2013 NBA Off-Season Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by soxxx, Jun 22, 2013.

1. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

[​IMG]

No way Kobe leaves the Lakers, he'll either retire or Dirk it (take less $ to stay). Of course, this is assuming his achilles heals well.

2. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Lakers are a pipe dream for LeBron. they have Kobe, a bad coach and nobody else. LeBron would be starting from absolute scratch with them.

the Lakers would love to have him, will have the cap space, and the media will proclaim them a great destination simply because of the history with little consideration for what that would actually mean for LeBron.

The Knicks are interesting. unlike the Lakers, they have a good coach and some solid pieces, of which LeBron would obviously put them over the top. the Knicks are easily the better choice than the Lakers.

but in the end it will be Cleveland if they have the cap space.

3. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

The Lakers can bring in Lebron and Carmelo, so to say they are starting from scratch is a stupid comment. LMAO.

4. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

But yes it will be Cleveland, although this Bynum signing looks risky

5. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I don't know how valid this source is, but World Peace's "friend" said he wouldn't mind playing for the NYK if he is released from the Lakers. If he can't play for the NYK, he will likely retire. -- ESPN

6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Maurice Harkless has potential to be a good NBA player. Don't forget Nikola Vucevic, a double double machine with an actual post game he can become one of the better C's in the league if he stays healthy. Tobias Harris is pretty decent too.

Magic have an ok core, more than likely they will suck for Wiggins and take their team to the next level if they get a top pick.

I grew up a Magic fan, but I still support the Knicks as well.

7. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Not really, unless both Melo and Lebron decide not to take their max offers. That would mean trading Nash for almost no salary back, letting Kobe walk, and letting Gasol walk. Is LA then an exciting place for someone to go with nobody there? They have room for one max player in addition to Gasol and Kobe most likely.

http://nba.si.com/2013/07/08/los-an...t-howard-kobe-bryant/?sct=hp_t12_a8&eref=sihp

Ron is on waivers now. If a team makes a claim, and all the teams under the cap are ahead of us, saying they want Ron, they get him. If he slides through those teams, by maybe making it known he won't play for them, the Knicks can offer him a veteran min or even part of the MLE I believe. Ron is still collecting the checks from LAL, so there is no incentive to get paid big time and place himself out of NYKs range.

I would like Ron on the team, just for the JR/MWP craziness combo. And we need a wing defender who can kind of hit corner 3s

8. displacedfan

The Knicks probably don't have room to sign another max player unless Melo opts out and then takes a lower contract and then the player joining takes a lower contract like the 3 did in Miami.. THey still will have Amare and Tyson on the books for over 10 and 20 million and Bargs is on there too now with over 10 million I think. They put themselves out there for what looks like the 2015 offseason with Love, Rondo, etc I think.

I might have my years off though. Not really sure. I hate the NBA cap, it's too difficult

9. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Hark's already put on 20+ pounds, his ceiling is Paul George. Vucevic is the man but I think he's going to be worse than Oladipo, Harris, and Harkless in the long-term. Having said that I think all four will be at-worst borderline All-Stars at their peak(s). Nicholson's also apparently in terrific shape. I'm a big fan of Osby, who could be a legit role player.

Woeful for Wiggins! This Orlando team has the best young core in the league.

#289 VanderbiltJets, Jul 9, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2013
  10. JetBlue

that is absolutely starting from scratch. describing James, Carmelo and nobody else as anything other than that is what is stupid. hell, they wouldn't even have a coach under your suggestion.

11. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

The Heat had 4 players on the roster after Lebron-Wade-Bosh teamed up, the 4th was chalmers.

Trust me the Lakers would have no problem filling in guys. But Lebrons going back to Cleveland anyway so.

12. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Your numbers are right, Amare has 2 more years under contract.

13. 101GangGreen101

Vuvevic is a solid C and will be serviceable as long as he stays healthy. He dominates the Heat down-low.

Hark has amazing potential, and he's got a far way to go but, dude is only 20 years old! I hope Vaughn continues to develop him properly. Oladipo, Harkess, Andrew Nicholson and Vucevic can be one hell of a starting lineup. I really like Oladipo's defensive game and untapped offensive potential too.

I doubt Wiggins goes to the Magic, but Marcus Smart would make the starting 5 complete :grin:

That said next year will be a tough year for the Magic.

TO ADD - There is no way Lebron leaves the Heat if they win it all next year. if the Heat lose, he will go to Cleveland. For Lebron to join an old Laker Team to chase a ring would be stupid and there wouldn't be any guarantees the Lakers could recruit Melo or whoever.

Pat Riley knows what's ahead, no way can you count him out.

#293 101GangGreen101, Jul 9, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
  14. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I don't know why so many of you are acting like James leaving Miami is set in stone. He just won back to back titles, and seems to love it there. As much as I'd love him to leave, I would be VERY VERY shocked if it really happened. You don't leave a team when you just won multiple championships in a row.

15. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

The Pistons hired Rasheed Wallace as an assistant coach. I am dead serious.

16. JetBlue

they had 4 players, three of which were max-contract All Stars.

that one extra top-tier player is an extremely significant difference than just James and Melo and nobody else.

17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

They will learn to be old and ineffective.

18. 101GangGreen101

One thing is certain. During a presser to explain a loss or win Sheed will say "Both teams played hard" :)

19. displacedfan

I can't find the video, but he yelled Ball Don't Lie at a summer league game.

The Knicks offered him a spot, but he declined citing he wanted to stay closer to his family

20. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Im not saying Lebron wont leave Miami but long term hes not staying. If they win this year then maybe he signs a 1 year extension, but Wade and Bosh are dwindling.

If the Heat dont win the finals he is 100% gone imo. If he wins then he will sign a 1 year extension or 2 years.

Another factor is that under the new CBA the Heat might be unable to bring in ANYONE, they might not even be able to resign the big 3. Lot of factors, perhaps Bosh leaves to pr Bosh leaves and Melo comes in.

ALOT of scenarios. If Lebron really wants to play with Melo like im hearing then they could team up in multiple locations including Miami. (Not saying Melo would do this but who knows, L.A. is another option)

#300 soxxx, Jul 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2013