NJ.com: 2011, the Jets gave Harris the biggest contract of any ILB in NFL history

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Axel3419, Jun 25, 2013.

1. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

T-Baum was fundamentaly flawed like our politicians in DC. Keep spending even though we have no way to pay/fit under the cap.

2. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

Screw Revis... He is long gone and isnt thinking about the Jets. How many times could we renegotiate someones contract in like a 4 year window span. We did good without him on defense last year and hopefully it was a blessing in disguise and really we undervalued Cromarties value to the team. From the looks of it Cromartie stepped up and put the young players under his wing and is showing them how to be a Vet and professional in the league.

3. murksauce

murksauce Member

Man.... I am excited to see these DBs now that they were able to bond and work together as a unit in Cro's camp. I dont know if other teams do that but I have to give Cro props for getting that started with the Jets (Even though Revis did it in a smaller fashion)

4. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Yeah Cromartie has changed his attitude completely in the past year. Hard to believe he had character concerns just two seasons ago. Even with the way the Jets treated him when Nnamdi was a FA and we were pursuing him heavily over Cro, he sucked it up and lived up to all of his potential. It says a lot of him as a person- he got the big contract when CBs were a hot commodity, and he has actually improved as a player and a teammate.

You can't say this about many players after they sign their big contract. I hope he retires a Jet

5. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Exactly... except you forgot the most important part...

All of that, thanks to Revis. He gives 100% credit to Revis for his turnaround. Particularly to a "Talk" they had... amazing to think that Revis was even contributing off the field being so greedy and selfish.

6. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Sorry it's taken me so long to respond, havent been active in a while.

I have to disagree. Harris is not good at all against the run. Watch what happens to him without Scott. We only see the good plays Harris makes, which are few. He plays on average probably about 75 snaps a game, the majority of those snaps are unproductive. He's one of the most overrated players out there.

His pass coverage is actually decent, he seems to always be around the ball which is a good thing. That's why he has some memorable picks (Eli, Brady). But as an overall player he isn't that good.

7. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

His skill set is better suited against the run, totally agree. But his best production has come in coverage (and he's not all that great at that either). Scott was the one opening things up for him to make plays. There is a reason Ryan made Scott his first priority in 2009 when he took over.

He grades out terribly against the run on Pro Football Focus, and has for the majority of his career.

#47 kevmvp, Jul 20, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2013
  8. I feel the same way. Cromartie worked hard both on the field & off to gain his respect.

Interesting to note..with his improved tackling he maybe able to make the transition to free safety in a couple years when he loses some of his movement. He definitely has the size & hips to do it.