HYPOTHETICAL: What If Rex Was Fired

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jeti, Jul 17, 2013.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I didn't know you were online or I would have.

2. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Any coach who can return to the scene of the crime a few weeks later and beat Tom Brady in the playoffs is good enough for me.

The cherry on the cake is running for his life down a narrow alley with really pissed off 1000 pound bulls with really sharp horns trying to kill him. who the fuck does that? REX RYAN!!! that's who!

3. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Sanchez would still be here because shedding him is not worth the $17m cap hit. That's almost 1/6th of the entire cap (IIRC the cap is $120m), we'd be unable to acquire anyone let alone upgrade the position. The D would take a major step back and the offense would probably still be dogshit. We'd be looking at 3-13/4-12.... the kind of shit ESPN thinks we'll put up in 2013 anyways but they'd be right in that case.

4. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

I saw it more like this...

The cherry on the cake is a 1000 lb bull running for it's life down a narrow alley with a really pissed off 265 pound coach with a rabid foot fetish trying to kill him. who the fuck is that? REX RYAN!!! that's who!

5. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

I asked who would be the new HC if Rex was fired and not 1 person answered lmao

6. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

not a lot of names to give.it would have to be an unknown; a rookie at the gig... or MM.

7. Pluvrr

Pluvrr Active Member

Stupid thread is stupid.

8. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

There really aren't a ton of names to throw out there. It wouldn't be anyone with a big name. This heap was a smoldering pile of shit, most name coaches aren't walking into that.

9. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

That's the crazy part

A lot of new coaches(Gus Bradley, Rob Chudzinski, Doug Marrone and Chip Kelly) I didn't really say to myself I wish the Jets could get one of them

I think Idzik is not only taking this year to evaluate Rex but to also see if there is a coach who shares his vision and is someone he could work with for many years

I could see Idzik going young at HC I'm talking like Kliff Kingsbury from Texas Tech

I think if Idzik moves on he def goes with innovation over someone with an old school mentality similar to what Seattle did

10. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

because it's really an impossible question to answer. Team's express interest in a bunch of surprising names and we have no idea who Idzik would have wanted to target given it's his first season with us and first season as a GM. I think if we had more of a body of work to look at from Idzik we could make some educated guesses. I get the point of the thread, it's just literally impossible to answer that question.

11. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

haha Rex has a hoof fetish! We all saw it coming

12. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

Re-read my post bud.

13. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

what if tggf woke up and realized that rex is not going to be fired and we stopped discussing this retarded topic?

14. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

It's not retarded

It's discussing the possibility that Rex was fired this past year who our coach would be

15. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

What if people realize that on tgg.com anyone can start any topic they please w/o having sanctimonious posters try to come across as pseudo thread police.

16. fltflo

fltflo Active Member

Alrighty then, here's how I see it, he hires Rob Ryan who in turn hires Rex Ryan and his DC and brings in MM as his OC.

17. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

1. Conventional wisdom says: a bird in your hand is worth two in the forest.

2. Ok. Let Rex go - fine. Who is a good candidate? The question boils down to: can he orchestrate either side of the ball to the efficacy of Rex Ryan AND more? [Remember the rule above - a bird in your hand is worth TWO in the forest.]

3. If he is THAT good already, a. why wasn't he hired by NFL brass already? or b. why should he choose the Jets, of all teams, as his NFL debut stage?

I just don't get these Fire Rex crowd - they don't even know what the fuck they are talking about.

18. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

It's discussing something that didn't happen as if it did. Who the hell knows because it didn't happen. If you want to talk about who the Jets would hire if Ryan were fired after this season, fine.

Why don't we discuss who the Jets should have signed as a free agent QB if Sanchez were cut? Or who the Jets should have drafted if Revis was not traded? Or who should the Jets number 1 RB be if Ivory was not on the team? Or what color the jerseys would be if they were not green?

19. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

What if this forum realized you are always wrong and are one of the worst posters on here? Oh wait...too late.

20. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i dont know if i remember correctly rex ryan looked like a fat little girl who couldnt even climb the fence to get out of the bulls way.

and let me tell you all this if anyone is going to be chasing anyone down an alley its going to be ME