Offseason OTAs & Minicamp thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, May 22, 2013.

1. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

I was wrong, and I will admit it. I don't like that you're confusing my dislike of him as a player for my dislike in him as a person. That's not the case at all. It just is so confusing that people defend him after his terrible, terrible regression. If Geno regresses that badly over the next couple of years, I will call him out.

2. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

You're a hater. When you take the dislike of a player to the heights of what some of you do here--that's hate. Of the internet kind.

Nothing wrong with that.

I used to be a supporter, then a defender, now I'm a sitting-on-the-fencer.

So I'll root for him AND Geno.

Don't feel the need to back off who you are.

_

3. JStokes

Phrases like sucks ass, hot garbage, piece of sh*t, blows moosecawk and the like denote more than mere dislike.

Be true to yourself.

Be a hater.

It's ok.

_

4. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I believe the majority of the blame lies with the management. In any organization, the leadership sets the direction and philosophy of the organization, or the team if you will. They are the ones who decide how things are going to happen. They are the ones who lay the plans for the players to execute.

To pin it on Sanchez first is to also believe that management did everything possible to give Sanchez a shot to succeed with that gameplan, and that the only reason why the gameplan was not executed was because Sanchez didn't execute it.

Tannenbaum made the personnel decisions. Tannenbaum allowed Rex a say in the draft process. Rex decided the Jets would be defense first and foremost, and that everyone else was a second class citizen. Rex wanted the biggest baddest defense since the 85 Bears. Rex wanted a defense that statistically would be better than the 2000 Ravens. Rex wanted an offense that runs the ball a majority of the time in order to not screw things up for that defense. He never cared about having an offense that was good, productive, or dynamic... he just didn't want it to screw it up for the defense.

Schottenheimer wanted to be the NFL equivalent of a steampunk mad scientist. Lots of gadgets and gears and smoking potions causing all sorts of confusion on the defense. Motions and formations and personnel packages oh my. But oh by the way we need to have a red light green light flash card system for our rookie quarterback who is more confused by the system then the defense he was facing. This is the same offense that Brett Favre mandated be simplified because he couldn't make a freaking pre-snap read on the defense with all the bullshit taking place on the Jets side of the line of scrimmage. Then last year we brought in Sparano, who more or less was there to collect a paycheck for a year. He was basically the equivalent of a substitute teacher.

So... all these people had their hands in building a team that started before Sanchez was ever allowed to even touch the field. At the end of the day, the results are in their court, not the players. Rex is the only surviving member of that decision making group and its because he's exceptional at running a defense.

So, I don't buy it for a minute that Sanchez is the root cause of the Jets problems. Remove Sanchez and insert Geno Smith in to a situation that hasn't changed one bit, and the only thing that Geno Smith has that Sanchez didn't is the fact that he hasn't had the chance to have his head bashed in yet. He's fresh, he's new - all very popular things in the city that never sleeps and needs to be gratified every second of every day. Under the same circumstances too, he'll wash out just as quickly as Sanchez. That's not Sanchez's fault.

#404 xxedge72x, Jun 11, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
  5. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

All this talk about Sanchez and Smith and nobody is even mentioning the real point here. Yeah there may be a competition going on..maybe..but unless in your heart of hearts you really believe Sanchez has more than a microscopic chance of being back next year then you are kidding yourselves about a "competition". Sanchez might start a couple of games but that would be it. The Jets are going to suck this year so all of this year will be about whether they need to draft another QB next year or not and they won't know that unless Smith plays.

6. PuMa

PuMa Banned

Tha fuck lol....................

7. bucknasty

bucknasty Member

Kinda pissed Geno aint getting real reps with the ones, not really a fair competition considering our seconds team line and WRs wouldn't make the practice squad on most NFL teams

8. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

I said he sucks ass. That is HARDLY hating or slanderous.

9. bloke911

bloke911 Active Member

LOL, I loved Sanchez for 3 1/2 years. I think I'm in the hating mode now.

I want to see Geno fail or be successful this year. Can't stand to see another Sanchez INT or fumble. He's actually making me older.

For the sake of my family and children please let's move on.

10. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

I agree, but I do hate Sanchez the post game interview...I have to do better...etc

11. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

It is unwatchable

12. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Not if used to describe his skill set, which in that case are accurate descriptors. Dont worry about Mark, he's getting $8.5m to put up with "haters".

13. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

And so it goes, that for every thread, no matter what the subject, the topic soon gravitates towards the Sanchez sucks inputs versus "It's the supporting offensive cast lack of talent" dilemma.

This, and the lack of real detail info out of camp makes for a long pre-season for those of us longing for some real insight on the performance of the other 60 or so players.

14. bloke911

bloke911 Active Member

All our hack beat writers are in Foxborough this week to cover Tebow.

For once I can thank Tebow for something.

15. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Well so much for coming to this thread to get actual news. Instead I get pathetically another stupid debate about our qb's. waahh waahh mark sucks i hate sanchez, geno is overrated blah blah fucking blah.

16. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

they're alternating 1st team reps.

today was Sanchez's day, tomorrow should be Geno's.

Anybody hear more about something besides the beaten horse topic at QB?

How was the safety play? Did Coples look good? Ivory is here right, how was he?

17. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

He brought the hate on himself by focusing on commercials, GQ shoots, Broadway Musicals, celebrity gal pals instead of knowing the playbook and watching film religiously. Christ they had to get him a color arm band , then they extended him to soothe his hurt feelings over actively pursuing Manning.

Fuck him and his Alma Mater. He was a wasted draft pick just like Gholston.

18. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

They're alternating but we've yet to hear anything about Geno playing behind the 1st team O-Line

19. JStokes

First of all, point of order here. Clearly, since you WROTE those words it is not "slanderous".

If you had somehow managed to utter those words on The Gang Green--not sure GG has that optionality--but in order to slander Sanchez you would have had to have verbally spoken untruths about him.

So from a strictly legalistic sense, what you did was libel him. Written defamation as it were.

But don't let the legal niceties deter you from your hate.

It's ok.

Hate can be liberating.

I mean, not for me, but I'm a little more civil in my judgment of people.

So please, hate on.

Nobody is going to sue you.

_

20. JStokes

You see Armand--this is hate.

Go with it.

It suits your type.

And TJNet's type.

_