2013 NBA Off-Season Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by soxxx, Jun 22, 2013.

1. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

I think the Knicks are getting reamed. Giving depth guys and 3 picks for an expensive, injury-prone bust that can seek more money if he SOMEHOW manages to have a productive season...

Can't wait for them to lose everybody and have no draft picks to rebuild with.:sad:

2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I don't see how Melo stays at the 4 with the Bargs trade. I'm not a Knick fan but a Felton Shump Melo Bargs Chandler lineup is pretty smooth.

Bargs gives you that stretch 4 and allows Melo and Chandler to do damage on the post. Kick it out to Bargs for 3 or for the mid range J.

Amare continues to play off the bench. They should get Tony Allen too.

3. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

That lineup sounds gross...Terrible defense at the 3 and 4. If you think Chandler was upset about no help defense last year, how do you think he'll do with turnstile Bargani out there?

Bargs is decent off the bench, if you think he'll be a productive player in the starting lineup think again.

Also, Tony Allen isnt coming to the Knicks. He'll either get a sizable contract from someone or go back to the Griz.

4. 101GangGreen101

That lineup should be good offensively though. The Knicks don't have a good defensive 3 or 4 on their squad anyway. Better off optimizing the offense IMO.

Well if Copeland returns him and Bargs could battle it out for the starting position. Copeland is a pretty good player.

Knicks are very limited with the cap, I don't know who they could get to make them better defensively at this stage of the game. Especially at the 3 and 4 spot.

Knicks could offer Allen the MLE. Then you got 2 shutdown wingmen that can limit tandems like Granger and George or slow down Lebron and Wade.

Melo at the 4 I don't think is a good idea IMO.

5. 101GangGreen101

Too add Bargs is starting. You see what the Knicks gave up? No way does he come off the bench and Bargs can score effortlessly at times. If Woodson can motivate Bargs to play a lil defense and rebound it'll be worth it in the end.

Melo needs help, Bargs could very well help and give the Knicks 15-20 points a night.

6. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Kyle Korver to the Nets according Marc Stein.

7. DemoIsland

DemoIsland Member

With very little money, Knicks are also interested in Monta Ellis. That would be an incredible move if they were able to pull it off. Long shot, but worth the note.

8. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I don't see Bargs starting, and I'm hope I'm right on this one. If he starts, your big man bench currently is Amare.

If you go small, you can rotate the 3 and even try to go big for a couple minutes when Melo is resting.

I wonder if this an attempt to do another trade after acquiring Andrea because it opens up a roster spot even if JR resigns I believe. I might be wrong on that.

9. 101GangGreen101

Amare, and hopefully you guys can resign Copeland as well. He wants to stay a Knick. You guys gave up a lot for Bargs (2 picks and 2 players). I just don't see a reason as to why he won't start. I mean you know your team better than me, I'm assuming you still believe in Amare? or maybe you want Copeland to get the starting role?

10. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

The Knicks trade is good for a few reasons:

- His contract expires after next year. Novak's ran into 2015. It's not a coincidence it aligns with Amare, 'Melo & Chandler. Gives a clear cut two year window before hitting the reset button.

- Another huge expiring contract next summer. Along with Amare you can pretty much be in on any player a team wants to trade and take contracts back.

- In terms of this year, he's a nice fit next to 'Melo. Can guard 4's but play on the perimeter on offense allowing 'Melo to be on the block where he belongs.

The 2016 pick can be swapped with Denver anyway so odds are it wasn't going to be very good. You can always buy picks at the end of the first round like they did with Douglas a few years ago.

It's a low-risk, medium upside deal. End of the day they didn't give up anything of value for a former first overall pick who fills a need.

11. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

In 2015 Amare's, Tyson's, Melo's, and Bargnani's contracts will all be expiring (73.5 mill off the books).

Camby and Novak are both due (combined) $14,756,929 over the next two seasons and Novak has a third year...WTF I know.

Notable fa's that year: Rondo, Kevin Love, Marc Gasol.

12. DemoIsland

DemoIsland Member

Chandler and Iman for Bledsoe and DeAndre talks coming up.

13. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

All the good things I just said about the Knicks and their trade would be out the window if that happened.

I did read a Tyson to Golden State rumor that I could see making some sense.

14. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Thats a NBArumours tweet...Its never happening

15. Barcs

Barcs Banned

You still need to be able to work matchups. Our biggest issue last year was lack of big men. They were all injured. I like this move a lot. It gives us another big man up front that can handle the ball and create offense. We needed this all last season. We had zero post game and no big men that could score. We can't just play small ball all the time. We have to have the flexibility to adjust match ups.

#155 Barcs, Jul 1, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2013
  16. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

God no. Please no Shumpert and Tyson for Bledsoe and Jordan. Shumpert is going to be a stud in a few years.

17. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I could be wrong but didn't the Nets originally draft Korver and than trade him on draft night? It seems too long ago but it may have been in the Jason Kidd deal.

18. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

They did draft then trade him, if I remember correctly it was just for cash.

19. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Spurs connected to a lot of big men....Gortat, Bynum, Oden.

Splitter is likely to exit because hes going to get paid elsewhere.

20. 101GangGreen101

I just hope Oden or Bynum don't sign with the Heat and have a resurgence.

Oden was all about the Heat not too long ago