Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

There's a lot of talent coming into the draft ... not just QBs ... WRs, OLBs, DEs ... a lot of potential to rebuild this offense or get a play-maker on defense. They could go and draft a QB in RD1 and miss out on potential players like Marquis Lee. I would have no issue having one of the 2014 QBs - cept for McCarron... The thing is, the Panthers knew what they had in Clausen, they knew he was garbage. They couldn't pass on Cam not a chance in hell. Jets don't know what they have in Geno. It's a big difference. Again though, no issue drafting a QB in RD1, especially if it's Bridgewater

I like the OC we have right now in MM I'm nervous things don't go well, then we fire Rex along with the entire CS. Depending on our draft position we should still draft a QB I agree, but we can't keep letting good WR talent go by in the draft.

I agree with what you are saying. My main thing is making sure we have the resources available for the QBs going forward. MM is a hella good OC, we can't let him go at this stage. He'll never be a HC again, so I don't see a reason as to why he can't be here for the long run.

The thing about the Packers is that they have the resources available always for a young QB on the come-up. The Jets lacked this, but I think we are in the right direction in developing QBs.

Our situation is so confusing, are we trying to win now and save Rex's job or are we straight up rebuilding and Rex is not in the future plans?

btw Edge awesome avatar, my favorite RPG of all time.

2. You can't bank on what position is strong draft wise until late December the earliest.You also should never run your team on game day based on what MIGHT happen in the future.

If the best thing for Geno's development is that he sits..than I hope he sits.Jets can evaluate & forecast his future based on practice every single day. Maybe you get him into a few games late either as a spark or in a blowout.But you don't sacrifice both wins/losses as well as a player's development for future considerations

3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Clausen is a good example. Kellen Clemens too. That is what some Jets fans don't get. Just cause Geno was projected to go in the 1st round, doesn't mean he is a 1st round QB. Nothing should ever be given to him. If Sanchez plays terrible and Geno is inserted midseason and is terrible, there is no reason the Jets can't pick up a new starter via Free Agency or the draft in 2014. Of course, I want Sanchez or Geno to succeed, but if they don't, it won't be as hard as people think, to move on.

4. NotSatoshiNakamoto

It often takes years to know what you have in a QB. They couldn't pass on Cam because he was too talented of a QB to pass on and they didn't have a sure thing at QB. The same could very well be the case for the Jets next year regardless of whether Geno plays a snap.

5. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

64...? Why not have me pick the lotto.

I said north of 60, since he sucks, and career wise hes what, 55? i would say the bar should be over 59.....

6. Hobbes3259

You dont say.....

7. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

But he doesn't suck according to you. It's been the OC. You said easily north of 60. Easily north of 60% is 59% to you? :lol: North is up not down.

Sanchez had a completion percentage of 56.7 with the worst OC ever in 2011 according to you. All he needed was 3 more completions a game to be above 65%. You've been talking up MM and only X more completions a game all offseason. MM can't get 3 more completions a game than what Schotty got out of him? Don't chicken out now. :lol:

By the way here are a few QBs that threw for a higher than a 59% completion percentage last year:

Christian Ponder
    Ryan Fitzpatrick
    Carson Palmer
    Nick Foles
    Andy Dalton

I know you think Sanchez is better than those guys yet you set the completion % bar lower than what those guys got last year?

#10607 Testaverde, Jun 20, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2013
  8. Hobbes3259

Right. So you want me to bet that hes going up well over 10%

you say hes the worst QB in The league, so tossing better than 60, would be a tremendous improvement, no?

9. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Thanks! Definitely one of the all time great video games. :beer:

I see NFL teams the same way I see people when it comes to handling finances. Some organizations / people will be frugal prudent with their money: they invest it, save it, make it work for them and grow it into something much greater than what they started with; that's the Packers. Then you have the Jets, the team that is always in debt because it always needs to buy the latest and greatest to ensure that they can hang with the big boys. The problem with constantly spending however is that at some point you run out of money, then subsequently other people stop lending you their money so you can continue spending. That's exactly what happened under Tannenbaum and that's why the Packers are awesome and the Jets are not.

The way to change is to get out of debt first (dump the fat), then begin saving and growing your resources rather than buying for today. Its a longer less glorious road to success, but its sustainable and doesn't require winning the lottery to work (New England).

10. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

You are the one that said easily north of 60%. I'm just holding you to your statement. Maybe you missed my edit.

Christian Ponder
    Ryan Fitzpatrick
    Carson Palmer
    Nick Foles
    Andy Dalton

All completed over 59% of their passes. You think Sanchez is better than those guys and now he has a great OC to work with. He can't complete 3 more passes a game with MM? I guess you think more of Schotty than I thought. :)

11. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

There's a reasonable chance that Geno Smith is a very good QB. We're going to have to wait and see if he turns out but he was the best QB prospect in a deep but not particularly great class.

The problem the Jets have right now is that next year's class is a very good class. One that is deep enough in quality returning seniors and with enough highly regarded underclassmen that it is likely to produce 4 or 5 legitimate 1st round QB's.

Given the Jets QB situation that argues heavily in favor of finding out what they have in Geno Smith before that rich 1st round goes by next year. You only get drafts like that every decade or so and missing one can leave you in trouble for a long time.

12. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Yes Hobbes. It's been years. We have a pretty fucking good idea what we have in Sanchez. Well, most of us do.

13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Exactly. The things that we know about Sanchez are fairly well known. He's going to struggle at times next year because he has struggled at times in each year he's been a Jet. Turnovers are going to be a major aggravation for the offense, the team and the fans because they have been in each year he's been a Jet. The offense is likely to be under productive against good defenses because the offense has been under productive in those circumstances in each year he's been a Jet.

In past years we had certain offsetting and mitigating factors alongside the ones above. We had a real shot at a wild card his first three years as QB and he seemed to settle down in the playoffs when the offense contracted and ball control became the whole game plan. We had the future potential of what Sanchez would learn from the struggles he experienced in each season.

Now we have little chance at a playoff spot and Sanchez future is right now. Nothing that he learns from his struggles in 2013 is worth anything to the Jets moving forward.

So, if they put him on the field they're basically surrendering to bad circumstances and making do for a year. There really isn't anything to gain from the deal unless Sanchez miraculously stops making bad decisions and bad throws, which in his 5th year seems unlikely.

14. xxedge72x

The Jets can not find out what they have in Geno Smith in one rookie campaign where he has no quality receivers to throw to or grow with.

The decision to draft a QB next year needs to be 100% agnostic from this years roster. If there is a can't miss guy available to the Jets, then take him no matter what happened this year. Deal with the subsequent decisions that come with that pick in practice and on the field.

15. Hobbes3259

He is better than those players, excepting Palmer i always thought Palmer, like Sanchez desreved ro be under a better offense.

Im just saying, make it sporting. Ive said he could easily get over 60% by completeing 2 more passes a game, call it 60, we're good.

#10615 Hobbes3259, Jun 20, 2013
  16. Hobbes3259

Obligatory cheap shot.....except Nick Mangold :rofl:

Siriously though, on your point,
    Only, if you beleive in Schotty(and having liked Penny, I dont) and offense by retread.

#10616 Hobbes3259, Jun 20, 2013
  17. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Agreed. Next year's draft, plus this year's holes, is why I felt drafting a QB this year was a mistake. I always considered 2013 Sanchez's last chance. Hopefully he succeeds, but if he doesn't, the team could move on in 2014.

18. xxedge72x

Except it wasn't a mistake, you can't improve the most important position on the field by ignoring it in the draft and hoping for the best.

I still believe in Sanchez but I also recognize his job is holding on by a thread at this point. The quest for an effective starting quarterback should never end until we have young established first and second stringers, and feel that we have a good reliable third option who could one day be a two as well.

Never stop drafting QBs. Some guys who can actually catch would be nice too.

19. NotSatoshiNakamoto

What did Mangold say other than Sanchez gives them the best chance to win "at this point"? It's June. Of course a 5 year vet is ahead of a rookie.

I mean, Sanchez was our best chance to win last fall over SackElroy and Tebow too. That doesn't mean he's any good.

20. Hobbes3259

Fair enuff. Though...Smith> Sackelroy+Tebow......

Look, heres where I am on this.

I think Sanchize, has all of the intangibles, and ...shitty coaching and questionable mechanics,

I think Geno, is 180 degrees the other way,

Good system, busts ass at his execution, less of that....uncoachable thing.

But Sanchez hasnt been adequately coached, and Geno, imo, hasnt been given the chance to flash the chinese fire drill.....he came from an offense that didnt put him in that position. He may be great at it.

Best case scenario.

Im right about both guys...and thats always been my point,

#10620 Hobbes3259, Jun 20, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.