Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

That is fair to say about Sanchez. No one here is debating if he is a top QB in the NFL at the moment, though. The debate is should he be given up on? I say no. He can be turned around. Maybe he can't though and this is his last year as a Jet. I'd like to give him one more shot though, instead of just moving on.

2. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Agree about 2011...but Rex should shoulder most of the blame. Ryan failed to keep them focused and lost the team. That's the only reason the Sparano hire makes any sort of sense. Rex wanted him to play the bad cop and instill some discipline...he probably thought bringing in Saint Tebow couldn't hurt either.

But remember...it's the Jets. It can get worse.

3. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Exactly. The defense was so top notch and the run game so good, we were willing to overlook the mistakes.. Year 1 we said he is just a rookie he will learn and improve. Year 2 same thing.. He is still young, give him one more year.. Even after Year 3, I thought he would improve and get better. When year 4 came around and he was still making the same mistakes week in and week out, I knew there was no hope.. If it weren't for the defense and run game of 09/10 that Sanchez was holding onto dear life to, we would have drafted a QB in last years draft and 2012 with Tebow/Sanchez would have never been.

4. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Huh?

Don't forget...
    [​IMG]

5. Jay Bizniss

If next year's QB class was like this year's, nobody really good just average QB's, I would agree with giving Sanchez another shot. It is not though. There is just no time to waste here. We need to see if Geno is going to help this franchise and if not, we HAVE to grab a QB next year. You don't get talents like Boyd, Bridgewater, Manziel in the same draft too often (2012 draft with Wilson, Luck, & RG3 is the exception not the rule).

I do not want to risk playing Sanchez, going 8-8, resigning him to a long term deal and then missing out on a potential franchise QB in the 2014 draft. No thanks.

6. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

It's not playing in NY though, he may never recover here but he proved he can play on the biggest stage.

You think he allowed success to go to his head? he didn't have Brady success so I doubt that.

7. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

No. The entire offense last year was...decimated. Thats a fact. It would be fair to argue, that Sparano, looked bad as a result as well.

Until you examine the completions to players out of the backfield. You know, easy throws.

91 or so in 2011. Less than 50, in 2012, when every outside pass catcher not named Kerley was injured.

That is an indictment on Sparano.

And Bitch Beach trolls threads and spouts shit.

In 2 years under Schotty, Pennington, while playing (he got hurt year 2) , you know, the accurate guy was +1 td/int.
    http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/P/PennCh01.htm

(oh, and btw, he completed roughly 65%, tossed 17???? TDs, in his full season?...yeah Mark is the problemnot Schotty, thats why in 2011 Sanchez put up 32 scores, (26/6) with Moore tweaking the RZ offense) yeah, I imagined that. I guess Sanchez is that much better than Penny. :rofl:

Penny maintained a great compl. %, but throwing the ball outside, breed ints.

Two different QBs. One result.

And since BitchBeach likes to troll. Let me disabuse you of the notion that Bradford also had a "career year" under Schotty
    http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BradSa00.htm

He basically repeated his eookie year, and with decent skill players.

I never said Sanchez could be hyper accurate like Pennington. I said, its fairly clear, Schotty breeds INTS.

And in finishing, yes, Schotty was not the OC, in Brees third year. He was his QB coach, great rIposte there....

Yes,Galileo...I am the heretic, ?..tell me, Simplicio, how did that work out exactly?

#10727 Hobbes3259, Jun 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2013
  8. Jay Bizniss

After that 2nd championship game, the Jets were all anybody was talking about. Rex was telling everyone to book their tickets to the Bowl, ESPN was predicting them to go to the Super Bowl, and the whole team got full of themselves. They lost that hunger. Acting like they made it. They didn't make shit. You could just tell the whole persona of the team was different. And Sanchez was the ring leader. All of his teammates were even saying he wasn't working hard in the film room, and that he was more concerned about his looks then the game.

9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The problem with Sanchez is that the ability to make all the throws is not the same thing as making all the throws.

We all cut him some major slack the first 3 years because every now and then everything would gel and he'd make a perfect throw at the perfect time and bring us success.

However each perfect throw was accompanied by many more bad ones that gave his receiver no chance to make the catch or wound up in the wrong hands at the end of the play.

Being able to make the perfect throw doesn't matter unless you can do it consistently. Peyton Manning makes more perfect throws in every game he starts than Mark Sanchez has made in his entire career.

Maybe Sanchez can evolve into making the perfect throw over and over again but he's got close to 2,000 throws now that say that the proposition is a pipe-dream. It's all on him, and unless he can be perfect a lot of the time he's done.

Most good NFL QB's are perfect a fair amount of the time.

10. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

ONE person said that and his teammates backed him saying he was the hardest worker on the team(or one of them).

He didn't fail the last year and a half b/c of failing to work.

I think this is pretty fair, I disagree slightly on all the bad throws but he hasn't really ever shown the consistency we have wanted.

11. Hobbes3259

Not just US. The F.O. Particularly.

Not a blue chip RB drafted, not. Blue chip WR drafted.

And the early success, is what lent to keeping a shitty OC.
    for those that accuse me of beating a dead horse, on the Schotty issue, how did he get canned after a .500 season after BTB Championship games, unless the consensus was, he sucks.

Or did the organization, throw him under the bus?

Those are the only two possibilities.

12. Hobbes3259

Name rhe teammate. Or are you spouting Mike Freemans unnamed Jets source?

13. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I worded that poorly. Basically, since the team succeeded in 09 and 10, we overrated Sanchez. Since the team struggled in 2011,2012 we underrated Sanchez. Truth be told, all he's shown is to be an average QB overall

14. The Dark Knight

That is complete BS about Sanchez. Rex, I agree with though. Especially his motto about getting a home playoff game. I even said, why does he assume the team will make the playoffs? at the time.

15. Hobbes3259

Coaching other posters on arguing with me?

And lying?

Youare a f**ng troll.

16. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Whoa whoa whoa whoa--where did this come from?

We get that you hate Sanchez, and you have PLENTY of ammunition to fuel that hate, but no need to make up stuff.

_

17. Jay Bizniss

Lol. Now that you mention it, I can't seem to find it. I bet someone in the locker room was thinking that though. I think I just want a change so bad that my mind subconsciously made that up. Wow.

#10737 Jay Bizniss, Jun 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2013
  18. The Dark Knight

Switch teams. That is the easiest/quickest change you can make. :wink:

19. Jay Bizniss

Never that. I might not agree with every decision our front office makes but come September 8th at 1:00 PM, I will be rooting for which ever QB is putting his hands into Mangolds butt.. I just want the Jets to win..

20. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Finally after 10,000 posts it has begun to sink in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.