What would it take to restore your faith in Sanchez?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DMarsh6, Aug 15, 2013.

?

Would something similar to this make you want to keep Sanchez?

1. Yes

78.7%
  2. No

21.3%
  1. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

i believed in sanchez up until last season. i blamed schottenheimer for the sputtering offense and saw sanchez nut-up at the end of many games and pull wins from the jaws of defeat.
    then last year happened and i came to the conclusion that - while i still find schottenheimer's offense amazingly boring - sanchez was just as much to blame. and maybe schottenheimer was just protecting what he knew to be a weak link.
    that said, who knows... i'm no expert and it seems sparano was pretty bad too. i guess, if mornhingweg gives sanchez and better playbook and sanchez delivers, i can change my mind again on sanchez.
    i'm not expecting that to happen, but it wouldn't be the most shocking thing ever.

2. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

A season like that would be
    Lombardi or Bust....

3. CaneJet

CaneJet Well-Known Member

Or, my faith in Sanchez remains unrestored.

4. laxin

laxin Active Member

Lol. Thats perfect.

5. buddapaw

buddapaw Well-Known Member

Stop acting like a spurned bitch bro, "you went so hard for him and look what he did"

[​IMG]

6. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Sanchez needs to play better and not commit turnovers. Its very simple.

7. RIPJimLeonhard

RIPJimLeonhard Well-Known Member

If the kid goes for 4k yards and 32 TD's with only 12 picks, we would be crazy to not want him back.

8. hobgoblin

hobgoblin Well-Known Member

I'm one of the people that always tried to give him the benefit of the doubt. I was a believer right up until last Thanksgiving. That wasn't just a bad game, it was an embarrassment.

I think the best thing for everyone would be for the Jets and Sanchez to part ways. I wish him the best of luck, but I think the team is better served seeing what they have with Geno and looking to the future.

9. southsidejet

southsidejet Member

It's very clear that there's a massively polarized view of Sanchez based on his performance since late 2011 and through to the present

There are those who consider he has not been adequately developed but are willing to give some consideration to an uplift in his play given a bona fide OC in Morninwheg, his flashes of good play and the cost in having him on the bench

There are those who are clearly done with him and want a new era to begin and who will focus on every single niggle in his play

Personally I want to see what he can do this season before we throw him away. If he can increase pass completion to around 65%, reduce picks to 12 for the regular season and put points on the board consistently I'd be happy

If he totally blows bring Smith in after the bye and see what we have in him.

However in an attempt to unify the polarity and bring some shits and giggles to the board I'd invite you all to consider this charming musical interlude which I have not seen posted anywhere on TGG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1F9Wv46QvV0#at=65

I am in no way advocating this become a TGG anthem if Sanchez pulls it out of the bag.

edit: Looks like I've messed up embedding the video any advice?

#149 southsidejet, Aug 17, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2013
  10. Rex Must Go

Rex Must Go New Member

Beyond the stats and how the turnovers have to be cut down drastically, it really comes down to how many wins, how far do the Jets go, and did he play well and contribute?

11. southsidejet

southsidejet Member

screwed up again please ignore

#151 southsidejet, Aug 17, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2013
  12. feldspar

feldspar Member

To restore my faith in Sanchez, he'll have to undergo a talent transplant.

13. Jets Esq.

Jets Esq. Guest

If he wins the QB competition and has about a 90 QBR or better, I'll be fully on board. Or if he wins a Super Bowl.

14. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

$8.5 million reasons to hate this plague