2013 NBA Off-Season Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by soxxx, Jun 22, 2013.

1. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

wash for Denver, then. Just saying it was a crippling trade for Philly and LAL.

2. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I think they may not have been a "dynasty" per se but I'd take those title teams against most teams. They probably don't beat the 72 win Bulls team or the best of the Lakers teams from the 2000's but I think their 65 win team was probably the best team of the 80's. They lost in 7 games to the Lakers the year before and they came back to absolutely destroy the NBA and the Lakers in the Finals. I think they busted out the brooms in that series.

Even as a Nets fan something about the deal seems um.....fishy. Russian player signs with Russian owner for about 7 million dollars less than what he was making last year. I think the Spurs were trying to sign him for 8. Honestly though I love the move and Pro has history with Andrei as he used to own CSKA Moscow which Kirilenko played for.

3. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I like this AK move a LOT for the Nets. Still don't think a JKidd/Lawrence Frank combo was the way to go coaching wise with this team. We will see. The East is top heavy so even if they don't gel well or age catches up to them, they'll still cruise into the playoffs.

Still have Heat, IND, Chi (if healthy) as the top 3 in the East.

West is tricker for the pecking order. The Spurs kept everyone and will be the Spurs. The Thunder will still be good because of Durant and Russell, but Martin left. (if healthy). The Rockets will be great too. Clippers got a huge upgrade at coaching and have an offensive force. The Grizzlies are the Grizzlies and will force you to play their style. The Warriors added a great piece in Iggy.

Umm Mavs and Wolves round out the West I guess. I might be forgetting some teams. Also, I hope to see Brooks embraced some more small ball with OKC. They got limited at times by trying to force the Ibaka/Perkins combo when other teams would put a small forward at the 4. He's still a little rigid in that regard. Hopefully Westbrook comes back like Westbrook, one of the most explosive players in the league.

Oh the Lakers! They are going to be an interesting watch. Maybe some more PnR with Nash because Dwight is gone. Get to see Pau hopefully play like he can and not be limited by MDA and Dwight. Kobe trying to comeback and then they have Nick Young to be Nick Young. In the East, I would slot them into the playoffs easily, in the West, looks like they will be fighting for the 7/8

#323 displacedfan, Jul 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2013
  4. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

I concur, I assumed you omitted them specifically because of how bad Afflalo's contract is (and because Harrington's partially-guaranteed deal isn't as valuable under the new CBA)

5. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I feel bad for Dirk a little bit, After 2011 they didnt bring back the championship team and promised him aid in the future. Both Deron and Dwight chose not to go.

Its clear that the players dont want team up with the aging stars such as Kobe and Dirk, they want to team up with younger talent for a long term plan,

6. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

90% chance Kobe is gone imo, if they really wanted him he woulda been extended. I think the plan for them is try to tank for Wiggins. If they get Wiggins then they resign Kobe Bryant.

If they dont get the top pick then they pursue Lebron which imo ends ANY relationship between the Lakers and Kobe. And honestly would Kobe want to come back if he wasnt #1 free agent on the list for the Lakers? hell no.

And if the Lakers do resign Kobe, whos going to come and play with him?
    Lebron? Hell no
    Carmelo? no chance
    Wade? wtf
    Bosh? Maybe but hes garbage anyway.

My prediction is they will wait till draft night, if they dont get Wiggins then they let Kobe walk and begin chasing Lebron and Melo.

7. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Knicks sign Metta World Psycho

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Thankfully. The guy is unbalanced and I think he will end up injuring a player badly with his thug tactics. Keep him in the East.

9. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Very good signing by the NYK, IMO. As the 7th, 8th, or 9th player on the roster it was well worth it.

PG - Felton
    SG - Shump
    SF - Melo
    PF - Amar'e
    C - Tyson

Bench:
    JR
    Prigioni
    Bargani
    Artest
    Hardaway JR.

Very satisfied with both moves the Knicks have made this offseason.

10. matt robinson 17

I actually think he will start

11. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

At 3.. so then we bump Melo to 4 and Amar'e will come off the bench. Either way, I like the move.

12. matt robinson 17

Right I think Amare off the bench

13. Barcs

Barcs Banned

As much as I hate Artest as a person, I like this signing. He gets in guys' heads on the court, but he does some boneheaded stuff at times to draw techs and suspensions. Artest is more of a SF, he can't bang with the big guys, so it doesn't really solve the PF issue. I really want Melo back at the 3, so I wager that Bargs actually starts. Both Bargs and WP fit well with Melo on offense, though, so it could go either way. It depends on whether they prefer defense or offense. Amar'e will only start if he can get healthy enough so that he does not need a minutes restriction. If this happens, boy oh boy watch out for the Knicks. Unfortunately it's probably the least likely outcome.

Okay now the stage is set for the Knicks to pull off some crazy trade for Kobe or Rondo.

#333 Barcs, Jul 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2013
  14. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

In 1999, I was a poor kid listening to a cheap radio tuning into my first NBA draft...Couldnt afford cable. I was so excited we were going to draft Artest, that when I found out we picked up some french piece of shit I almost broke that radio...Artest would have taken us to the finals and help avoid the terrible run we had in the 2000 era

15. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I still don't understand why Knick fans want Bargnani to come off the bench. He would be a decent starter with high upside at the 4, then you can put Melo back into his natural position AND he can still dominate in the low-post with Amare taking up the same area.

With Melo in the post, he can kick it out to Bargnani for the mid-range J or 3 pointer. People also have this myth that Bargnani plays no defense. I've seen the dude play decent one and one defense and rebound the ball in Toronto, it was just inconsistent. Woodson could very well get him steered in the right direction.

16. displacedfan

The starting lineup of Pablo, Felton, Shump, MElo, Chandler was really good last year. I would go with that and maybe if Bargs proves he has changed and is playing well, maybe you make the switch.

Also, JR is having surgery, out for 12-16 weeks, so he might not be back for the 1st game of the season.

Oh, QUEENSBRIDGE. Love the MWP/Artest signing

17. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I love the signing. Knicks might still win the Atlantic Division after all.

18. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

But you will always have that visual of Vince Carter serving that French bum his baguette for lunch.

19. displacedfan

[​IMG]

Every single time I think he's going to punch KG in the face.

20. displacedfan

I'm going to be watching Vince Carter dunks the rest of the night:

[YOUTUBE]P7EvwWBnBHM[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]JLkC_Jgvy5o[/YOUTUBE]

Lob City in LA wayyyyy before Lob City feat. Blake arrived.