2013 NBA Off-Season Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by soxxx, Jun 22, 2013.

1. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

He has a better chance to win a ring with Houston...

The Lakers only offer him $30 million more and that's it...That team is a disaster.

2. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Its a PR disaster for Dwight...He said he was about winning, but now he is about the money

3. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Dwight Howard is really good in the PnR.
    Mike D'Antoni loves running the PnR.
    Steve Nash and Kobe, while old, enjoy running the PnR.
    Dwight does not want to run the PnR and wants more post touches.

Dwight and Pau should be good enough together if they stay healthy. Just going to be tough with no bench and no perimeter players to win stuff

4. displacedfan

Los Angeles Lakers ‏@Lakers 4m
    Statement from GM Mitch Kupchak: http://on.nba.com/14ZsLgV "We have been informed of Dwight's decision to not return to the Lakers."

5. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

issued by Lakers General Manager Mitch Kupchak.

"We have been informed of Dwight's decision to not return to the Lakers. Naturally we're disappointed. However, we will now move forward in a different direction with the future of the franchise and, as always, will do our best to build the best team possible, one our great lakers fans will be proud to support. To Dwight, we thank him for his time and consideration, and for his efforts with us last season. We wish him the best of luck on the remainder of his NBA career."

Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA 5m
    It's Houston. Source close to Dwight Howard confirms that he'll join the Rockets. He'll inform the Lakers and make an official announcement.

6. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

7. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Yeah I am, and I will root for the Rockets when it doesn't affect the Thunder, but they ARE the team that hurt Westbrook (who's my favorite player) so IDK how to feel, and now with Dwight...ugh. But yeah OKC is the team that got me to really start getting interested in the NBA, so that's who I'm loyal too. I'm just bitter that Harden plays there sorta haha.

8. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Kobe unfollowed Dwight on Twitter and just posted this on his INSTAGRAM

[​IMG]

9. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Gotta love Kobe, the ultimate competitor, that's why he will go down as one of the best ever and Dwight just a good player. The man has a fire like no one we've seen since Jordan.

10. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Gasol is one of the most underrated players ever. His arrival in L.A. changed everything, hes a warrior and id take him over Howard any day,

11. displacedfan

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 1m
    Josh Smith has agreed to a four year, $56 million deal with the Detroit Pistons, league sources tell Y! Sports.

12. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Dwight better get some serious lessons from The Dream because Dwight Howard is still under developed in the post game. He needs the pick and roll and a good PG. Who would of thought the Magic would get the best deal for Howard

13. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I presume the Celtics and Hawks wont be in the playoff next season. I expect Cleveland, Washington, or Detroit to get the lower seeds of the East.

Who wouldnt want a Cleveland-Miami series? especially with the speculation of his potential return to Cleveland.

14. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

And maybe even the Bucks might not be the 8th seed. All 3 that you mentioned could make the playoffs as the 6, 7, 8 seeds.

15. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

And the winner of the Dwight/Iguodala/Bynum trade is...

16. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I'm surprised this thread has been so dead. I know there have been quite a few transactions the past few days.

17. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

The Orlando Magic.

18. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

Igouadala to Golden State is interesting. They've lost a couple depth pieces but their starting lineup plus Harrison Barnes is pretty solid.

Cleveland is in a great position to make a move in the next couple years. Even if LeBron stays in Miami, they have a great core. Irving, Waiters, Bennett, Thompson. You add Jarrett Jack who's an ideal 3rd guard and possibly Bynum on a flier and that's a pretty solid squad.

19. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Stephen A Smith said that Lebron has the Cavaliers, Lakers and Knicks in mind for 2014. He said Lebron wants to play with Melo, whether it be in NY or possibly LA.

20. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Things are becoming clearer to me...

1) The Lakers will make big run at Lebron James
    2)Carmelo might end up in LA with him
    3)Kobe would leave.
    4)The Knicks might end up with Lebron if they have the money space (I dont think they do yet)

The tricky part is that if the Lakers make run at Lebron, where does that leave Kobe? What if Lebron doesnt go to LA, does Kobe feel betrayed?

Im convinced now that the Lakers have ALREADY decided that Kobe is gone after next season. Where does Kobe go? Ehh I say Clippers because he will want revenge and it would be a very good mix but who knows. These are my beliefs atm. The Lakers are preparing to chase Lebron, Kobe is not the top priority.