What would it take to restore your faith in Sanchez?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DMarsh6, Aug 15, 2013.

?

Would something similar to this make you want to keep Sanchez?

1. Yes

78.7%
  2. No

21.3%
  1. cval

cval Well-Known Member

You are just bitter because your butt buddy tebow is not a real Qb.

2. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Jet Green, of course.

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Seriously... how can anyone take the opinion of a guy who wanted Tebow to start last season without busting into laughter? Not even with reading.

4. abyzmul

Agreed on all three.

5. abyzmul

Our schedule based on what?

Power rankings? Based on last season?

Our schedules in 09 and 10 were considered pretty brutal.

Stop basing your opinion on the schedule, because you don't know what support the defense can provide if he plays lights out. Which is unlikely.

If a QB plays lights out in this league and has the kind of potential our defense does, all bets are off.

6. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

That's a very good question. Here are my criteria.
    1. No less than 60% completion.
    2. No more than 30% turnover / TD ratio. This includes INT and fumbles combined.
    3. Most importantly, the "eye" test. He must stop making idiotic decisions. No more throwing into triple+ coverage. No more holding the ball instead of throwing it away and visa versa.

The time frame for this is one whole season. Sanchez's biggest problem is inconsistency. I don't care if he plays like second coming of Montana for a game or two; it's not enough. The criteria above are based on whole season. I guess you could call in 4th criteria.

If all this happens, I'll gladly change my avatar. Like Byz said, most anti-Mark crowd doesn't hate him, but I'm disappointed and no longer believe in him. I'd love nothing more if Mark proves me wrong, but I very much doubt it'll happen.

#66 RuJFan, Aug 15, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
  7. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

The numbers in the OP are just insane and unrealistic but yes if he ever did attain them I think that would be enough to finally get the pressure off his back.

The real question is what if he has a good, not great season? Say 3500 yards passing, 28 TD's, 15 INT's? (which in itself is a quantum leap over anything aside from his second season in the league) Is it going to take great to get the pressure off or will merely competent/good suffice?

8. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

In a nutshell, this is what everybody wants; Sanchez doesn't even have to play lights out. As long as he plays consistent and smart football, taking some shots down the field once in a while, this team has a potential to go very deep in the playoffs.

9. NotSatoshiNakamoto

[​IMG]

10. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Not for me, "good" is not good enough. He was good in his first two years. That was because the team around him was stellar. I want Jets to have QB for years to come, through up and downs of roster. I want someone who would be able to carry the team over a rough patch when vets are replaced with rookies and really shine when all pieces are in place.

Once upon a time I thought Sanchez could do that. Now to be moved toward believing in it again, I need to see consistently superb performance in this one season he still have a shot at showing anything.

11. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

If we could get a Smith-Kaepernick situation in NY, then I would gladly accept Sanchez.

12. joe

joe Well-Known Member

That is patently wrong.

The overwhelming majority of this board ripped those two weepy dweebs to no end once that pick was announced.

I don't know where you're coming from with that revisionist history.

[​IMG]

13. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

And let's say Hypothetically I get a date with (fill in name of hot actress here), does that mean I'm a stud?

The odds of Sanchez pulling that type of year are about the same as me dating a hot starlet.
    That said, I'd be happy if he could just produce an efficient NFL average year. Just average, nothing flashy. 59-60% completion rate, 1.5 TD to turnover rate, aka for every 2 turnovers he throws 3 TD's, aka 20 TD's to 13 turnovers, and a Average yard per attempt of around 6.8 or better.

So basically a career year, and if he put up those numbers only he'd be in need of a severe paycut, average QB's don't make 12 Million a year.

14. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

4500 yards 49 TD 3 INT 2 Fumbles is the only way to erase the horrors that I have seen in the last couple of years from Sanchez.

My worst fear is that he plays just good enough to get us a wild card bid and we keep his ass for another 5 years and never see what Geno could have been..

15. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Bah-Bye Geno....we hardly knew ya.

16. MenOverGod

MenOverGod Well-Known Member

If he somehow has RG3's TD ratio. That's too much but 26/12 I can live with. If he doesn't lose us any games

17. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

It's pretty much a guarantee that Sanchez is losing at least 3 games a season for us.. All by himself.

18. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

sure i would love for him to start in 14 if he plays like that this year. problem is he will not play like that this year. he has never played like that and i am not sure he could ever play like that.

19. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

nailed it

20. abyzmul

I won't disrespect the OP with claims of insanity, because it is a thread of hypothetical nature... But what you posted is near what my argument is. The hypothetical that the OP presents is something that many people can't consider.

I'm not saying it's impossible, because we have seen the impossible done many times in this sport.

Your scenario is sort of similar to mine, of you just mesh the nature of the turnovers.

If Sanchez ends up as an above average and consistent QB this season, I think that the rest of the team will be able to help win a significant number of games.

No disrespect to DMarsh. I think this is a great thread.