Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

That's the sad part of it all, there really shouldn't even be a conversation / competition at all at this point.

One guy was a top 10 pick, entering his fifth NFL season, having played over 60 NFL games..

- - - -
    The other guy was a second round pick, a rookie, having practiced with an NFL team less than 10 times right now.

It really should be no contest, slam dunk at this point in time, however it doesn't really seem completely that way. The fact that Geno isn't vastly behind as of now, bodes well for him winning the job or at least taking it over this season...

2. NFL

NFL Active Member

Agree 100%. And to add to it, when there's so much talk about who's going to win the job between a rookie and a vet, it's almost never between a 2nd round pick and a vet who was a top 10 pick. And if it is like that, it's usually between the rookie and a vet who is past his time. Not on this case though, Sanchez is what, 27?

3. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

You know that any information on "who is winning" is speculative hearsay at this point right? All available information is based on limited third party observations to select OTAs. The only people who know where things truly stand right now are those inside the organization.

4. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I'd say Sanchez will make the pro bowl, but we all know that can't happen if you're playing in the superbowl.

5. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

This is all kind of spelling doom for Sanchez isn't it?

Not for THIS season, but for being our franchise QB.

barring a pro bowl caliber season, why would the Jets pay him 13 million to do what Smith can do for less? (and is not more acclimated to doing by then as well?)

I'm almost pulling more for Smith, not because I don't believe Sanchez can't play decently, but because odds are #6 won't be here next year, and I'd rather the guy more likely to be our man get some experience on the field.

This has been my thinking for a while now, anybody else see a scenario where Sanchez starts in September, but is released anyway?

It just seems to be an awkward position to be in.

6. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

You made the original wager on comfortably north of 60%. 60% is not comfortably north of 60%.

60% is Christian Ponder, Ryan Fitzpatrick and
    Nick Foles range. Blaine Gabbert was 1.7% away from a 60% completion %. Is that the group you are putting Sanchez in? Your optimism goes way down when it comes to wagers. :)

3 more passes a game gets Sanchez over 65% completion percentage. MM can't get 3 more completion a game out of him?

I'll meet you in the middle and go down to 62.5% for you. I don't consider a 2.5% difference comfortably north of 60 but whatever.

7. BrowningNagle

Well no shit, of course it's all speculative - the whole season will happen and in january you could still type your same post....

But if Geno Smith was terrible or vastly behind Sanchez, you bet your ass those limited third party people would be making that known.. They'd be happy to label Geno a bust, especially at this point in time.

8. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Are you on crack?

9. xxedge72x

Bullcrap. The team hasn't even made it to training camp yet and were already supposed to know Smiths place as a starter in the NFL? The guy likely isn't even done going through the playbook yet. All you and a lot of other people are doing is rushing to conclusions.

10. BrowningNagle

What are you even arguing about? That's exactly what I'm saying.

The fact that we don't know Smith's place as a starter right now is a good sign for him and his future as this team's QB.

I'm not rushing to conclusions at all, but the media certainly would be if he looked so far behind Sanchez that it didn't look like he belonged on the same field. The fact that he's a second round rookie and Sanchez is a fifth-year vet, and we aren't having THAT conversation, bodes well for his chances to start this season... which is exactly what I said.

11. xxedge72x

You said in a previous post that it should be a no contest slam dunk at this point. Asides from bits of observations from the press, what leads you to believe it isn't?

12. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Well, the so-called top 10 pick was only that because the Jets were idiots to move up to take him there and the second round pick was expected to be the first QB off the board but slipped to the Jets because nobody else needed a QB after Buffalo.

13. G_know4Pres

G_know4Pres Banned

The thing that irks me the most about Mark is that over the past 4 seasons he has never been worried about job security. Not untill the 39th pick of the 2013 NFL Draft has Sanchez had REAL competition to play for the starting spot on this team. The job was just handed to him, and as a rookie coming off of only one full season of starting in college none the less. He has never had to take OTA's and TC as seriously as he will this offseason. Now that the threat of losing his job, and becoming one of the biggest BUSTS in recent history is a real possibility, he all of the sudden works harder than he ever has.

Mark never looked at Tebow as a legitamte threat to take his job, and why would he? People talk about how bringing in Tebow messed with Sanchez' head, but I don't buy it. I think he knew damn well he would remain the starter throughout the season, regardless of his shitty play. Then after a surprising 2nd round pick by the new GM, in comes a college gun slinger named Geno, a kid that took a dissapointing draft fall, and a kid that has a HUGE chip on his shoulder. All of the sudden, Marks motivation to perform better is here. He finally realizes that this is it for him, and that if he doesn't perform his ass is grass.

I want guys that thrive on competition. A guy that wants to EARN the starting spot, and not just have it handed to him. Geno Smith is a fighter and a competitor. He is a guy that will lay it all on the line to prove himself, and will work extremely hard to reach his goals. As for Mark? I just haven't seen that from him in his 4 years of playing ball for the team I love.

Just my two cents..

Peace

#10633 G_know4Pres, Jun 20, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2013
  14. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

At the end of the day, Muck Sanchez makes everyone around him worse. The Jets should let Geno play. If he plays as poorly as possible with multiple interceptions and fumbles every game it's still an improvement over Muck, and then the Jets can look to drafting a QB next year. If the Jets truly think Geno isn't capable of playing I'd rather see Kerley at QB then Muck - at least he won't embarrass the team as much.

15. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Great points. I just meant, with all the talent in next year's draft, why draft a QB in this one? Especially one who will take time to develop. I just hope the Jets don't pass up a better QB next year because they feel Geno will succeed, then Geno sucks and the QB we could have had, becomes a Hall of Famer. Maybe I have just been a Jets fan too long now. :)

16. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Funny, the only thing more embarassing, than.,,Muck Sanchez, are Jets fans, claimimg that btb AfCCG games, which necessitated beating NE and INDY on the road, with a shit OC...then next year,scoring 32 times, and having exactly one losing season.,,,is a guy that sucks.

Every time I think this board, is the best argued board, someone shows up..and drains some water out of the IQ pool.

#10636 Hobbes3259, Jun 20, 2013
  17. ArmandJ

Like yourself?

18. Hobbes3259

Well, to continue my point..,.I was insulting another poster.

You just made him look like Stephen Hawking :rofl:

Armand, remind me again...is Garrard seeing opening day as a Jet? And who did both Mangold, and Holmes say would be starting?

If I spotted you IQ points, for the cool avvy, you might be Able to have DSM classify you as borderline.

#10638 Hobbes3259, Jun 20, 2013
  19. ArmandJ

Mangold and Holmes said AT THIS POINT that Sanchez should start. And I agree. Geno isn't ready NOW. But he may be ready at training camp.

20. Hobbes3259

wow! If Cro can backpeddle like that, He'll be Revis :rofl2:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.