17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

The hype for Revis should be enough to have the game sold out. Plus by the end of pre-season, most of us will convince ourselves that we will be better then predicted. I did last year and u can't look worse then we did last pre-season. No TD's till the 3rd stringers in the last game. Should have seen it coming but no, I am a Jet fan and I am in denial.

2. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Oh people want to see Revis, the problem is you can't see anything from the upper deck

3. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Oh please, I sit in row 8 30 yd. line. The view is fine. Is it as good as the old place, no, but its fine. Still better then sitting home.

4. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

You can sit at home and get a similar view if your basement is 70 feet long and you set up a 13" TV at one end and then sit at the other. Then the view of the ants running around on the field is about equal.

5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Ditto,,,,,,have to agree with this :beer:

6. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Good luck. Mike & Mike on there ESPN show today said best will be 4-12. As that circulate around the media that will also have a most negative effect on tix sales. :sad:

7. Section 227. Row 5

Did they really say that? That surprises me.

8. GordonGecko

You trust what retards have to say? If Rex grows a pair and starts Geno, all bets are off.

You know that in any given year Rex can put together a top tier defense. It's all about offense. I think the Jets are going to go 8-8 or 7-9

9. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I am not surprised at all. The media is just continuing there piling on from last year not taking into effect anything that we did in the off season or the 2nd and 3rd year draft picks we have on the team. Maybe they will be right, but I always enjoy when the media picks us to suck. I know we always suck when they say we are going to be good, that's for sure.

Oh yea. I can see thousands of Jet fans dropping there plans to go to a game because Mike and Mike picked us to go 4-12. Woody must be crapping in his pants. Come on Man!!!!

10. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

When nobody has faith in the Jets is when they turn it up and surprise everybody... I think we go 9-7 and sneak into the playoffs with a wildcard berth... And once we are in the playoffs we are all 0-0.. Have faith! This team is nowhere near as bad as ESPN/NFL Network portrays us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

11. Section 227. Row 5

Well, actually, I CAN see some fans listening to this crap and not bothering with tickets. Don't forget, there are tens of thousands of "casual" Jets fans out there... fair weather fans and not Season Ticketholders like yourself, who actually watch these guys and Boomer and Carton and believe what these "experts" are telling them. They've got a seven-year old who is on the fence between being a Giants fan or a Jets fan or whatever because daddy watches all the games.

So when it comes time to maybe take the kid to a game, he's like, "Well, I could take him to a Giants game but I know it'll be expensive but at least they might win. If I take him to a Jets game (if I even want to do that) the tickets will be cheap and they'll probably lose, according to all these ANALists. Why do I want to do that? I'll stay away from the Jets right now and see if I can find inexpensive Giants tickets. At least they have a shot of winning."

12. championjets69

U probably do not yet understand the "power" of the press. Lets say as a guess 20 million people nation wide heard that broadcast & made a judgement on it because those 20 million people know that Greeny is a NYJ fan & Golick was a former FB player so they must know what they are talking about. If I was Woody & when I was made aware of what was aired I would be pretty pissed off as he can now expect his tix sales to take a further dive then already has occurred. Try to expand your horizon to see the big pix instead of the NYJ tunnel vision you appear to have from your reply to my original post :sad:

13. championjets69

I think U also to try to broaden your horizon instead of thinking of the NYJs with your NYJ tunnel vision. :sad:

14. championjets69

Well good for U I will bookmark this for season end hopefully U R correct but really our final record is not a factor since if we do not appear & win the SB no matter what our record is has no bearing since the season itself had no value if we are not the SB champs. :sad:

15. Section 227. Row 5

I am SUPER excited to see what Geno can do in the offseason and how well he progresses. If you watched the video after the first practice he said he knows he has a long way to go but he's working at it hard.

I don't think there's a snowball's chance in hell of him starting in the opener, mind you (unless Sanchez really, really fucks up badly in practice and the comparison between the two is glaringly obvious), but I do think, if they give Geno enough snaps with the #1s and he looks good, I do think there is a possibility that Sanchez gets pulled one more time (we'd have to be 2-6, 2-7, something like that).

I just can't stand the guy. I just can't stand even looking at him anymore. Don't want to see him on teh field, don't want to see him at the podium, just don't want him on the team, period.

16. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

4-12?

What are they smoking? Defense will be better than last year for sure and with a new offense Jets will win at least 7 and more if certain breaks go their way.

17. GordonGecko

What's the over/under on buttfumbles this season?

18. Section 227. Row 5

Even the douche-kit Manish piles on:

"Ryan maintained that “every single team is talented, including us,” but the truth is that Johnson and new general manager John Idzik have given Ryan the nearly impossible task to win this year with one of the least talented rosters in the NFL."

Shit like that does wonders for ticket sales... oh yeah.

19. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

defense should be stout. at least top 10.
    if the running game comes around and sanchez keeps the turnovers to a minimal i see 7-9 wins.
    browns panthers raiders titans 2 against bills and dolphins

20. Section 227. Row 5

\

The turnovers. The turnovers.

OMG I'm getting that sick feeling in my stomach again.