ESPN: Holmes could be 'close' to returning

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jay Bizniss, Aug 19, 2013.

1. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

He is a jackass and a cancer but unfortunately we need him

2. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

who gives a shit how he does it? only thing I care about is whether he plays or not, what it takes for him to do so.

I am not his friend or his family or anyone that has any vested interest in his health beyond whether he is healthy enough to play. and if he is healthy enough to play in a couple of weeks, I couldn't care less whether is appeared he wouldn't be able to a few weeks ago.

3. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Again, I applaud his trolling the media. Absolute beauty move, think about how the media pisses on this team. Everybody from top to bottom should be giving Mehta and Cimini mixed signals.

4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Because I don't want Holmes getting suspended for taking some drug to accelerate this recovery maybe? You have to look at it from all angles. I just find it weird how quickly he went from barely walking to running at full speed.

So yeah I give a shit.

5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

i have been calling this all year long, holmes has been playing this up the whole way

6. Getting Holmes back would be huge. Even if he isn't quite as good as he was pre-injury..he's just another quick shifty guy w/ breakaway speed.

Holmes/Kerley/Hill/Gates is a really good start & is a corps w/ some definite traits to build an offense around. Obamanu, Edwards,Spadola & Rogers are 4 great names fighting for 1 maybe 2 spots. This is all really good stuff.

Love the way our TE's can stretch the field too. Durability will be the key

7. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Everything you just said coupled with Powell who is a sleeper, Ivory who can be very explosive and wear defenses down, and Goodson who has that home run speed and can hit that edge very quickly, and we have ourselves a Top 10 offense in the NFL... Now to figure out who is going to be getting these people the ball..

8. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

If Holmes was really just screwing with the media, he earned some points with me.

9. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

I wonder if the reason he has come out and started running is because Maurice Jones-Drew had the same injury and played for the first time Saturday night...

Or maybe this is coming from the Jets PR department and they wanted to make it seem like he wasn't coming back for at least 6 games, but now ticket sales aren't doing so well and they wanted to spark some excitement back in Jet fans, so they tell him to go out there and run...

I have no fucking clue..

10. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

He was already running when he made that announcement to the media.

11. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

^Lol yeah.

He was seen jogging away after he told them he wasnt able to run. I love it. Fuck Cimini, fuck Mehta, fuck Serby, fuck Peter King, fuck McManus, fuck Florio, and fuck Mehta again cause hes a spineless little twerp.

#51 Jake, Aug 19, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
  12. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

jogging is not running. glad that he is making some progress. This is a very serious injury that has wrecked numerous NFL careers. Hope that Santonio can make a full recovery.

13. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

This really puts it into perspective. That is just some really, really nasty stuff. While I get that a lot of football players have screws in them, this is absolutely nuts. His recovery is pretty solid at this point, and if he's playing in the first couple of weeks, it's nothing short of remarkable.

14. laxin

laxin Active Member

Please. That game was lost before it even started. Holmes fumbling a ball had nothing to do with the ultimate outcome- a big "L"

I believe he was being sarcastic and criticizing the previous poster who called Holmes a cancer.

And I personally never really how bad his injury actually was. Wow. Im surprised he can even run after that. The guy has 4 screws holding his foot together, and people are criticizing him for fumbling a ball? Please.

15. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

What? Top 10 offense?

16. Barcs

Barcs Banned

And not a single thing you said has anything to do with football. I'm a Holmes supporter because he was integral in us getting the biggest playoff win in recent history (beating the Pats on the road), and in us getting to that game in the first place. He hasn't had any legit issues since the end of 2011. You aren't saying anything with that post. "Durrrr, just listen to the guy talk". Yeah great explanation. Amazing details!

And the personal insults start. See what I said about people turning into boiling tea kettles whenever his name is mentioned? It just invokes so much hate and emotional drama. I appreciate you taking the time to prove my point. Who cares if he did that? If you got a huge promotion at work, would you not celebrate with your friends? People do it all the time and pictures end up on facebook. It's not even remotely close to a big deal. For crying out loud, mention something other than petty drama! Football matters. Only drama queens care about a picture of him drinking to celebrate a huge promotion.

#56 Barcs, Aug 19, 2013
  17. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I was being sarcastic, but I can see you not realizing it because those are actual arguments the Holmes haters use on many occasions. I'm a big Holmes supporter. It seems like many folks on here would rather see us lose and get a high pick, than to have Holmes play well and us win. The guy was playing great until he got hurt last year, he was looking to prove something and playing with a hunger, and I believe when he comes back this year, he'll have the same attitude. I was pretty pissed when ESPN radio started saying crap like Holmes will miss the whole season and sit out the last bunch of games to save himself for a contract. Pretty much utter stupidity. Holmes did troll the media and they bought it hook, line and sinker. That's awesome. They deserve it.

#57 Barcs, Aug 19, 2013
  18. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Yeah I thought he was "jogging"

Hell if he trolls the media that would be great

19. Gator

Gator Active Member

Screw Keller. Get better Santonio. Jersey color is important in these news stories....not whether the player in question is a 'good guy'. We need Santonio back catching passes and Keller would hurt us if he was in there against us.......and that's that.

20. Thank you. So sick of hearing the hate for Holmes. It's ignorant & embarassing.

Could care less if a guy is good off the field as long as he makes plays. Holmes makes plays. And for the record he does arguably more charity work than anybody else on the team.

Too many in this fan base just have to have a scapegoat. It's become tiresome.