed out from a salary cap perspective? another bias fan with a clueless post

10. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

I voted BOOOOOO!
    Not that I would do it, but I think the reaction will be split, but slightly more on the booing side.

11. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

BWHAHAHA....... your team paid him 16 MILLION for the season coming off an torn ACL and he hasn't even played a game yet.

WHY & HOW would there be contract problems yet?!?! I think your seats may be too close to the cannons in the stadium.

12. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Seriously ... what a stupid thing to say. He just got paid like a qb.

13. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I'm not going to the game, so my contribution to Revis' self esteem will be limited to my own living room.

Great player, greedy fuck, and good for him. Check out the thread in the NFL forum about the former player who may have his leg amputated. Nothing wrong with Revis getting every last cent he can, if he can find someone willing to pay him. Good for him, and good for the Jets to get something for him and not be the patsy this time. Hard to be angry with this situation.

14. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

I have TWO authentic Revis jerseys. He could have been a Jet for his whole career, but he was only worried about being the highest paid.. I will boo him. I will NOT be ashamed, no should anyone. It's not like we're booing Wayne or Ellis. It's a guy who to me, didn't care where he went, just as long as he got paid. MEvis.

15. Barcs

Barcs Banned

A shutdown corner of that level is a luxury, not someone you keep on your team when there are major issues preventing success. With our offense being so putrid over the last couple years, I feel they totally wasted Revis. They did come close in 09 & 10, but Revis' contract led to salary cap issues that eventually cost us a lot of talent and we couldn't maintain that. If we gave him the 16 million he wanted, there would be huge issues on the Jets right now as far as salary cap goes and getting talent for the positions in need. It also didn't help that the Jets overpaid almost every decent player on D.

#35 Barcs, Sep 2, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2013
  16. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

I honestly haven't given him much though , but thinking about it fuck that greedy motherfucker.

17. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

We have had no problems with Revis not liking his contract in Tampa Bay. I guess the Jets Front Office is bad at negotiating. Revis seems perfectly fine being paid $16 million this season. :lol: Classic.

18. The Red Barron

The Red Barron New Member

We want Revis for the upgrade that he brings to our pass defense...

Coach Schiano is a stubborn dingbat who will blitz EVERYBODY and leave our corners on islands (see the Giants game last year)...

You don't leave Tampa2/cover2 corners on islands (Aquib Talib/ Eric Wright)... That is just bizzare and is why Eli had 500 yds passing on us...

Since bone-head College coach Schiano won't change his ways, why not bring in the best corner in the NFL who can do everything? He can press, he can do off-man, he does everything...

More importantly, he is like a God and every day our young CB's worship him and sit at his feet in hopes of becoming a better CB... (I guess he really is Revis Christ).

Our young safeties do the same at the Dashon Goldson tabernacle...

Even if Revis only stays 1 year with us, his impact is HUGE... (But he's not going anywhere)...

19. The Red Barron

The Red Barron New Member

Again I ask, what is up with your front office? It almost seems like they are trying to screw some of these players from the beginning.

If I tried to sell you extremely short in our first negotiation, how much would you trust me there-after and in future negotiations???

#39 The Red Barron, Sep 2, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2013
  20. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

I like beer :drunk: