How will Geno do in the first game?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by supersonic, Aug 31, 2013.

?

How will Geno do in Game 1

Poll closed Sep 9, 2013.
  1. Awesome, he'll tear it up!

2.4%
  2. Good. Solid game generally impressive for his first game

28.1%
  3. Average. Nothing special

31.1%
  4. Below Average. Not looking ready for the Bigs.

25.7%
  5. Poor. The Simms chants erupt in South Florida

12.6%
  1. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Are you a Jets fan??? What a BS post. This is what you WANT to happen and think it will be "very good?" Wouldn't it be good for the Jets for Smith to play well this season AND have Simms as a viable back up? Why is Smith's failure good for the Jets? So you can say I told you so?

2. NFL

NFL Active Member

You people who think Matt Simms is anything special are freaking delusional.

3. milo

milo Well-Known Member

I'm more concerned about what Ivory looks like. If the run game goes to hell early then I think Geno is forced into an unbalanced situation he's not ready for and has a long day. If Ivory gets going with Powell I think Geno manages things well enough to win.

I just hope he's watching Revis film all week.

4. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

Some hate on geno here and rooting for him to fail its insane. i guess you guys cant handle if he becomes a decent quarterback and less risky then Sanchez.

5. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I'm simply dumbfounded when "so called Jet fans" wish the opposition harm, never mind their own players. They are " the forever unhappy, let me throw shit on the wall and see what sticks" and go mopping about how shitty life is. What a sad life outside football they must have. They certainly don't belong in the NFL as fans, never mind the Jets.

6. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

+1. Not a huge fan of rooting for injuries in general, much less in a game.

7. DMarsh6

DMarsh6 Active Member

Alright I think he will have an impressive performance based on the low expectations...

By that I mean:

22-31 (70% completion)

265 yards
    2 td 1 pick

I consider that a pretty good day. Hopefully it's true with most importantly a JETS W

8. mute

mute Well-Known Member

how good is the buc defense minus revis?

9. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

It is pretty amazing how quickly people here are jumping on the Simms bandwagon off a couple of meaningless preseason games. It's equally amazing how many are already painting Geno Smith as an incompetent who can't get the job done.

Noone has any true idea about either one. It's impossible to formulate one off the limited body of work. Regardless of how Geno plays in week 1, 2, 3, 4 and so on, you need to give him time to develop. And no, his job isn't in jeopardy if he plays a few bad games.

Many of you are the same people who gave Mark Sanchez almost a 2 friggin year pass of ineptitude and horrible play yet now for some reason, you want to cast Geno away before he's ever had a shot. The hypocrisy here is ridiculous.

10. DMarsh6

DMarsh6 Active Member

this x 100000000

Agree on all points

11. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I picked average. Bucs have a very tough front line, Geno will be under pressure. They do have holes to exploit in the secondary however. Just avoid Revis. It will def be all about the passing game.

#51 Barcs, Sep 1, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2013
  12. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Thank you.

As much as I want Gino to have success I would like even more to see him start to get comfortable with the offense. Even if he plays poorly if he can show some fire and leadership ability then he is a huge upgrade. Our offense needs a leader to rally around. We need a fresh spark. Dont count Geno out in this area if he can bring some confidence on gameday?

13. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Ditto! Great post. Thanks for being a fellow voice of reason

14. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

This....how our running game goes is how Geno goes. If we can get a buck to a buck fifty on the ground we will be in the game with a shot to win. As per my earlier prediction if Geno has to put the rock up over 30 times...we are in deep shit. UNLESS, we are all wrong and Geno is tossing BB's and we light them up. Yet again, COULD happen. I've been on record as never seeing ANY of our QB's play in college so I'm only going on what I've seen from the preseason.

15. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

to quote mr T....
    PAIN

16. silent scream

silent scream Well-Known Member

Who said they were rooting for revis? Do you just invent reasons to be a condescending prick if you can't find one?

Congrats you win the big blocker award for forum excellence!

17. bloke911

bloke911 Active Member

280 yds
    2 td 1int
    60% completion and a win.

18. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

I feel people who feel Smith is anything special are freaking delusional. Simms looked better and has been on the team for over a year learning, listening and watching film in a pro environment. Smith has no f#cking clue and we already got to see what he knows of pro offenses and ready defenses.

19. Joeyd223

Joeyd223 New Member

Geno will throw 3-4 interceptions, and a fumble or 2

20. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Been painting that picture since January, and prayed we wouldn't draft him. I never thought Smith would be anything but a possible good backup and the fact we are going to start him when everyone knows he's far from ready, makes it even worse. I want the GM to get his ever dollars worth just not sure if it will be a crime drama or comedy.