What would it take to restore your faith in Sanchez?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DMarsh6, Aug 15, 2013.

?

Would something similar to this make you want to keep Sanchez?

1. Yes

78.7%
  2. No

21.3%
  1. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Hobbes, if you have to have an Obama avatar why not use this one:

http://tv.msnbc.com/2013/08/14/gop-congressman-invites-obama-rodeo-clown-to-perform/

And to answer the Sanchez argument: I criticized Schotty and blamed him for screwing Sanchez's chances at success. I celebrated when Schotty resigned. I was amazed by Mark's performance against the Bills the first game of the season.

Then it went all too shit. New OC, same outcome. Marty sucked but so does Sanchez.

We are going to lose our DC this year because of his love for Mark. Rex can only blame his tattoo when he is let go.

The fix is in, Mark will be our starting QB, and we will be in the Top 10 of the draft again next year.

The hurt ankle just gave Rex some breathing room for starting his boy.

2. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

The question is, since those are franchise QB numbers, what do we do with Geno?

3. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

If he doesn't will you leave?

I feel pretty confident. Do you?

4. mute

mute Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

It would take far less than those stats for me to get hope back for Sanchez.

I think hope should have been the theme for this thread.

I don't think I've ever had faith in him, because outside of some clutch if not impressive playoff performances, he has never really justified any faith. That's something that comes with consistency.

He's never had consistency. Ever.

I've had hope that he would improve for years because of the flashes that he has shown.

You just cannot blame that consistent lack of execution solely on coordinators, no matter what some obsessive, drooling man-fans will tell you.

For me, to actually gain faith in him for the first time, it would have to be something like 28TDs with 10INTs and 5Fumb.

Spread across the season at random and not clustered across 5 games.

I don't need him to be a world beater this season. I need him to be consistent, and a strength to the team.

Otherwise, certain people will be throwing Marty Morninweg under the bus as well.

6. DMarsh6

DMarsh6 Active Member

If Sanchez finds a way to do what Eli did and somehow get it all together... shit man with Rex at the helm on D this team would be scary for a while

7. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

I'm pretty confident you hate sanchez more than you like the jets.

You should post here from now on: http://www.talk-sports.net/nfl/sucks.aspx/Mark_Sanchez

I bet they would treat you like a god.

8. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

You're crazy

He bailed out teammates

He was off target most of his completions

3 20 yard plays- 1 to Winslow which is a pick if the defender had any awareness , Kerley(I think) made the play himself and Cumberlands man fell down there's no way Mark could miss a wide open player is there

You blame the OC, the skill players for everything

I guess it's their fault Mark has poor accuracy, timing and awareness

Like I said the play calling wasn't always great and Sanchez wasn't always shit but he's not the QB you make him out to be

I detailed a perfect situation in another thread about how I would have handled Mark

Also lets stop Schotty bashing he's been gone for 2 years now and Mark is still making silly mistakes

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Disagree. People not having faith in him does not equate to him being hatred across the board since day one.

Maybe you should take a look a the threads on this forum from January of 09 and 10 before pouring diarrhea on your keyboard.

10. DMarsh6

DMarsh6 Active Member

I think this is a pretty damn good accurate assessment. I would sign up for those numbers any day as well

11. DMarsh6

DMarsh6 Active Member

oh my how times have changed lol

12. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Last year my friends said Sanchez wasn't a top half QB

I went so hard for him and look what he did

Just can't give him props until he earns them

13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

If Sanchez plays consistently well the Jets are going to win 12 games or so. That would be more than enough to get me interested in watching him again. If he plays like an average QB the Jets will win 10 games, that's Alex Smith territory. If he plays like he's been playing his whole career thus far the Jets will win like 6 games and we'll all want to move on as quickly as possible.

14. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

If he takes care of the football and actually utilize some of his natural ability. If he develops the ability to read defenses, adjust the line protection, throw the ball away when nothing is there. I'd be happy to go into 2014 with him starting.

15. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

Even if MS plays lights out I still don't c winning more than 9 games. Our sked is brutal in October and we are gonna suffer a couple injuries. Depth is nowhere to be found.

16. Combustible Rextible

I would like to see a QB rating in the top 15 this year. I don't think that is too much to ask.

17. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Who are the 3 people who don't want Sanchez to stay in that case?

18. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

12 games he is back

10 games average qb ,the 10 game is actually the worst case scenario since we would probably make the play offs but still need franchise qb. and probably hadn't seen geno enough to know what to do. we could end up in that middle of the pack rut where we never get a shot at drafting a legit star.

6 games, we don't have a 6 win season with mark starting 16 games and he is gone.

19. MoWilkNYJ

MoWilkNYJ Well-Known Member

I just want to stop going "ugh" after a third of his passes. I want to stop being pleasantly surprised after a good throw, I want it to be the norm.

If he can manage a 2TD:1Int ratio that would be great. Is there any way we can keep him but for less money, like we did with Pace?

20. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

That would be awesome, what color is the sky in that world? Would he be able to shoot laser beams from his eyes?