The Geno Smith "Era" (Official Geno Thread) - All Geno Talk in here!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Apr 26, 2013.

1. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

just because he has never done it before doesnt mean he isnt capable of doing it. ive never made an apple pie before, but im sure i could do it if i wanted to.

im not saying he will be good, or will be able to do those things, but saying he cant with the reason being he wasnt asked to before seems extremely inconclusive

2. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

fantastic post. and well put.

3. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Please do yourself a favor and rewatch the game. He was late on almost every throw, and most of the time the receivers had to slow down or adjust to the ball being behind them. Not to mention the over throws or balls into the turf.

When did he give up on the safety, before or after he ran out of bounds?

4. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

Already rewatched most of the first half focusing on Geno which prompted the response. I rewatched Mark's 10/13 game two weeks ago too, and broke down every pass. Yes I pay attention to how well these guys throw the ball, and Geno throws it much better.

He was trying to get out of the pocket to throw the ball away. Stepping out of bounds is a rookie mistake, but at least he realized the situation and was trying to do the right thing.

5. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

I agree that Geno may be this team's future - I can see you are excited about that. Let's not lower the bar too much.

6. mute

mute Well-Known Member

was looking for highlights and ran into this. Old but new to me :rofl2:

[YOUTUBE]fobic5o_K7w[/YOUTUBE]

7. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

man what kind of rookie QB gets a start and gets just barely above 50% of his passes completed along with 3 interceptions? I mean in this day and age of all times!

one things for sure that rookie wouldn't be ready and would definitely have to sit and learn behind somebody else before they became so.

Smith is no Andrew Luck thats for sure, he would never have a game like that...

8. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

And knows his end zone pretty well.

9. laxin

laxin Active Member

Thats just wrong. Get your facts straight before you shit on someone. He called plays, and he was allowed to audible at the LOS.

Hey Troll. Why dont you pop your head in again the next time Geno sucks, since apparently thats the only time you feel necessary to post on this board.

#2329 laxin, Aug 25, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2013
  10. laxin

laxin Active Member

Jesus Christ, you guys are some of the worst fans (channelling my inner junc). The guy had a bad game. Now most of you are claiming him to be absolute garbage and someone that will never be a starting QB. Its ONE fucking PREseason game.

Chill the fuck out.

He made rookie mistakes, and a few pad throws. Get your fucking panties out of a wad and give the guy some actual playing time before you declare him a bust. Its funny how many of you were talking about him being the future of the QB position here, and then he plays poorly in a preseason game and he's a bust and was never cut out for the position. Something wrong there if you ask me.

#2330 laxin, Aug 25, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2013
  11. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Even though I agree Luck will most likely be the better QB, Luck was up there in INTs last year and he often took so many chances down field and got burnt for it.

12. BakerMaker

People get spoiled about instant QB success, especially after last year and all.

Especially with the talent around him, Geno needs time. Its debatable to have him start week 1 or not(Might be forced to) and I have no problem with either side but to say he won't ever be good based off last night and of selective games in college is laughable.

13. TonyMaC

that was my sort of my point. Luck had struggles too, he's better than smith and probably always will be, but even some of the touted rookies of last year had some side effects.

we shouldn't give smith longer than he's due, but one game where he had a few mistakes isn't worth the hate he's getting, not for one game anyway.

14. BakerMaker

Why do people think Geno is some run first QB? Is it because of his skin color? I am serious....the guy is athletic but this isn't Newton or Pryor or RG3 or Kaepernick....he's a throw 1st QB.

Geno was/is a much better passer than White. White's better as a runner and in the wildcat but Geno is so far along in many aspects than Pat.

15. TonyMaC

you know, even given the fact that he's certainly more if a pocket passer, i question if he should use his legs a bit more than he did. but maybe the opportunity didn't call for it.

16. BakerMaker

I can somewhat agree but I think he thinks he can make every throw.

Manuel is more run happy and isn't afraid to run for yards....Geno more so thinks he can deliver the ball on target. I would like to see Geno scramble some more but he's still so young and once he gets his happy feet out of him and adjusts to the speed of the game, he will start to play loose/comfortable.

17. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I kind of figured Sanchez would start and then flame out by the bye week at which point Geno would come in. That may still happen depending on the injury to Sanchez.

18. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

why do you think that people think geno is a run first qb? i haven't really noticed people saying that geno is a run first qb. he certainly wasn't a running qb in college so i don't know where you are hearing all these people supposedly saying that he is a run first qb.

19. hobgoblin

hobgoblin Well-Known Member

It's unbelievable how much everyone is crying after three quarters in a preseason game.

20. nyjetsknicks247

nyjetsknicks247 Well-Known Member

It's pretty simple to me

Geno just isnt ready to start yet......if Sanchez can play they are better off starting him and letting Geno sit and learn...not every qb is ready to start right away