Can't wait for Rex to be fired

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by tomdeb, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Joewillie78

Joewillie78 Banned

As I said, that post could not be responded to with any sort of logic so I let it go. He has written some amazing posts but that one was a classic!

2. Joewillie78

Joewillie78 Banned

UH, Lack of knowledge of offensive football is NOT personality
    Lack of in game management is NOT personality
    Lack of time, and time out management is NOT personality

Losing his lockeroom and players makes him a great motivator?

Sorry, personality is the last reason I want him fired, I want him fired because he is nothing more than a glorified DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR, and no wheres near a satisfactory head coach!

3. Don't forget Adrian Murrell & Marvin Washington(Even though he was cut during Parcells first TC).

I agree w/ you. I know darksiders on here will get hung up on how they performed under Kotite & the 1-15 thing.. but overall talent wasn't that team's issue. It was coaching & depth.Parcells did a good turnaround but he never finished the job & those Jets teams were no worse than the Dallas,New England & Giant teams he took over.

4. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

My source for Rex being too loyal are my OWN TWO EYES. I never wanted Tebow on the team and a 2 QB rotation will never work in the NFL. That being said, Rex's undying, blind loyalty to the worst starter in the NFL is ridiculous. How much more does your QB have to kill you with back breaking turnovers and numbskull plays before you bench him? Much less repeatedly endorsing him as "our best chance to win."

Rex has no one to blame for himself for the Tebow situation as he ran his mouth constantly in pre-season about the potential for Tebow to play 30-40 snaps a game. It was all hype and nonsense on his part. But that is truly besides the point. It's not about Tebow. It's about Rex. He's just not a good head coach. As a DC, sure. But he's not a professional head coach. Just like Sanchez is not a starting caliber NFL QB.

5. Joewillie78

Joewillie78 Banned

Being a so called "darksider", I have to agree that YEAH, I am hung up on the 1-15 record. Its very hard NOT TO BE, almost as hard as being hung up on 0-16 if that had been their record!

6. Nobody is saying the 96 Jets were ANYTHING but a shame/major blemish in Jets history. Those teams QUIT on what was a lousy coaching staff to begin w/. Additionally they had awful special teams & no back-up plan whenever a key starter went down w/ an injury.

But..there was top line talent.There were some fixtures for Parcells to build something better around.

7. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

If you are going to say that Rex is too loyal, don't point to Tebow. Point to him continuing to play Bart Scott over Demario Davis.

And tell me, what was the excuse last year by those who said that was justified? That he wasn't ready? Well what has been Demario Davis' problem this preseason? That he has looked lost.

I made this point last season but it got glossed over by the homers. In a lost season you play the up and coming rookie to prepare him for the next year so he doesn't look lost. You don't continue to ram a veteran that came from your former team down people's throats, even though he is getting slower by the minute. A flaw that is un-fixable.

That is a good example of Rex being too loyal. Not Tim fucking Tebow.

8. fltflo

fltflo Active Member

An how long did that ( great coach) abet money whore hang around before bugging out. An what kind of shape cap wise did he leave the franchise in. Oh and Herm, yeah the HC who was back stabbing the franchise by dealing with KC trying to hook up another job.

#288 fltflo, Aug 22, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
  9. BookEndTackles 72&79

Nothing but hyperbole, speculation and conjecture. Wasn't it Bill Parcells himself who said "You are what your record says you are"?? I guess you disagree with an all time great coach then. No surprise you are on the other side of that argument since you "understand" the game better than an all time great coach.

10. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Please don't use Bill Parcells' asinine quote as evidence. People love to go there but it is idiotic to pretend that all teams with the same record are equal in quality.

It is pretty simple. All teams with the same record have the same record. No more, no less.

11. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

No coach wins w/o talent, the core of the '98 team was here when he took over. He is an all time great HC, I appreciate everything he did in taking us out of the dark ages but he had talent to work with when he got here and if we use the "you are what your record says" line then rex has 4 playoff wins and 2 title game apps vs. 1 playoff win and 1 title game app for BP so I guess Rex wins?

12. BookEndTackles 72&79

That's fair but the point is there are no "very talented" 1-15 and 3-13 teams of which their record was the previous two years before Parcells took over. To say otherwise is just ludicrous.

13. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

I don't know enough about those teams to argue either way on that issue.

14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

It's actually a pretty logical post that you can't respond to because you really haven't displayed much of a sense of logic.

That 1-15 team had plenty of talent that needed good coaching to be effective. That's pretty much what junc said and the fact that you will deny that roster had a lot of talent is pretty fucking stupid, actually. Why don't you go ahead and make an argument as to why those players weren't talented?

Instead, you just latch onto one line from that post and continue to look like a doofus.

Bill Parcells would never go to a team bereft of core talent, only one bereft of coaching.

15. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

He'd go to Cowboys. And Dolphags. Oh what?

16. nyjunc

here are the players he inherited for 1997:

Neil O'Donnell- played in 2 title games and a SB
    Adrian Murrell-1200 yd rusher from the previous season
    Keyshawn Johnson- #1 overall pick the year before
    Wayne Chrebet-
    Jeff Graham- solid starter
    Kyle Brady- great blocking TE
    Fred Baxter- good backup TE
    Jumbo Elliot- SB champ LT
    Matt O'Dwyer- very solid G
    David Williams- big money FA RT from year before

Hugh Douglas- ROY 2 years earlier, one of games best pass rushers
    Mo Lewis- may be best LB in Jets history
    Marvin Jones- 1995 team MVP, finally healthy and very good LB
    Aaron Glenn- multiple PBer, good cover corner
    Ray Mickens- excellent nickel corner
    Victor Green- one of best safeties in team history
    Marcus Coleman- raw playmaker who would have great '99 season
    Chad Cascadden- excellent STer, good role player on D

do you think a decent coach could win some games w/ that group? do you think thye were closer to 1 win talent(1996) or 9 win talent(1997)?

17. nyjunc

He's not off to a good start here, his posts seem like a 2nd account from one of our other posters.

18. abyzmul

The Cowboys had a talented core of players (not as talented as the Jets 1-15 team had but talented nonetheless) that was led by the great Dave Campo.

Oh what?

What year did he coach the Dolphins again? I know you're trying to be literal about what I said, but this IS a thread about coaching, correct?

#298 abyzmul, Aug 22, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
  19. abyzmul

Don't get me started...

20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Bill Parcells was not brought in to rebuild the Jets. That's a misconception. Bill Parcells was brought in to take a team that had gone 4-26 the two previous seasons and win a Super Bowl in two years.

He almost pulled it off.

He never planned to rebuild the Jets and once Leon Hess passed away he had no reason to stick around and he didn't.

If Bill Parcells had been brought it to rebuild the Jets Peyton Manning would be a Jet.