Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Yeah, just like youd be this enthusiastic, if the Jets drafted Matt Barkley.

2. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

OMG, a Matt Barkley pick and my head would have exploded. Giving Sanchez another chance is like giving a 5 time DUI offender back his driver's license. It will just end bad.

3. Mr. 123

Mr. 123 New Member

It was more than clear to the entire football world taco was dog shit. 5 years ago! How anyone can still support this guy is beyond me. All one needs to know is that every team playing the jets this year is praying hes under center.

Most likely their distant cousins with the same people arguing that Gabbert will get better or "this will be the year".

4. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Sanchez has one last chance IF he starts. IF he fails, I hope Hobbes and nyjunc are not making excuses for him. There will be none

5. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i dont really know hobbes history as i really dont remember his posts prior to the sancho debacle. i can guarantee you that junc will not ever stop making excuses for him. he will always be there to pop up to defend him and hype up his 2 afc divisional round playoff championships.

he still defends herm edwards. its scary, no matter how bad the guy ever does junc will defend him.

6. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Hey...that's a fine how-do-you-do.

Or it's just a shitty 1st post.

I guess it depends what side of the Sanchez fence you're on.

But to compare our quarterback with Jacksonville's is simply outrageous.

Our guy is way better looking and can sport a skinny headband without remorse. You can't say that about Gabbert.

7. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Name the year quiz:

Junk: "Sure Mark drops a few burgers, they all do. But look at the spatula they gave him. NO burger flipper could consistently flip burgers with that thing. And where's his help? Who's running the fryer??? And that shift supervisor is HORRIBLE. he's set Sanchez back 3 years.

"But just look at how fast he scrapped that burger off the floor, got it back on a bun, and got it out to the kid at table 3. 5 second rule my ass! I'd put him up against that Tannyhill kid from Burger King any day.

8. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

I just woke up the entire house with my screaming

You sir are going to the Hall of Fame

9. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Obviously you can't understand sarcasm.

I don't blame you - your blind hatred toward the kid is maddening after all.

10. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

:lol::lol:

Best post in this thread. Good job, sir

11. Hobbes3259

Armand, i totally agree. Ive said that consistently

12. Hobbes3259

5 uears ago? Really?

My impression was,mhe was drafted, in 2009.
    Which, would put his lone college season as 2008.

Now, your version of math may differ from mine, but 5 years ago the kid was riding pine.

At USC, as you can see,

13. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

no 5th year quarterback means its his 6th year, or something

i still dont get why everyone thinks we should dump sanchez, this IS the last year, but it would be stupid to dump him any sooner when qbs typically blossom between years 2-5. if he cant put it together this year then hes done, but thats just making sure you get as much out of your investment as possible when you draft a guy at number 5. they are already drafting guys to compete with/replace him, just be patient and let the team conduct proper football business

14. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

And not see what Geno can bring to the table and potentially miss out on a franchise QB in next year's draft?

15. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

there is absolutely nothing about the jets drafting geno smith that would stop them from taking a qb first round next seasons draft if they are among the worst in the league offensively. there is also no reason not to sit sanchez if geno plays better in practice. sanchez will not last the entire season if he doesnt play well, the coaches will still see geno practice every day...

16. Hobbes3259

More amd more, it seems that the dump sanchez crowd, boils down to...if Sanchez plays well, geno is a backup forever, waaah.

I thought we were all Jets fans first. If Sanchez plays well, as he did with miniimal coaching from moore in the RZ in 11, the Jets are set for the forseeable future, and could possibly draft real offnsive talent for both guys.

But, no..,lets start Geno, just because.

17. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Which scenario sounds better to you?

Scenario 1 - Sanchez starts for the New York Jets in 2013. Geno Smith rides the pine. Sanchez gets to around mid-season and starts to fail miserably. The Jets start Geno Smith Week 11. Geno plays the rest of the season but never gets into a rhythm so he ends up going 2-3 as a starter. We draft a QB in the first round without giving Geno enough time to develop and see what he could really do...

Scenario 2 - Geno starts Week 1. Has some downs and growing pains the first few weeks of the season but really starts to show some glimpses of promise as the season progresses. Coaching staff realizes that with the right playmakers around Geno, we might have something special. 1st round pick of the 2014 Draft, the New York Jets select Marquise Lee, WR, USC..

Ill take Scenario 2 thank you.

18. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The reason the Eli Manning scenario doesn't work with Geno Smith is that Geno's just not that good a prospect. Eli Manning was a once-every-five years prospect when he came out and the Giants had a lot of room to sit him with a vet starting. They'd made a huge commitment to him by trading for him and signing him to the big contract.

The reason the Drew Brees scenario doesn't work with Geno Smith is that there's a big QB draft right on the horizon and the Jets can't sit Geno behind a vet for a year and then give him a year or two to develop after that. They can't miss the boat in 2014 unless they know the Skipper's already on board this year.

The reason the Aaron Rodgers scenario doesn't work for the Jets is that they're not built around a great Hall of Fame QB in the twilight of his career. They don't have decent chances to compete the next couple of seasons with what they already have starting at QB. They don't have the luxury of scout-teaming Geno Smith in that light.

Every QB and every situation is a bit different. For the Jets taking Geno Smith kind of put them in a "he fails or he plays" dichotomy. Most of the factors they should be taking into account argue for Geno getting heavy playing time this year so the Jets can make some no-brainer decisions next year.

If Mark Sanchez is not on fire at this point, playing like the guy the Jets thought they drafted 4 springs ago, they really can't consider him as much more than a prop in Geno's rookie year.

There are scenarios where the Jets don't play Geno much this year and he still becomes a very good QB for them. A lot of those scenarios revolve around a three year span that would make most of us retch, including a failed QB pick next year.

19. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Eli was not a once every 5 years prospect, he was a good prospect who has never really lived up to being picked #1 overall outside of the 2 SB runs where the D did most of the heavy lifting.

W/ that said geno is obviously not the prospect Eli was, it doesn't mean he can't be as good or better either. I wouldn't expect it but you never know.

20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Eli was a once every 5 years prospect.

He was touted as the best QB to come out since his brother in 1998.

You can't argue with that. No QB from 1999 to 2003 generated half the buzz Eli did and nobody was surprised when the Giants gave up a lot of value to trade up for him in a QB rich draft.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.