NFL.com: Mark Sanchez unlikely to play week 1

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jeti, Aug 29, 2013.

1. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

Lots of running; they will really handcuff him. Sanchez starts vs the pats

2. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

He has been playing against people that aren't going to make final rosters. Seriously.

3. TheSHRIKE81

TheSHRIKE81 Member

Yeah I'm just talking about fundamentals. He looks better to me then geno and Sanchez is hurt... He just looks really good.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

4. onefanjet

onefanjet Well-Known Member

I don't see where this is confirmed, the Jets would be wise to hold their cards to their chest and make Tampa game plan for all three of these guys. Honestly, from what I see of Simms, he should get the nod. He has skill, he has confidence, makes good decision, and has command and presence. That's what I see, just sayin....

5. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

We lose week 1 in very ugly fashion with at least 5 interceptions.

Sanchez seemed to be in a very good mood tonight...not sure if that is just mark being mark or that is a guy that is excited to get ready to start in week 1. Hard to say he isn't playing until he tests out the shoulder.

#25 85inthehall, Aug 29, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
  6. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Hope Geno is ready. If he has a solid game or two I wonder if Sanchez plays another game for us.

7. 85inthehall

Ready? Ready for what? The NFL? Not even close! Eli Manning played tonight against NE...Geno should have gotten a series or two in tonight because this is a guy that needs some confidence. He will be a deer in headlights against a serious NFL opening day defense. They will blitz, disguise coverage, mix think up, and confuse the hell out of him. Smith will get booed early and often and the We Want Simms chants will start in the first half.

8. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

I hope but Rex lost his balls when he lost the weight.

Maybe Smith will suck so bad they put Simms in a halftime.

9. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Yeah...and Smith has played against who?? He stunk it up in equal parts to 1st stringers AND 2nd/3rd teamers...what are you trying to say?

10. 85inthehall

ESPN isn't reporting anything yet and Sanchez will meet with the medical staff this weekend. Still 10 days out from opening day.

11. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

and Smith really sparkled against 2nd team players...sanchez too...he was incredible against the giant 3rd team. Oh..but wait...he was playing with the Jets 3rd string offensive line..which Simms was not..oh wait...

12. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

I'm pro-Simms for Week 1 to be brutally honest.

13. 85inthehall

If it is Simms or Smith - i say Simms.

Sanchez healthy you go Sanchez. He has complete 66% and put 37 points on the board on his drives. He seems to be clicking with this offense.

14. jaywayne12

Bottom line is that this was not a real qb competition to see who the best qb was. McElroy got that call last year to start a game.

This "who did Simms play against" crap is nonsense because we saw both Sanchez and Smith play against 2nd and 3rd team players and both sucked.

While it could be said we never saw Simms play against first team defenses, we never saw him play behind a first team offensive line and throw to real NFL receivers. Not one play.

Again..Simms could be out of the league in 2 years...I have no friggin clue...but lets be honest here, Sanchez will not be a Jet next year and Smith is huge roll of the dice too. There was no line at the door to take this kid.

15. 85inthehall

My hope is Sanchez has an Alex Smith type rebirth.

I want to see the 2011 Sanchez without the mistakes. He does that with the defense playing solid this team can be entertaining.

16. jaywayne12

I would reluctantly agree to this just because Mark has been jerked around so much the last 2 years. Even though he has show signs this year of the same ole crap with dropping snaps and red zone turnovers..I would give hiim 2 or 3 games.

With that said the best qb of this competition was Simms. People are making it sound like its the hot thing to want Simms.

It would be wise to play back the last 2 games and watch where this kid put his passes. Have not seen a JET qb with this kind of arm strength and zip since...i cant think of anyone.

AGAIN..HE COULD SUCK...but are the Jets in a position not to find out if these two past games were just luck?

17. 85inthehall

browning nagle had some zip

18. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

If Geno starts, the Jets could go 0-16, while at the same time ruin his future. Sounds like a Jets move to me.

19. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I don't see why people think this? Because the Jets are going to have thier rookie QB throwing out of the back of his EZ consistently in a game that counts? Because it's locked in Geno is not improving one bit without playing a meaningful NFL snap?

This is just crazy talk, where a lot of people put "Sanchez" you just put "Geno".

20. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

I disagree. Geno has NOT improved. From game 1 to game 3 he looked the same. Granted he hurt his poor foot without being TOUCHED in game 1 but game 3 he really looked bad. He didn't look comfortable...he didn't look decisive. He was tentative, his mechanics looked bad...need I go on? I'm not saying he will suck forever...he just needs TIME....TIME in the system without putting him to the wolves to get his block knocked off before he is ready. It would not only be a disservice to the entire team but to Geno himself and his future. Simms, on the other hand...looks ready!