17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. stuartfl

stuartfl Member

I may have read his post wrong but what I think he meant was that the tickets aren't in his name...

2. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

This is a good point.

The Jets are finally getting it now though, that their prices are way too high for what you're getting. There are only two things that the Jets can do at this point (short of a LOT of winning, that is). If they have a LOT of success this year it will go a long way toward filling the stadium (as teh Giants have done).

But short of that, there are only two things that will happen. They can either (1) Lower the prices and put asses in seats or (2) Start the season off with a lot of empty seats. Now, this is why you're going to start seeing the $50 Military Discount bullshit coming out again and all kinds of promotions, which in effect is a lowering of the tix price.

But I think, even with that, that this stadium, is going to be very empty... maybe for many years to come. I am talking Jets games, not Giants games. But again, winning would fix a lot of that. Nothing replaces CONSISTENT winning ala NE Patriots. That will fill the stadium every time, price be damned too. Unfortunately, we are the anti-Patriots... the exact opposite.

I'm just glad to be in the lower rows now where I don't have to deal with the drunk, obnoxious Ravens, Dolphins, Raiders, Bills etc. fans intent on coming here and shitting all over the enjoyment of the games.

3. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

How in the world could any Jet fan with a sense of history buy PSL's with the intent of selling game day tickets for a profit over the long term to pay off the PSL? We all knew that the Jets winning would not last for long, we are not the NY Giants. The PSL was designed for businesses or a person that had money to burn, end of story. Anyone else took an UD seat or bailed.

#17783 sec314, Jun 20, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2013
  4. Section 227. Row 5

Correct. And part of the purpose of this thread evolved into warning people about the PSLs, so you can't say that anyone who has followed this thread from the very early days was not more than adequately warned of the ridiculousness of charging a fee for the "privelige" (more like OBLIGATON) to buy tickets to each and every game (including Preseasons) for the rest of your life.

Woody was clever in those early days surrounding the PSL offerings, bringing in a long line of "stars" like Brett Favre and Plaxico Burress and the (too high a) drafting of the Annointed One, El Guapo, the Southern Californication, 16-starts-to-his-name, GQ Turnover Machine.

So yeah, all that hype helped sell guys like JerseyBoy on the idea that this team was going to skyrocket and stay there. So then the idea was born that , "Heyu, maybe 4 PSLs isn't enough. I should buy 8 and then really cash in."

OMG.

5. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

just called again hoping to get somone who defaulted on their june payment. nothing of interest for 6 tix that i need. there are some prime seats still available but not aisle. continue to call if u are not happy with your seats. 973-549-4600

6. Section 227. Row 5

Or offer JerseyBoy 20 cents on the dollar for the better of the two sets of PSLs he's trying to unload.

7. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

My row 7 are on the aisle 4 together

8. Section 227. Row 5

Nothing's in his name. He has no money, no identity, no address, no phone, no social, no credit, no reading comprehension, no understanding of legal obligations and no common sense.

9. Section 227. Row 5

20 cents on the dollar right now. Take it or leave it.

10. Section 227. Row 5

Wait... I changed my mind.

11. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Actually I hope he screws the Jets out of every penny they thought they were getting and it's not worth their while / impractical to pursue him.

These PSLs are the biggest scam on earth. They're not even a real license for the seats, they are a time share you're paying full price for. Two teams play there yet you only get rights to one of them at full price. You also get bubkis for concerts and events, and you HAVE to pay for full price tickets to preseason games or you forfeit. What the fuck?? Go for it jerseyboi, take them for every last penny

12. GordonGecko

It's not in his power to even offer that to you. Either you pay full price or the PSLs get released. But the PSLs are worthless.
    PSLs are only worth something if you have access to tickets below market value.

Jets tickets are the opposite, face value is way above market, and they make you buy 2 worthless preseason games at full cost

13. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

Thank you....Always respected you on here.

I can sell all of my tickets to the same broker for facevalue but he will NOT buy preseason tickets. So 8 tickets x 2 games not worth lose $2000 on preseason and to keep the psl.

Id rather go on stubhub and get the great hall club now Met life club seats for $100 day of game. or LL for $50. No reason to keep losing my own money and will be buying other peoples tickets since they can not sell them.

14. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Guys

Did you receive your tickets yet or no? I am going to buy a few games on stubhub for the club seats but not sure if the tickets are with the sellers yet or no.

15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

My buddies got the same e mail,,,,,,I think this is the beginning of a public relations nitemare for the jets,,,,,has anything been written in the papers yet or has anyone discussed this on talk radio today ? I am so glad I did not purchase a cock a mammy
    PSL and feel for you guys that want out !

16. JetsSec337Lot13B

I want a price drop. The seats on stubhub are going for 30-80% below face value and it's only June. I knew prices would be down this year but not this low. $35 gets you a low row upper deck seat for 75% of the games.

17. JetsSec337Lot13B

Won't get them until beginning of August.

18. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

It s like playing the stock market though. The Jets are at a low point right now because expectations are so low, but if the Jets exceed expectations once the games start, the prices will go up immediately.

19. JetsSec337Lot13B

I buy/sell tickets on the side. I know better than to touch Jets tickets but I can tell this is the Jets putting the tickets up on stubhub. No broker buys a block of 12-20 tickets and sells them at a $60 per ticket per game loss. Especially in June. Prices are usually sky high now. They usually keep dropping as time goes on. I've never seen low row uppers listed for $35 a ticket in the middle of June.

I already called the Jets up to complain and they said there's nothinf they can do it's their season ticketholders who do this. I know it's a bunch of crap but I won't bother fighting it. Next year I won't bother to pay my invoice. It's not the upgrade I care about and I know tickets go below market price but not this much this early. I am predicting $5 tickets this season.

20. GordonGecko

They had them last year too if you waited a few minutes before kickoff