Offseason OTAs & Minicamp thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, May 22, 2013.

1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

good to hear on berry.
    cro wilson millner lankster and berry is a very good group of cb's.

nice to see hill making some grabs. probably starting to feel comfortable again and concentrating on the ball and not the knee.

2. G_know4Pres

G_know4Pres Banned

Really wish we would've snagged Stedman Bailey in the third round. We need guys that can catch the football and he had some of the best hands i've ever seen, and the chemistry between him and Geno is uncanny.

3. NYJets17

NYJets17 Well-Known Member

Imagine if we had grabbed Tavon at 9, Geno at 39, and Stedman in the 3rd.

4. NFL

NFL Active Member

The chemistry with him and Geno couldn't be better. They'd been playing together since they where kids i believe.

5. NFL

NFL Active Member

So is minicamp over? I didn't hear anything about Sanchez even with the #2s.

6. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Could have been the best thing for this offense or set back the entire franchise who knows how many years.

Personally I'm glad we avoided it. I'm still not 100% sold on Geno but I've warmed up to him a little bit.

7. Yeah Jets are crazy deep at corner. Don't forget about Trufant & Walls either. You have to wonder if one of them could switch to safety opposite Landry if needed? They can't all make the team. Might as well utilize quality DB talent

Walls is 6'2 & is said to have great ball skills. Lankster is decent in coverage & can tackle. Has this crossed Rex's mind?

8. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Good to see Hill is finally catching passes. Hopefully he keeps it up.

9. bucknasty

bucknasty Member

Straight up, the fact that a QB going into his 5th year hasn't made it clear by now that's hes the starter, he probably shouldn't be the starter

10. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Good article on it in today's Bergen Record by Tara Sullivan:

11. laxin

laxin Active Member

My exact thoughts yesterday. I know we needed help on the OL... But it seems like even more so we need help actually CATCHING the damn ball. One thing is for sure, Studman knows how to catch.

12. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I did forget about trufant and walls. I think lankster is a lock for the team.after that I don't know how many cb's he will keep.it would be great if one of them showed they could play f.s.

13. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

That's crazy! I looked it up and sure enough same high school, probably same grade school too but didn't look for that info.. I was all about drafting him in the 3rd, but nooo let's pick OL 3 consecutive picks.. (not counting ivory trade)

14. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Evidently Ricky Sapp has been turning some heads without pads, lets see if he can keep that up with Pads in July, August and September.
    Been hearing some peeps on twitter that Marcus Davis has been making an impression, but some of the folks are referring to him as this years David Clowney. Still, a player like Clowney may or may not pan out in the long run, but they're intriguing as hell.

15. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Those are developmental players not guys that should be seeing tons of reps.

16. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Yea I'm sure Steiny is still all over his balls.

17. 1968jetsfan

Yep, especially Davis. However on a roster as thin as the Jets roster is the developmental guys do matter, we really need a couple of them to show they can make and contribute to the 53 man roster. Especially at LB, TE, WR and probably the OL positions.

18. 1968jetsfan

Every once in a while a Clowney like player steps up and makes a real name for themselves, not a real frequent thing but it does happen. You get a player with a high upside but a lot of question marks you hope you hit paydirt with them but if not you don't really lose much.

I'd rather have a questionable player with a ton of upside as the last player on a positional depth chart than an experienced JAG who's upside is probably no better than the low end return side of the high upside player.

Boy, that's a tough read ;)

19. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

That is is true I do think we can get by with what we have at LB this year. WR and TE needs more depth.

20. 1968jetsfan

I'm pretty sure Sapp makes the squad, I'm pulling for Troy Davis as well.

WR there are 3 or 4 guys I'm really pulling for at least 1 or 2 of them pushing the bottom depth of the WR corp. I mention Marcus Davis specifically because he has just a huge upside, but he's also has the most "Bust" potential, aka he's pretty much the ultimate high risk high reward type player, as if I UDFA really ever qualifies as a high risk since there's little investment in them.