2013 NBA Off-Season Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by soxxx, Jun 22, 2013.

1. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

The power in the West hasnt shifted. These analysts said the same crap last season.

If the Rockets get Josh Smith then yeah id consider them contenders, but right now they arent contenders. I can not see them holding the title when its all said and done.

2. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Well the Lakers with just Nash and Gasol will be a less than 20 win team, health and all to. Celtics might win 30 but I see them trading Rondo.

3. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

A healthy Bynums better than Howard, whoever signs a Bynum that stays healthy will get the biggest steal.

4. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

When healthy, this guy carried Orlando to the finals. He had a bunch of role players, good role players, but still role players who could hit 3s. He can help your defense greatly and can be an offensive/defensive force. There are few centers in the league, so when Dwight is healthy, he's the best. His problems now are his health and his personality. People though Bron was having too much fun on the court too and he won. Dwight maybe follows that same path. You don't have to be ultra competitive like a Kobe or MJ to win.

It did shift. Instead of the playoff teams being Lakers, Nuggets, Jazz, Mavs, Suns like most of the 2000s. They have been replaced by Houston, Golden State, Clippers, Memphis. The Lakers are the 3rd best team in their state. That's how the landscape has changed. The team that had missed the playoffs about once in about the last 15 years, now is the 3rd best. The Warriors and punch line Clippers are getting better and better run. Landscape is changing.

Chris Copeland is going to sign in INDY it seems.
    Looks like the Knicks the MLE for 3 million and it was either use all of it on Cope, or use some on Pablo and use some part hopefully on someone else. I would rather Pablo than Cope, but would have loved both back

5. displacedfan

Ehhh I disagree. I'd rather a healthy Dwight than a healthy Bynum. I'd take an injured Dwight (less history) over an injured Bynum. I guess if you are saying Bynum healthy over an injured Dwight, I could agree with that

6. displacedfan

Whoa: Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 8m
    New Orleans has shown strong interest in acquiring Rockets center Omer Asik, w/ an offer likely centered on Ryan Anderson, sources tell Y!

Ryan Anderson can shoot 38-39% from 3. Dwight can cover up his defensive stuff. I would really like to see Anderson on that team.

I don't know how reliable Alex Kennedy is. I like his tweets but don't routinely check on his twitter like Woj and other reporters.

Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA 51s
    Source close to Dwight Howard: "The reports are inaccurate. The Lakers haven't been informed of anything" WHY WON'T THIS END!?

I believe this is Dwight trying to keep people guessing so he can announce the news he wants. But knowing Dwight, I don't trust what he says until he signs that contract.

7. displacedfan

DWIGHT:

SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter 51s
    UPDATE: A source has told ESPN that Dwight Howard has "changed his mind." Howard has told Lakers he's now 50-50.

NON DWIGHT:

Jose Calderon is trying to finalize a 4 year deal with Dallas

8. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

oh what the fuck...

Dwight's people have been trashing the DAntoni, Kobe and Nash before this news broke...

9. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Dwight is like a teenager who doesn't know what he wants? Idiot man child. I wouldn't want him at Knicks or Nets for sure.

10. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

haha what a clown this guy is.

everytime i see him it reminds me of the shrunken heads sitting on the couch in beetlejuice

11. displacedfan

Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard 42s
    Source: D12 has landed in LA & told Lakers it's 50-50 btwn them and the Rockets. He's having 2nd thoughts about leaving $30 mill on table

Mike Bresnahan ‏@Mike_Bresnahan 3m
    Lakers have been told by Dwight Howard's camp that he has not made up his mind yet. #thickeningplot

12. displacedfan

Maybe Dwight is just really good friends with Lebron, and he wants everyone to realize Lebron's "Decision" is much better way than all the info that is leaking from Dwight's camp

13. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

This is fucking stupid. He's going to the Rockets. It's clear. He wants to break it himself? That's why this is happening? Oh god...I hope the Rockets collapse next year just like the Lakers did this year.

14. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

And it's about the extra $30 million with his shitty back...

15. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

This is way too funny

16. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

No I meant last year how everyone said the Lakers were the best of the West and now how everyone is proclaiming houston the best.

17. displacedfan

Haha why don't you like the Rockets? Are you a Thunder fan? If I remember correctly you are?

Yepp.

I know, I find it hilarious. Never gonna believe until he signs that contract. The Knicks can offer him 1.75 million a year if he wants! :lol:

Oh gotcha. The West is so different now than the mid 2000s, it's great.

18. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Drama follows Dwight. What a child... My son 7 year old is more man than this douche bag

19. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

This is not the ESPN special we deserve, but the ESPN special we need.

20. displacedfan

Haha this would be great.

I guess we will never know, but I am interested to see if some reporters drop their sources for Dwight info after this debacle. Because accoriding to this:

Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA 8m
    I know most of you are upset with Dwight Howard, but he didn't flip flop here. He never announced anything and he didn't inform HOU or L.A.

It looks like some sources were jumping the gun, or Dwight told one guy in his camp/entourage/circle he was going to a team or something similar and now he knows the Houston guy is the leak :eek:hmy: