Offseason OTAs & Minicamp thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, May 22, 2013.

1. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

"Stats"?

In minicamp?

Ok.

_

2. JStokes

Too funny.

Haters gonna hate.

Btw, in what world is 4 of 7 with 3 sacks playing "well"?

_

3. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

A world in which logic is used. Where having a rookie QB playing well with a second string O is better than Mark Sanchez playing at a mediocre level to a first string O.

I know, you must be shocked that your boyfriend may lose this competition

4. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Neither guy based on those stats are outplaying the other. That's why I want to see these guys play in preseason and judge their performance based on the eye test.

5. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Jets will name a starter well before the preseason. Geno needs to play better against 2nd stringers if he thinks he will start.

6. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

its quite a rollercoaster huh?? just stay on the dark side.

7. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

hes also playing with second stringers

8. JStokes

Hey--I'm a Jet fan--I like Sanchez AND Geno and may the better player play. I'm actually hoping Geno shows a lot this year AND challenges to start--because if Sanchez beats him out we're drafting a new QB next year and as good as that class is--I'm done waiting for the next franchise guy.

I'm not one of those dooshbag fans that hates current players--I like them all.

I get that you hate Sanchez--but your response that Geno played "well" is just stupid.

Hate Sanchez all you want.

I'm going to root for BOTH QBs--just like I've rooted for every Jet QB since Namath.

Well, except Tebow.

By the way--weren't you one of those "Jet fans" guaranteeing that Sanchez was going to get cut June 1?

I don't think that happened.

_

9. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Lolz. Any offense should put up more than 10. All our offense has to do is not turn the ball over so much and we'll be putting up at least 17 per. We should really aim for 24+, however. It really is all about the turnovers.

10. NFL

NFL Active Member

Good post.

I do post sometimes bashing Sanchez, but only when some of the guys who are completely in love with him are writing bullshit. Like you, I'm rooting for both QBs, I'm rooting for all WRs all TEs all FBs cus at the end of the day, it's for the benefit of the team.

11. johnnysd

johnnysd Well-Known Member

Oh please. Sanchez pulled down Hill as much as his drops. Hill was open all the time and Sanchez never threw to him. Hill is not an instant talent but he can develop into a Top 5 receiver in the NFL Let's hate on the 2nd year guy, but defend Buttfumble pieceof shit Sanchez. Brilliant

12. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

You think Hill not getting passes had nothing to do with with a potentially game winning touchdown pass against our biggest rivals hitting Hill square in the chest while he was standing still and had no one around him and him dropping it anyway?

I love how Sanchez bashers only see one side to the story.

13. JStokes

I was a huge supporter through 2009 and 2010 and through a portion of 2011--but something happened to him in that Baltimore game and he has been a different--and much worse--player since then. I was willing to over look 2011 as him getting killed by his O-line with the hopes that he put it together in 2012.

But in 2012 quite simply he was awful. Not sure he's fixable at this point--but we'll see what MM can do.

Still, I don't get the abject hate and a-hole mentality some Jet "fans" have towards the guy.

To each his own.

_

14. JStokes

Haters gonna hate.

:lol:

_

15. The 1985er

This post is ironic

That Hill drop was bad. But how many as equally shitty plays has Sanchez made throughout his career? Even in big games. Did the receivers, oline, RB etc decide to purposely not do their jobs because Sanchez threw a pick or two in big spots. Hill dropped a pass that he should have caught. But as the QB and the leader he should show confidence in him by going back to Hill when he's open.

16. NotSatoshiNakamoto

The funniest part about this post is that you actually believe you're being logical.

17. JStokes

LOL, too funny.

_

18. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I know Sanchez has been bad. I don't need to be convinced of that.

I'm kicking back against the idea that the Jets have a 10 man offense, and then Sanchez who is pissing in their cheerios each and every play while the rest of them perform like All-Pro superstars and don't get what they deserve because of him.

Let's face it, the Jets offense blows chunks. They've addressed the QB position with Geno Smith, and yet Geno Smith faces the exact same prospect that has helped bring about the demise of Mark Sanchez: one of the worst receiving groups in the entire NFL.

Hill is a guy who would've been a great fit on a team that had a deep receiving corps such as the Giants and the Falcons. Instead the Jets drafted a guy who was incredibly raw (like Sanchez when he came out) yet has flashed incredible talent, then just decided they were going to start him and expect big things. What the hell did they think would happen?

The Jets have not put Sanchez in a position to succeed in the offense's premiere position, and they will repeat their mistakes with Geno Smith once they've moved on from Sanchez to appease the weenies who are butthurt over the buttfumble.

19. The 1985er

Sanchez does deserve the majority of the blame for the mere fact that the issues with the offense begins with the guy under center. His poor mechanics and bad decision making has nothing to do with the skill position players. I do agree with you that they haven't put the best talent around Sanchez post 2010. But that doesn't excuse Sanchez poor individual play.

20. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

I don't hate Sanchez the person. I dislike him, the player.

That being said, maybe I wasn't being logical, and I can admit that. I just don't see any way Sanchez comes back and lays better than ever.