Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Disagreed. "He was a rookie" is not a sufficient excuse when u see how well other rookies have played. Sanchez was on a really good team that yr.

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

a really good team that missed the playoffs w/ a HOF QB a year earlier against a MUCH easier sched and w/o Brady to worry about.

Mark he 3-4 awful games which skew his #s but he was good most of the year.

3. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

You can hang onto 2010 all u want but its 2013 now and he has looked nothing like that since. You can point to the weapons in his defense but inversely I believe it was the weapons making Mark look good in 2010. 1 good yr in 4 as a top 5 pick making over $8m per yr is not what we need from that position any way you spin it.

4. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

The phenomenon of rookies playing well is extremely recent.

Most first round picks either did not play their first year or they were worse than Sanchez. Very few started from day 1. Only a handful were succesful their first year.

Just because you want a top 5 pick to play lights out doesn't make it so, or historically accurate.

Sanchez started from day 1 with only a year of college play.

We get that you hate Sanchez, and you have plenty of ammo.

No need to make stuff up.

_

5. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Example of a Junc misleading quote, the Jets missed the playoffs in 2008 with the exact same record they had in 2009. In juncspeak that means Sanchez willed the other teams to lose more games so the Jets could squeak in.

Junc is just playing more of his JuncI mind tricks, the farce is strong with him.

(pretty sure he mutters when typing "these are not the facts your looking for")

6. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

The phenomenon may be recent but its valid because Sanchez was a recent draft pick.

Who was worse than Sanchez?

FYI I supported Sanchez until midway thru 2012.

#10326 Jake, Jun 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2013
  7. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Example of 1968jetsfan having no idea what he is watching. 9-7 in 2008 was like 7-9 in 2009. We had NO Tom Brady to worry about, we had a cupcake sched(a 1 win team from 2007 won 11 games that year and hasn't been close to a winning record since). Someday you will stop looking at rankings/stats/lists and start watching football.

8. JStokes

JaMarcus Russell?

Vince Young?

Matthew Stafford his first year? Yeah, he was worse than Sanchez and he had Megatron to throw the ball into triple coverage with.

_

9. JStokes

FYI--so did I.

2012 was brutal.

I just don't have the hate for him some of you guys have. I don't get it.

Only Jet I've ever hated in my 40 plus years as a fan was Tebow.

_

10. cval

cval Well-Known Member

As I have said over and over Sanchez is on a short rope to turn around his career. If he can't do it with Marty he will not be able to do it. We will know soon enough. If Mark wins the Job he will have top play well to keep it. If he does the Jets will be contenders and in a really good situation for the long term. If not he is done and hopefully Geno is the real deal.

11. JStokes

Yup.

You would think a post like this would end the thread.

But I fear not.

_

12. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

Tebow will take less time to be an average qb now that he is gone from the big apple than nacho will when he leaves. Any bet takers? Juncs holy grail of his defense of nacho is a joke. Nacho was on the team, when it won 4 road playoff games. Whoopie, Trent dilfer played for the ravens one time and they won a Super Bowl. I wonder what his season stats look like in comparison to nachos two storied seasons?
    It's amazing that his fragile defense is hung on such a false idea of how an average to above average qb has to play in the NFL. Tebow may win a Super Bowl as a qb faster than nacho.

13. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Yup..........but hey, whats a hate thread with a rational thought.

14. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

haha so it was 9-7 but was like 7-9... thats cute.

but lets not forget they were 8-5 then their qb got injured. yes yes i know he played he was fine.

and sanchez played the last 4 years, but we will use that when its convenient.

that 09 defense was really good. that o line was really good, that running game was really good too. that qb was a rookie who had his ups and downs, many many more downs than ups though. the team won inspite of him not because of him.

15. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

I think everybody can agree that this is his make or break year, and that if he isn't stellar he's gone. (13 mill for a QB at about the same level as our cheaper draft pick from last year? don't think so)

The arguments seem to be on how likely that is to happen or rather how good or bad he was throughout his 4 year career.

Pretty pointless in the grand scheme, since once again unless he's lights out this year he's gone so its really just to service our own egos but whatever.

16. cval

cval Well-Known Member

He either has to play lights out or another long playoff run

17. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

We're all aware this is where we stand. The discussion stems from analyzing what has got us here, and that's why this thread won't die. Who even cares? This thing is legendary.

Can't wait for TC.

18. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The debate I have always been a part of in this thread is "Is it time to give up on Mark Sanchez, 5th Pick overall of the 2009 NFL draft?" My answer is no. 2013 should be his final chance though and I think he will deliver.

19. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Cromartie (aside from his spectacular INT return) had a bad game and Wilson looked the part of a rookie. That said, the defense took the ball away from Baltimore on 3 out of their first 4 possessions and the offense didn't do squat with it. Up until the Jets last "drive" the offense hadn't even gained 150 total yards. Up until the Jets last "drive" the offense hadn't even converted a 3rd down. The offense racked up 75 total yards passing ..... 75 yards. For all of the Ravens time of possession dominance, and the penalties that helped give Baltimore the game's only TD (Edwards roughing the kicker, Wilson's interference) the fact remains, the Jets ended up giving up only 10 points. Further, the offensive Jets offense had 6 first downs, tying a franchise low.

Two brutal calls indeed. But neither were inside the GB 40 so it's not like sure points were being taken off the board.

What was equally brutal about those two calls was the QB play. On the 1st "interception" it was a 3rd & 11. Sanchez threw a 2-3 yard pass to Cotchery who was blanketed by Tremon Williams. Whether it was a bad call or not it was a stupid, useless pass that would've left the Jets with a 4th & 8 and out of field goal range. On the 2nd "interception" (Woodson stripping Keller), it was a 1st & 20 pass and there's Sanchez attempting a 5 yard pass to a guy who's running parallel to the line of scrimmage. But what was brutal was that Cotchery had run an out pattern and was wide open as Woodson read Sanchez like a book and let Cotchery run free. Stupid pass off of a terrible read.

Not to be lost was the 4th quarter pass intended for Cotchery that was broken up on the goal line/side line by Tremon Williams. Woodson lined up against Braylon Edwards and released him to the SS Charlie Peprah who totally blew the coverage leaving Edwards running all alone in the endzone. Mark totally missed the wide open read and that was that.

But more to the point, overall you cannot excuse, or spin, or whatever when it comes to ZERO POINTS SCORED. To even attempt to somehow explain getting shut out ("the refs" notwithstanding) is "artful" at best.

The bottom line:
    - the Jet defense gave up 19 points in those two games (9.5 PPG).
    - the Jet offense scored 9 points in those two games (4.5 PPG).

#10339 joe, Jun 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2013
  20. gopats88

gopats88 Member

You keep on bringing this up even though it has been thoroughly debunked.

Nearly every QB has a better QB rating in the red zone than they do in the rest of the field. This is because the TD/INT ratio is inherently MUCH greater in the red zone. When you are at your opponents 10 yard line, the likelihood of throwing a TD is MUCH MUCH higher compared to other parts of the field, whereas the likelihood of throwing an INT is roughly the same.

The fact that Sanchez had a 90 rating in the redzone never should be interpreted as him having played like a 90-rating QB, even in the redzone. QBs who get ratings around 90 overall are usually up in the 100s in the redzone. Sanchez's 90 rating is barely over average, as has been pointed out already in this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.